• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins vs New York Giants Game Thread Week 14

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that Dolphins soft defense and weak ass washed up corners like Grimes it was only a matter of time before the Dolphins secondary got burned. I know it was Taylor to get burned there but that play was set up by constant mistakes from the secondary the entire game.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants missed a FG and we did nothing to take advantage

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Motivator Campbell was fired up until this game took an ugly turn - then went back to that lifeless look he has when things aren't going the Fins way. He again mismanaged some situations of which as I have said countless times would be the key into determining his worth as a candidate for the HC position.

Fins now officially eliminated from contention - Cheatriots take division again

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We obviously need a shutdown CB in the draft as Grimes is a 2-3 at this point of his career.

I'm just disappointed that the coaches gave up on the run again after everyone on the planet knows that they have to run to have any chance plus they were having success with the balance. Blows my mind...I'd like to put a zapping dog collar on the OC when he goes past 60% pass.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We obviously need a shutdown CB in the draft as Grimes is a 2-3 at this point of his career.

I'm just disappointed that the coaches gave up on the run again after everyone on the planet knows that they have to run to have any chance plus they were having success with the balance. Blows my mind...I'd like to put a zapping dog collar on the OC when he goes past 60% pass.

The tough guy mentality that Campbell wanted to bring went to hell as quick as it started. And there is no excuse for it. No excuse at all. He preaches all this stuff to his players in practice and the media, but when they hit a bump on the road during a game - he just falls flat on his face. His inability to stick with the game plan and dictate the tempo of games has hurt our production and has hurt his chances as a full time coach - at least of this team.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tough guy mentality that Campbell wanted to bring went to hell as quick as it started. And there is no excuse for it. No excuse at all. He preaches all this stuff to his players in practice and the media, but when they hit a bump on the road during a game - he just falls flat on his face. His inability to stick with the game plan and dictate the tempo of games has hurt our production and has hurt his chances as a full time coach - at least of this team.
I can't disagree with you here they all know it and all said it that they need balance and they simply lost control. I understand the new OC is very green but all Campbell has to do is tap him on the shoulder and say mix it up a little more son or you'll be gone too! These guys may end up being good but this team can't afford coaching errors, bad play calls, unbalanced play calling, etc....right now. At least the coach needs some experience in the league. I'm intrigued by Shula for obvious reasons but does he even have enough experience at this point???

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have said before, experience alone shouldn't be a determining factor in the next HC or even the top factor. Experience alone doesn't guarantee you everything.

This may not sound like a lot , or even good enough - But, more so than anything, the Fins should go with a guy that has the VISION to get this franchise to where it needs to be.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I have said before, experience alone shouldn't be a determining factor in the next HC or even the top factor. Experience alone doesn't guarantee you everything.

This may not sound like a lot , or even good enough - But, more so than anything, the Fins should go with a guy that has the VISION to get this franchise to where it needs to be.
Well if the new guy doesn't have enough experience to keep the play calling balanced, when to call a TO, etc...the team will continue to falter for years and right now they need someone who can be that rock to keep them together. Just do the right things instead of it being a circus all the time.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the new guy doesn't have enough experience to keep the play calling balanced, when to call a TO, etc...the team will continue to falter for years and right now they need someone who can be that rock to keep them together. Just do the right things instead of it being a circus all the time.
Very good points with you and Paolo, Flyer. I, however, really would like to see Miami hire a guy that has a REAL eye for talent, as virtually every head coach and/or GM has epically FAILED in the regard(and perhaps the biggest issue) of infusing this team with quality if not good players from both the draft and free agency. Our line would have been ridiculously better this year had we signed Mathis....who's decision was it to go into this season banking on Dallas freakin Thomas or the other ass clown that clearly should be on some teams practice squad??? I mean, our line has sucked HUGE for what, ten damn years now? Come the fuck on already.....I agree with Paolo about having more than a clue about how to turn this franchise around and really having a 'vision' that might make sense. I agree with Flyer, that the last 3 coaches(at least) have been badly outcoached in almost every tight ballgame Miami has found itself in-so being able to make game changing decisions in critical moments of games are pretty important. After watching the Dolphins basically get shredded by Eli for the entire game, its became painfully obvious to me( and probably millions of other people watching the game) that this team lacks A LOT of talent. The offensive line needs I would say two solid guards, and possibly a decent tackle that can play on either side. Our linebackers are almost comical, and have been almost as long as our pathetic offensive line. I had somewhat high hopes for Taylor as a compliment to Grimes coming into this season, but I think its fairly clear now that Miami will need probably two more corners as Grimes is a shell of the guy he used to be. Defensive line? Yep, go ahead and add that to the list as well....perhaps if the 'football Gods' shine their heavenly light on Miami, Jordan will come back next year and be a beast-but it would be so 'Miami' if he was completely out of the league by next season(cough Pat White cough cough). Sorry to make this such a long winded post, but my point is that Miami has had SOOOOOO many bad if not downright pathetic drafts for so very long.....sooner or later it clearly catches up to you-and it finally has for Miami. I propose we get a head coach( and more than likely a GM-so long Hickey, thanks for flying United) that can truly find talented football players that MAKES MIAMI A BETTER TEAM. This team is in need of at least 5 good players(probably more) before we even begin the discussion about playoffs. This offseason might be the biggest/most important one for Miami in a very long time. Possibly ever.....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent isn't something a coach can always get out of a player - thats not his primary job - more so, a coach should be able to maximize the talent that a particular player posses. If a player simply doesn't have talent to begin with, he gives coaches very little to work with.

But I would disagree that a lack of talent or the inability to develop talent is the reason for this teams struggles or so many coaching staffs failing over the years. A guy for an " eye for talent" as you said is about misleading. Talent seems to be defined differently by every one.

I say that this teams problem is not a lack of talent because if you go back and look at some of our guys draft classes, some of them were in fact among the top prospects overall in the draft, if not at least in their respective positions - thing is for a number of reasons they just haven't ALL panned all. But do give them credit for some of the guys that have turned out to be quality contributors especially the unexpected ones -- Terrence Fede and Derrick Shelby come to mind.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maximizing talent is key and running a system where you can plug in scrubs without missing a beat is huge as well. But when you can't call a decent game and put your players in the best position to win you have to go. Some guys simply aren't football sharp enough to handle that stuff under pressure.