• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Week 17 Game 16 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the loss at KC, Fins OFFICIALLY eliminated from playoff contention. Might be a good time to unlease the scrub Matt Moore for what would hopefully be his last NFL game, at least in a Fins uniform.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to watching the Fins game today. I view it as a win win situation. If the Fins win the home crowd enjoys the victory if the Fins lose then that would lead to even earlier draft picks.

There will be players that we don't usually get to see playing. These guys have a lot to play for because they are trying to earn a roster spot or more playing time next year.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to watching the Fins game today. I view it as a win win situation. If the Fins win the home crowd enjoys the victory if the Fins lose then that would lead to even earlier draft picks.

There will be players that we don't usually get to see playing. These guys have a lot to play for because they are trying to earn a roster spot or more playing time next year.

I will spoil the party and disagree.

As of last week, the Fins are eliminated from playoff contention, making this game beyond meaningless.

This fan base is one that checks out the first bump on the road- thats what bandwagoners do. The fan base bailed a long time ago. The win would do/mean little.

Not me in particular, nor am I saying such of anyone in here in particular either -- but, even draft positioning means little to this base given its shortcomings according to said fan base.

Which brings me to my keys to todays game:Winning/losing not a priority - the ultimate key to this game is to get out of this game healthy/alive and head into the off-season as such.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uneventful first offensive drive for the Fins as usual - and then a typical lifeless defensive drive that ends in a Bills TD with no resistance

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Gase throws in the towel after 1 drive and brings in David Fales - its not Matt Moore at least and thats great

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Adam Gase coaching tree is down its own leaf as current Broncos HC and former Fins DC, Vance Joseph will be let go after the end of his rookie season. Not surprising at all

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more half for this miserable season to be over

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to lose or gain in this game but it was idiotic to go for it on that 4th down given the yardage needed - Adam Gase is determined to end this season with the consistency he has had all season with his horrific coaching decisions/

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very Dolphins like end to this game/season with this melt-down led by Kenyan Drake and Jarvis Landry - maybe not from Drake, but we have seen these kinds of melt downs from Landry and other Fins before when things have gone downhill for the team - lets see if Gase has the guts to discipline and hold them accountable as he has other players for less than this

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins, as usual, have done EVERYTHING to earn this loss. But Tripplett, like too many other "top" officials have made this game more about them than the guy game they are calling - they always want to be the star of the game one way or another. This is why I never buy into the SportsHoopla about certain refs because of the years theyve spent in the sport - if you give these clowns too much air time they start thinking they are bigger than the game.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping that Gase has a New Years resolution for his team to stop having pre-snap penalties. I still think Gase has potential as the head coach but that should be his top goal for next season.

I thought Fales played fairly well. He did have the late turnover but when you consider that he hasn't practiced with the starters a lot he looked capable as a backup. He led some nice drives. Cutler nearly had an INT on his first drive.

I watched the Landry & Drake ejections. Unlike when Gronk wasn't ejected the refs got it right. That said, I am hoping there is no carry over for Landry to next season. He was provoked after his TD. Without being hit first that fight never happens. Coming back in the game got a lot harder after those guys left the game.

Drake's helmet throw will probably lead to a fine but players have short careers especially RBs. Drake is on his rookie contract and has never had a problem so hopefully the league doesn't overreact with his fine amount. During the fight Drake was absolutely mauled by a much bigger player. He was understandably frustrated but just didn't handle his anger well.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping that Gase has a New Years resolution for his team to stop having pre-snap penalties. I still think Gase has potential as the head coach but that should be his top goal for next season.

The ugly last game was a fitting end to a dreadful season. Vance will have to gain control of the clubhouse before he can gain control of the penalties. The players know better but take their frustrations to the next level versus winning a few more games.
Winning should be everything to a pro. Send some tough messages this off-season......

Dolphins veteran gives honest, revealing reason why Miami fell flat in 2017