• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just stupid. If he is proven to have completely fabricated something, there's no chance in hell he ever writes anything ever again. Don't be ignorant.

My guess is Herman knows Meyer follows things by the book at OSU so he wouldn't have anything to worry about in regards to his job security. Pretty simple explanation.

So Snook wouldn’t lie because he’d never write again, but McMurphy would? You can’t have it both ways.

And Herman already said he had nothing to do with it or is Snook saying he did without any source or documentation make it true, while McMurphy is lying if he doesn’t provide source or documentation?!?

This is why I said you have the scarlet glasses on. You want to call out one for no sources or documents and call it lies, while taking an OSU grad’s story as truth, even tough he has no documentation or sources.

Just let it play out. That’s why they are doing the investigation. Thankfully OSU got their head out of their ass and took away the 14 day time limit and said the investigation would be done, once it is completed — as they should have said from day 1. (They said this today)

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully OSU got their head out of their ass and took away the 14 day time limit and said the investigation would be done, once it is completed — as they should have said from day 1. (They said this today)
tenor.gif

Let's drag this on for another 2 weeks and go right up to the start of the season. :L

If it's as easy as Snook/OSU land portray it, be done with it already.

Well, looks like this bitch is going to get pushed to 3k posts after all. :ranger:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t Meyer getting screwed why he had to fake a heart problem and leave Florida?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Let's drag this on for another 2 weeks and go right up to the start of the season. :L

If it's as easy as Snook/OSU land portray it, be done with it already.

Well, looks like this bitch is going to get pushed to 3k posts after all. :ranger:

It was ridiculous to put a time limit on it to begin with. It sucks for OSU’s football team, but Meyer only has himself to blame, as he wouldn’t be suspended if he hadn’t lied and then retracted it.

If Meyer answered the question by saying he followed a protocol from the beginning — he wouldn’t be part of this mess. The longer it goes though, the more it seems to me, at least, that Meyer may not have been as truthful as his PR statement said.

Seems if he followed all protocol — it’d be documented and he’d back at work already, as the paper trail would be easily tracked. Then again, I don’t work in an Athletic Dept, so maybe it is more complex than that?!?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Snook wouldn’t lie because he’d never write again, but McMurphy would? You can’t have it both ways.

And Herman already said he had nothing to do with it or is Snook saying he did without any source or documentation make it true, while McMurphy is lying if he doesn’t provide source or documentation?!?

This is why I said you have the scarlet glasses on. You want to call out one for no sources or documents and call it lies, while taking an OSU grad’s story as truth, even tough he has no documentation or sources.

Just let it play out. That’s why they are doing the investigation. Thankfully OSU got their head out of their ass and took away the 14 day time limit and said the investigation would be done, once it is completed — as they should have said from day 1. (They said this today)
McMurphy has proven to publish things that aren't true so far. He's had to edit his report twice to remove false information. I'm not saying he lied for sure, but so far Snook isn't the one that's had to retract statements.

I've never said Snook's insight on Herman is accurate. In fact, I've said in this thread a couple of times that he needs to come out with it already. In his last story, he said Herman's connection will come out when OSU is done with their investigation, whatever that means.

The fact that they're still investigating when this was initially just a matter of making sure Urban reported something leads me to believe they're probably finding more than they had initially thought they would. Not sure how it affects things, as Meyer should be fine as long as he reported everything, but still pretty interesting.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McMurphy has proven to publish things that aren't true so far. He's had to edit his report twice to remove false information. I'm not saying he lied for sure, but so far Snook isn't the one that's had to retract statements.

I've never said Snook's insight on Herman is accurate. In fact, I've said in this thread a couple of times that he needs to come out with it already. In his last story, he said Herman's connection will come out when OSU is done with their investigation, whatever that means.

The fact that they're still investigating when this was initially just a matter of making sure Urban reported something leads me to believe they're probably finding more than they had initially thought they would. Not sure how it affects things, as Meyer should be fine as long as he reported everything, but still pretty interesting.

Why? Because he edited his report to reflect the edited version of police report Powell PD released the day after his report came out? Powell PD literally stated they had multiple reports, but wouldn’t release anymore.
So no one knows if they do or don’t have a copy where arrested was checked.

Just like with Snook — we have no idea if McMurphy lied. Both continue to talk, yet they don’t document or name sources. It is nothing more than click bait from both of them.

This is why I continue to say — let the investigation play out. You can’t talk about Herman, as if he is the guy who tipped off the investigation, when Snook hasn’t confirmed anything. Same with McMurphy.

The ONLY people who are going to see all the evidence is the investigation group. The rest is nothing more than speculation at best from journalists who want to drive traffic to their FB or whatever article they write. Period.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Question. When is the incident they are checking to see if Urban reported? It's 2015 right? If he (Urban)properly reported it to the school and with all parties knowing about 2009 (previous DV allegation) are they also investigating why Smith was retained after 2015?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure if they were gonna cut ties with Urban it would have happened already. If this shit could be over that would be great. Guessing they are laying out the PR to see how they can maybe somewhat please the torch and pitchfork mob, who will never be pleased with anything short of a firing anyway so who gives a fuck.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question. When is the incident they are checking to see if Urban reported? It's 2015 right? If he (Urban)properly reported it to the school and with all parties knowing about 2009 (previous DV allegation) are they also investigating why Smith was retained after 2015?
If it was just whether or not Urban reported the alleged incident, this should have taken 30 minutes. Instead they are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on something that would have been killed off had Urban not intentionally mislead everyone.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure if they were gonna cut ties with Urban it would have happened already. If this shit could be over that would be great. Guessing they are laying out the PR to see how they can maybe somewhat please the torch and pitchfork mob, who will never be pleased with anything short of a firing anyway so who gives a fuck.

That's my take, and it's hot as fuck.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Because he edited his report to reflect the edited version of police report Powell PD released the day after his report came out? Powell PD literally stated they had multiple reports, but wouldn’t release anymore.
So no one knows if they do or don’t have a copy where arrested was checked.

Just like with Snook — we have no idea if McMurphy lied. Both continue to talk, yet they don’t document or name sources. It is nothing more than click bait from both of them.

This is why I continue to say — let the investigation play out. You can’t talk about Herman, as if he is the guy who tipped off the investigation, when Snook hasn’t confirmed anything. Same with McMurphy.

The ONLY people who are going to see all the evidence is the investigation group. The rest is nothing more than speculation at best from journalists who want to drive traffic to their FB or whatever article they write. Period.
Oh yes, the mysterious report that nobody can verify even exists? Check it out Einstein - if the Powell PD has a report they haven't released, that means he hasn't seen it either, so that doesn't help the argument.

How about when McMurphy said Early Bruce pressured Courtney to drop the charges supposedly, but then edited that part out of his later stories? Also, I don't see Snook desperately trying to talk to random people on Twitter to grab info like McMurphy was doing.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it's about allegations from 2015, just to make sure Urban reported them to satisfy Title IX. There were no charges, and evidently no real evidence anything happened, so that's why he was retained. Smith was flatout told by Urban that if they found evidence of abuse, he would be fired on the spot.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes, the mysterious report that nobody can verify even exists? Check it out Einstein - if the Powell PD has a report they haven't released, that means he hasn't seen it either, so that doesn't help the argument.

How about when McMurphy said Early Bruce pressured Courtney to drop the charges supposedly, but then edited that part out of his later stories? Also, I don't see Snook desperately trying to talk to random people on Twitter to grab info like McMurphy was doing.

Yea the random twitter crap pretty much shows McMurphy is clearly on a witch hunt at this point, he is reaching for literally anything he can.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it's about allegations from 2015, just to make sure Urban reported them to satisfy Title IX. There were no charges, and evidently no real evidence anything happened, so that's why he was retained. Smith was flatout told by Urban that if they found evidence of abuse, he would be fired on the spot.
So Urban knows about 2009 . Smith gets the cops called out on him again in 2015 for basically the same shit. And in 2018 he gets fired for basically the same shit even though he wasn't arrested . And we find he hid a DUI charge from 2013. And you wonder why people have questions as to why he was employed for that long?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you have proof that “Smith was flat out told by Urban that if they found evidence of abuse, he would be fired on the spot”? Where’s that evidence that Smith was told that? It’s your belief that is what was told and you are running with it as fact just like people are saying that Earle Bruce pressured Courtney to drop the lawsuit.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was ridiculous to put a time limit on it to begin with. It sucks for OSU’s football team, but Meyer only has himself to blame, as he wouldn’t be suspended if he hadn’t lied and then retracted it.

If Meyer answered the question by saying he followed a protocol from the beginning — he wouldn’t be part of this mess. The longer it goes though, the more it seems to me, at least, that Meyer may not have been as truthful as his PR statement said.

Seems if he followed all protocol — it’d be documented and he’d back at work already, as the paper trail would be easily tracked. Then again, I don’t work in an Athletic Dept, so maybe it is more complex than that?!?
I wasn't suggesting that not having a time limit on the investigation isn't the best policy, I was just looking forward to an end to this thing and now it's open ended.

There has already been too much speculation passed off as facts or strong likelihoods by pretty much everyone. There is no way you can even infer there must be more going on because he hasn't been returned. He was placed on ice more than being disciplined. The shit storm has been very high and the overall climate in your conference has been toxic with all of the weird scandals plaguing it. Why wouldn't people see a case for overly cautious handling of even the inference of a potential issue?

If I had to make a guess based off what very little we do know I'd say maybe they found the need to follow up on things presented to them when they spoke to Courtney and Zack this week. It was reported Zack is asking for reinstatement. Both are represented by lawyers and who knows what each of them might have threatened to do if their interests weren't being met. As soon as you have lawyers involved things slow way the hell down, whether there's a case or not.

Either way, the delay only frustrates the desire for finality. It in no way suggests or infers there must be more damage to manage IMO.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony in this thread is fucking delicious.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Urban knows about 2009 . Smith gets the cops called out on him again in 2015 for basically the same shit. And in 2018 he gets fired for basically the same shit even though he wasn't arrested . And we find he hid a DUI charge from 2013. And you wonder why people have questions as to why he was employed for that long?
Actually in 2018 he got fired because he attempted to drop their children off at her apartment because she failed to meet at their agreed upon spot, the clubhouse of her apartment complex. By driving to her driveway, she had him on trespassing so he was arrested. Sounding like those charges aren't likely to stick. However, no, he didn't get fired for "basically the same shit".