• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets Game Thread Week 12

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We stink it up on KR and PR and get no field position. We had good field position early in the first quarter and chances to score and blew it thanks to usual horrific play calling. People wanted to blame Philbin for not putting Lazor in his place when it comes to play calling - the problem has continued if not worsened with Campbell.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Parker get a chance. Took long enough. Weeks AFTEr campbell said he would use him because he always felt he needed to be out there even when Philbin was coaching yet it took Campbell forever to give him a shot also

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fins will fall to 0-5 to what once looked like a very winable division but when you get rid of the wrong coach and take too long to fire the right coach and hire some rah rah guy who only can get it done against bad teams - that happens.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD for Landry and here come the Dolphins giving us false hope again

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall beats none other than Brent Grimes for a big pass play - just when you thought the Fins had any hope of making this respectable they expose our biggest weakness

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall exposes Grimes again this time for a TD

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets continue to emphasize just how soft the Fins are

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fins will fall to 0-5 to what once looked like a very winable division but when you get rid of the wrong coach and take too long to fire the right coach and hire some rah rah guy who only can get it done against bad teams - that happens.
It's obvious that all of the coaches should be released which is really too bad. But you are delusional for thinking that Philbin wasn't part of the problem. Completely delusional...he set up this mess. They also have to do a better job of assessing talent specifically the oline.

I'm not as upset with the D as the offense has given them 0 support.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious that all of the coaches should be released which is really too bad. But you are delusional for thinking that Philbin wasn't part of the problem. Completely delusional...he set up this mess. They also have to do a better job of assessing talent specifically the oline.

I'm not as upset with the D as the offense has given them 0 support.

Reading comprehension is crucial, buddy. Please show me where in my post do I say that Philbin wasn't the problem. I never said the guy was the answer but he certainly wasn't the main problem. And that mess you speak of, he inherited some of that mess from the previous regime. I always thought that this season would've been his first season to get most of HIS guys on the roster as a he started to let go of some guys from the previous regime. Hence, the free agent moves we made. Sadly, most haven't panned out, but such is life. So, this mess you speak of was inherited. He should've at least been given this season and the coming off season to put things together.

Now, the Dolphins have continued to stink it up this season, they must blew it up and continue to take steps back in their rebuilding process. That is what happens when you make rash decisions and don't give things time to develop as they can.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moments after we onside kick it and get the ball back , Campbell and Lazor go pass happy again - another bad snap leads to Tannehill turning the ball over -- too bad he will get all the blame while others are really at fault

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Ryan Tannehill for finding a way to stay alive in this game after our lack of a running game and lack of brains from our HC and OC have virtually put his life on the line time and again today.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading comprehension is crucial, buddy. Please show me where in my post do I say that Philbin wasn't the problem. I never said the guy was the answer but he certainly wasn't the main problem. And that mess you speak of, he inherited some of that mess from the previous regime. I always thought that this season would've been his first season to get most of HIS guys on the roster as a he started to let go of some guys from the previous regime. Hence, the free agent moves we made. Sadly, most haven't panned out, but such is life. So, this mess you speak of was inherited. He should've at least been given this season and the coming off season to put things together.

Now, the Dolphins have continued to stink it up this season, they must blew it up and continue to take steps back in their rebuilding process. That is what happens when you make rash decisions and don't give things time to develop as they can.
You said that they got rid of the wrong coach? Has to be Philbin that you meant no?

Guess who hired the coordinators? Wasn't Campbell...and Philbin wouldn't fire them so bye bye. You only get so much time time to be an idiot in the NFL Ross was quite patient...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Philbin was the wrong firing should've just been Coyle. Something tells me Philbin will have an easier time bouncing back with a job than Coyle - unless Philbin decides to call it a career - he has been through a lot personally basically since he got hired by the Fins.

And, sure , people want to put it on Philbin for not fire the coordinator, but something tells me the front office had more to do with that.
You only get so much time time to be an idiot in the NFL Ross was quite patient...

Than the firing of Campbell is long overdue. A great position coach and maybe coordinator - and probably has a set career as a motivational speaker - but as a head coach and all that is required of it, is not his strength clearly.

Lots of firings in the coaching ranks today - maybe not the most attractive to NFL teams, but some names to consider for our HC position - if the Fins want a rah rah guy similar to Campbell - a college coach might do it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that they need to blow everything up just add some better talent on the oline, LB and CB some guys will be a year older too. Better coaching will make a big difference.

Nice to see Parker give us some promise they can't afford him to be a bust.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, stellar rushing numbers today for the Fins. Stellar job of our coaches to get away from that basically after the just one drive

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that they need to blow everything up just add some better talent on the oline, LB and CB some guys will be a year older too. Better coaching will make a big difference.

Nice to see Parker give us some promise they can't afford him to be a bust.

The thing is, given the contract of some of the guys who have under-performed, they are likely to get rid of some guys to start over -- our TE, Cameron is the first that comes to mind. He was banged up with injuries to start - once he was healthy, our OL and entire offense as a whole was already struggling - so, as usual, the Dolphins put their very decent pass-catching in a tough position by asking them to primarily do blocking - and their pass catching talent go to waste. I always say the Dolphins have to be methodical with their offense - run the ball - go short and intermediate and get your TEs involved then open it up - that is , in fact, the purpose of the west coast offensive scheme the dolphins run.

We need depth at RB behind Ajayi and Miller . At WR we only have Matthews, Landry, Stills and Parker with bright futures.

Defensively, the positions you mentioned before - But , I think if they were healthy it would be much better. Our corners might be the biggest point needed to address. There we are either too inexperienced, or just washed up as is the case with Grimes.

We have some bad contracts on this roster given the way things are playing out and I think that is why blowing it up might be the best route

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyhow, game over and season virtually over - on to next week as we continue to just play the season out. I won't even say play for pride - there is nothing to be proud of right now

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the irony - the Jets ended Philbins tenure with the Fins - and they have done the same for Campbell today.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Philbin was the wrong firing should've just been Coyle. Something tells me Philbin will have an easier time bouncing back with a job than Coyle - unless Philbin decides to call it a career - he has been through a lot personally basically since he got hired by the Fins.

And, sure , people want to put it on Philbin for not fire the coordinator, but something tells me the front office had more to do with that.

Than the firing of Campbell is long overdue. A great position coach and maybe coordinator - and probably has a set career as a motivational speaker - but as a head coach and all that is required of it, is not his strength clearly.

Lots of firings in the coaching ranks today - maybe not the most attractive to NFL teams, but some names to consider for our HC position - if the Fins want a rah rah guy similar to Campbell - a college coach might do it.
I think that you are the only one on the planet that wants to keep Philbin not saying he was the worst of the bunch but he hired Coyle and didn't fire him. Perhaps if he was smarter he would have fired him and kept his job this year...ultimately everything he set up was wrong as we can see and it was inevitable that he would be released anyway.

Campbell never had a chance due to all of this he hasn't even had a full year under his belt that doesn't seem fair to say that he had the same chance as Philbin. Either way he needs to show something and by not rushing the ball creating more balance he's no better in my books. He'll be gone and so will Lazor. Campbell's young he has plenty of time to learn the craft but who knows it's not happening here right now.

I don't even know who they could hire but it must be someone who can play the game straight and have some balance as this offense can't be pass happy and have success. Any tool can see that...except unfortunately the Fins coaching staff and organization as a whole.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, stellar rushing numbers today for the Fins. Stellar job of our coaches to get away from that basically after the just one drive
This is what baffles the mind they all know it and talk about it yet call a lopsided game every week giving the offense and ultimately the D no support. 9 carries for 12 yards...seriously? Didn't even give it a chance to work..

Miami Rushing

CAR YDS TD LONG
Jay Ajayi 3 6 0 5
Jarvis Landry 1 4 0 4
Lamar Miller 5 2 0 2
TEAM 9 12 0 5