• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't pretend to know what his intention was initially, but if you look at his twitter page, it sure appears he is taking it personally now.

He originally reported Zach Smith had been arrested. That is not the case. Instead of owning up to the mistake (which may have been an honest one, we don't know because he won't release the police report), he just edited his story to take that part out.

I don't care who you are, that is bullshit.
Wouldn't argue with that.

There's a HUGE leap from saying something is bullshit, to claiming he has a clear agenda, created fake texts (clarky is pretty much the only one on that, but that's where this started for me), and otherwise did more than change one element of the story online.

I said pretty clearly a few times that he's a hack and is possibly guilty of bad journalism if he did make those kinds of changes without publicly notating it.

Again, that's not jumping to a further crazy conspiracy conclusion. I'll wait for facts.

I found it ironic we have some fans up here claiming Urban isn't guilty of lying based off their assumptions of the reporters motives and projecting that the change of one line wasn't all that he did wrong. On the one hand we should give Urban time to let his side be told before making final judgement (Which I have always agreed with), but on the other there's no chance we give the reporter the same time for the story to be complete before making radical charges against him.

I find it entirely ludicrous. Particularly the part where Clark thinks McMurphy fabricated the screen shot of the text message and his proof was because his text app looks different than the one portrayed in the screen grab supposedly from her phone. :L

When people go off the rails with that much stupid, it pretty much makes you ignore everything else they are on about as tinfoil hat type bullshit.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Ohio State's biggest risk in retaining Urban Meyer?
It opens the university up to more scrutiny, given a similar scenario that unfolded in 2011 with former coach Jim Tressel, who was originally suspended for two games before resigning amid the Tattoogate scandal. If Ohio State retains Meyer, detractors will use that as affirmation the university values football over everything else — a fair criticism if Meyer faces no punishment.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't argue with that.

There's a HUGE leap from saying something is bullshit, to claiming he has a clear agenda, created fake texts (clarky is pretty much the only one on that, but that's where this started for me), and otherwise did more than change one element of the story online.

I said pretty clearly a few times that he's a hack and is possibly guilty of bad journalism if he did make those kinds of changes without publicly notating it.

Again, that's not jumping to a further crazy conspiracy conclusion. I'll wait for facts.

I found it ironic we have some fans up here claiming Urban isn't guilty of lying based off their assumptions of the reporters motives and projecting that the change of one line wasn't all that he did wrong. On the one hand we should give Urban time to let his side be told before making final judgement (Which I have always agreed with), but on the other there's no chance we give the reporter the same time for the story to be complete before making radical charges against him.

I find it entirely ludicrous. Particularly the part where Clark thinks McMurphy fabricated the screen shot of the text message and his proof was because his text app looks different than the one portrayed in the screen grab supposedly from her phone. :L

When people go off the rails with that much stupid, it pretty much makes you ignore everything else they are on about as tinfoil hat type bullshit.

He literally went on sportscenter like 8 hours after he posted the story and contradicted himself by saying basically that he really had no direct proof that Meyer did anything wrong.....when his initial reporting claimed he did.

That alone is shady on his end. Considering people ran with his initial report as gospel going for Meyer's head. I guess it's a personal opinion but McMurphy seems like he cant even get his own story straight.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban committed no crimes and appears to have followed to required protocol.
Because he said so in a vanilla PR release?

Oh, that's right. Urban is now innocent because of some message from social media thrown out by some guy that new a guy that met a guy that kind of knows someone on his staff that said some stuff.

I'll wait for the facts to come out before either slamming him for what he did/didn't do, or slamming those that falsely accused him.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He literally went on sportscenter like 8 hours after he posted the story and contradicted himself by saying basically that he really had no direct proof that Meyer did anything wrong.....when his initial reporting claimed he did.

That alone is shady on his end. Considering people ran with his initial report as gospel going for Meyer's head. I guess it's a personal opinion but McMurphy seems like he cant even get his own story straight.
And so far the only thing that has happened is OSU put Meyer on paid administrative leave.

IF there are other false elements of the story and Urban is entirely unfairly being labeled as blindly supporting a woman abuser it will come out and McMurphy will face the music for his errors. There's no chance the social media buzz saw won't turn their focus on him and endlessly and relentlessly be all over him for it.

The social media machine lives for chaos. They ultimately don't care which way their arrows point.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he said so in a vanilla PR release?

Oh, that's right. Urban is now innocent because of some message from social media thrown out by some guy that new a guy that met a guy that kind of knows someone on his staff that said some stuff.

I'll wait for the facts to come out before either slamming him for what he did/didn't do, or slamming those that falsely accused him.

Probably the fairest thing said in 524 posts!!!

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so far the only thing that has happened is OSU put Meyer on paid administrative leave.

IF there are other false elements of the story and Urban is entirely unfairly being labeled as blindly supporting a woman abuser it will come out and McMurphy will face the music for his errors. There's no chance the social media buzz saw won't turn their focus on him and endlessly and relentlessly be all over him for it.

The social media machine lives for chaos. They ultimately don't care which way their arrows point.
It does not matter what the results of the investigation are. I guarantee that even if they have a recording of Brett McMurphy and Courtney Smith conspiring to take Urban down before any of this started, people will still believe it's all Urban's fault.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does not matter what the results of the investigation are. I guarantee that even if they have a recording of Brett McMurphy and Courtney Smith conspiring to take Urban down before any of this started, people will still believe it's all Urban's fault.

You're correct on the people who made a pre-determined assumption of guilt based on McMurphys pretty vague initial report. There is nothing that is going to change their minds, even if that happened. That's why there is no point in arguing with those people. It's all agenda driven and facts do not matter to them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will for sure be people who still believe he's dirty. Like most that thought that before this came up.

There will also be those that defend him and point out these crazy conspiracy theories like clark even if there's strong evidence Meyer failed to address this.

Doesn't matter the outcome, there will be those who don't buy it. No one denies that. Once this was set in motion it created a story that on some level will never die.

All I said is I'll wait until we have the final reports before I go after either side.

I'll raise pitchforks right next to you if McMurphy actually entirely fabricated texts to frame Urban.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about Urban not Smith. Nobody is saying Smith should still have his job.

This is all tied to Smith. Someones in trouble for the guy still being at Ohio State till July 2018. Not legal trouble.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve seen all the media. It says Urban knew of the allegations. I also know you can’t assume the media is fact. And it looks like there’s a lot more to this than we know. There’s a lot of questions on both sides of the spectrum right now. Which is why I’m not jumping the gun either way right now. Too many question marks
So as of this post you weren't ready to jump the gun either way.
I get people don’t like Urban I never have. But I’m not jumping to conclusions based on media. I’m waiting on it until there’s a credible source and concrete information.
Still not looking to jump to conclusions so that's nice.
Whether we like it or not the media is a factor. Especially when people are citing things such as texts supplied by McMurphy as tho they are fact. I just showed you how easy it is to change the context of dupe a text exchange to suit a purpose . I think it’s common sense McMurohy gets a bigger pay day with Meyers name attached.You’re citing the media yourself when in truth no one has anything of substance to report. Other than speculation. Until OSU’s investigation is complete. Or we hear more from an actual court.....Coring his past history is basically saying this is more personal opinion. Rather than the Smiths and what he actually knew. Basically playing jury before an investigation because of pre existing opinion . Which goes back to the witch hunt mentality we have with social media and the media in today’s era .....
And the seeds of throwing out waiting to jump the gun either way have been planted.
Jumping to conclusions about McMurphy's financial motives, which by the way wasn't accurate. He is being paid not to work for ESPN and actually spent his own money traveling to these locations to get interviews and whatnot. So the basis for the beginning of your decent into madness was based off assumptions that weren't valid.
It’s a screen shot using a contact name. In a court of law that would actually be dismissed. Has to be the number without the name. Unless someone not related to the media orthe Other party confirmed it. Anyone could text the same message to someone else and label the contact Zach. McMurphys screen shot also does t have the iPhone time stamps open. So you can’t confirmdate time...Withpuy a large sample size of the conversation it leaves a lot up for interpretation. And we don’t know there weren’t deleted texts in that screenshot. Which can completely change context.seems odd to release and taint something that should be used in an investigation/court. McMurphy is a reporter not an investigator. So you kinda have to question his motives and integritywjenMeyers is a big payday story for him.
So now you are a lawyer attempting to spread what constitutes valid criminal trial evidence as some sort of proof McMurphy has no integrity and again has financial motives to fabricate this part of the story.

Well there goes the whole let's wait and see before we jump the gun on both sides stuff. :pound:

Get your tinfoil hats out and follow along.

I'd assume most reasonably intelligent people understand that a screenshot from courtney isn't anything more than a place holder for the real text chain which would have to be made available to university investigators to be of ANY value at all.

That would be incorrect the text has to be formatted with the number up top. To corroborate it’s the correct person in question. McMurohy used the texts to get readers attention. Urban hasn’t confirmed anything other than he reported anything he knew. How much was McMurphy paid for the “exclusive interview”? Like I said McMurphy is a twitter reporter. Based on the nature of twitter and McMurphy wanting to get paid. I wouldn’t assume anything regarding Meyers to be true. Without the information investigation that’s being conducted now. Through the proper channels.
McMurphy didn't upload the screenshot with the original story. He didn't post it until after Zack denied every harming her and he did so as a rebuttal. In fact, that text really does nothing at all to hurt Meyer's stance on this matter. It would have to have been a text sent to him, or even his wife to mean a thing and it wasn't.

But lol at talking about going through proper channels when all you've done in this thread is try to tear down a mans career with talks of evidence fabrication without waiting for the investigation to be complete.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask the blind homers a question though if I may, and remember I haven't actually come out against Meyer and really won't until it is all complete, but...

What we do know is there were multiple events between Zack and his wife. We know Urban and his wife were involved in the earlier '09 event. We now know because Urban and Zack have verified that Smith was called back to meet with the AD over the allegations of '15. Zack said Urban approached him over it and spoke to him about it.

So why hasn't anyone from the school EVER reached out to Courtney? Unless she isn't being truthful, her claim is not one person at that institution ever asked for her side of the story at any time. Again, not taking what she said as the gospel truth, but if that is the case is it troubling at all that there were several alleged incidents with these two, everyone around the program knew about it, and yet they only talked to Zack himself and not the potential victim? Even if you do think she's a crazy drunk, you still question the crazy drunk before you see if you feel she's just a crazy drunk. No?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as of this post you weren't ready to jump the gun either way.

Still not looking to jump to conclusions so that's nice.

And the seeds of throwing out waiting to jump the gun either way have been planted.
Jumping to conclusions about McMurphy's financial motives, which by the way wasn't accurate. He is being paid not to work for ESPN and actually spent his own money traveling to these locations to get interviews and whatnot. So the basis for the beginning of your decent into madness was based off assumptions that weren't valid.

So now you are a lawyer attempting to spread what constitutes valid criminal trial evidence as some sort of proof McMurphy has no integrity and again has financial motives to fabricate this part of the story.

Well there goes the whole let's wait and see before we jump the gun on both sides stuff. :pound:

Get your tinfoil hats out and follow along.

I'd assume most reasonably intelligent people understand that a screenshot from courtney isn't anything more than a place holder for the real text chain which would have to be made available to university investigators to be of ANY value at all.

McMurphy didn't upload the screenshot with the original story. He didn't post it until after Zack denied every harming her and he did so as a rebuttal. In fact, that text really does nothing at all to hurt Meyer's stance on this matter. It would have to have been a text sent to him, or even his wife to mean a thing and it wasn't.

But lol at talking about going through proper channels when all you've done in this thread is try to tear down a mans career with talks of evidence fabrication without waiting for the investigation to be complete.
Yeah I hope you didnt waste too much time. Im not wasting my time reading anything. From someone who holds Meyers and accountable for lying. And claims a "reporter" who giving false reports is an "event". Double standards. Last time reply when you understand the difference between false reports via social media and an investigation that goes through the proper channels.....Not into kangaroo courts fake news en sech

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I hope you didnt waste too much time. Im not wasting my time reading anything. From someone who holds Meyers and accountable for lying. And claims a "reporter" who giving false reports is an "event". Double standards. Last time reply when you understand the difference between false reports via social media and an investigation that goes through the proper channels.....Not into kangaroo courts fake news en sech

Two weeks of people talking about this in multiple threads will be great.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh:
same old clarky, new football season. Can't stand the heat so you claim in some unreadable broken English that you didn't bother reading it. It's ok, we all know that's your code for time to move on after your ass just got handed to you.

Move along now. You have something else to fuck up somewhere I'm sure.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh:
same old clarky, new football season. Can't stand the heat so you claim in some unreadable broken English that you didn't bother reading it. It's ok, we all know that's your code for time to move on after your ass just got handed to you.

Move along now. You have something else to fuck up somewhere I'm sure.

Is Oregon really faster than Washington? Pretty sure OregonDucks said that.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two weeks of people talking about this in multiple threads will be great.
I agree especially now that McMurphy has been exposed as a fraud. I will say I have to give Meyers credit. Regardless of what happened he put out a statement. McMurphy is ignoring all his false reports that surfaced

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Oregon really faster than Washington? Pretty sure OregonDucks said that.
They sure were under Kelly. They had undersized OL because they wouldn't accept linemen that couldn't RUN full speed to the LOS for the next snap. Couldn't have the typical winded fat pigs that need oxygen between plays.