• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer: Tebow should be in NFL

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothered me the most about the Tebow fanatics was that we could all plainly SEE he wasn't an effective QB in the NFL, but they would somehow deny the reality of this every week.

If you're a fan of his, great.....but don't sit here and try to convince the world Tebow is the next great NFL QB when it's clear he's not even good enough to be on the practice squad.

Tebow was a blast to watch in college. It didn't translate to the next level. It happens.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothered me the most about the Tebow fanatics was that we could all plainly SEE he wasn't an effective QB in the NFL, but they would somehow deny the reality of this every week.

If you're a fan of his, great.....but don't sit here and try to convince the world Tebow is the next great NFL QB when it's clear he's not even good enough to be on the practice squad.

Tebow was a blast to watch in college. It didn't translate to the next level. It happens.

OK I effort to stay out of these threads because I know my opinion is in the minority but the bold is just simply not true. If you want to say Tebow wasnt a good dropback QB, he didnt throw a nice ball, his skill set required you to change your offense or whatever then Im fine with all those assessments but the reality is that he was an effective QB. He won games and a division title while going 8-5 in his starts in the 1 year he got a shot to play. He did all this because Denver changed their offense to fit him. Most teams arent willing to do that ( nor should they ). Its not fair to Tebow to say he wasnt effective though because he was. Now all back to the bashing and Ill go away.

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OK I effort to stay out of these threads because I know my opinion is in the minority but the bold is just simply not true. If you want to say Tebow wasnt a good dropback QB, he didnt throw a nice ball, his skill set required you to change your offense or whatever then Im fine with all those assessments but the reality is that he was an effective QB. He won games and a division title while going 8-5 in his starts in the 1 year he got a shot to play. He did all this because Denver changed their offense to fit him. Most teams arent willing to do that ( nor should they ). Its not fair to Tebow to say he wasnt effective though because he was. Now all back to the bashing and Ill go away.

He wasn't. They won with great defense and special teams play. Tebow came up big at the end of games but with even average QB play the rest of the game Denver wins those games easily. I would make a comparison to the Ravens winning with Trent Dilfer but I feel like that's insulting to Dilfer.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all honesty, it's not fair to say he was effective or not effective. 1 season isn't enough. Once teams get more tape they could easily come up with more ways to stop him and then once it was out on how to stop him we don't know if he or his team could adjust. Hell, they might take different aspects of his game more serious.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't. They won with great defense and special teams play. Tebow came up big at the end of games but with even average QB play the rest of the game Denver wins those games easily. I would make a comparison to the Ravens winning with Trent Dilfer but I feel like that's insulting to Dilfer.

Ive had this debate before but whatever. Denvers time of possession increased by 8 minutes per game under Tebow and their D went from the 32nd ranked D through 5 games to a top 10 D the last 11. That happens when your offense doesnt turn the ball over and you arent on the field as much. That is all a direct correlation to the QB. Tebow wasnt the only reason they did that but he most certainly was a part of it. Plus as you stated the guy came up HUGE at the end of games and that is the sign of a winner. Im not going to get into a monster debate on this because its a moot point as people already have their minds set but its still the truth.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, it's not fair to say he was effective or not effective. 1 season isn't enough. Once teams get more tape they could easily come up with more ways to stop him and then once it was out on how to stop him we don't know if he or his team could adjust. Hell, they might take different aspects of his game more serious.

Thats fair. I still believe the guy could have been a solid QB IF it was in a system set to take advantage of what he could do well. We will never know it appears but blatantly dismissing what he did in his one shot as a fluke or something isnt fair to him.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing to point out is that the exact same team Tebow went 8-5 with had gone 3-17 their previous 20 games before he took over. Now either Tebows arrival at starting QB just happened to coincide with one of the biggest one week turnarounds in NFL history OR he had a little something to do with it. I mean come on, lets be at least a LITTLE honest when talking about this subject.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Tebow should be in the NFL. More NFL teams should have chaplains on staff.

Why is a NFL subject on the college board?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive had this debate before but whatever. Denvers time of possession increased by 8 minutes per game under Tebow and their D went from the 32nd ranked D through 5 games to a top 10 D the last 11. That happens when your offense doesnt turn the ball over and you arent on the field as much. That is all a direct correlation to the QB. Tebow wasnt the only reason they did that but he most certainly was a part of it. Plus as you stated the guy came up HUGE at the end of games and that is the sign of a winner. Im not going to get into a monster debate on this because its a moot point as people already have their minds set but its still the truth.

But see this is bullshit. Tebow was completing less than HALF his passes, and was mostly handing the ball off. HE wasn't doing ANYTHING to make that offense go outside of running every now and then. He averaged 123 yards passing per game, 1700 for the year. He threw for 6 TDs ON THE SEASON. His defense held teams under what, 14 points per? All he had to do was score twice.

He wasn't effective as a QB at no point in his NFL career, which is WHY he is no longer in the NFL. Denver wasted NO TIME in dumping him first chance they got.

Last edited by a moderator:

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But see this is bullshit. Tebow was completing less than HALF his passes, and was mostly handing the ball off. HE wasn't doing ANYTHING to make that offense go outside of running every now and then. He averaged 123 yards passing per game, 1700 for the year. He threw for 6 TDs ON THE SEASON. His defense held teams under what, 14 points per? All he had to do was score twice.

He wasn't effective as a QB at no point in his NFL career, which is WHY he is no longer in the NFL. Denver wasted NO TIME in dumping him first chance they got.

He threw for 12 TD's. He had 6 int's and 6 rushing TD's.

Tim Tebow Stats - ESPN

You could also argue that his passing stats weren't that great because he wasn't really given a chance to pass that much. He had an average of 20 attempts per game. Compare that to Rodgers who had an average of 33. If you don't let a guy get in a rhythm or get use to passing, it's hard to be good at it.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Tebow could have worked well in the NFL, but as I've heard numerous times.. you have to build a certain type of team around his skill set in order for him to be effective. This means a complete offensive overhaul. If that's not enough, you need one or two backups that can come in and do what he does... not an easy thing to do.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like urban should stick to college coaching