• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see how Darnold will be successful at the next level.

None of these QBs impress me. Allen a little, but he was innacurate at Wyoming. I'd pass on all of em personally. Take Saquon #1 and have the best backfield in the league.

I tend to agree. Darnold and Rosen I think will be huge busts. The others have a chance, but tough to say who will overcome their warts to make a good NFL QB.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CLE needs to sure up there DST more than adding an RB. ..... what they have between Hyde and Duke is more than suffice. ..... they do need a QB whether it's #1 or #4. ....

I think you are just a tad biased here. LOL.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen has a Ryan Leaf vibe to him, that said i still think he's the number 1 pick his arm talent is off the chart.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen has a Ryan Leaf vibe to him, that said i still think he's the number 1 pick his arm talent is off the chart.

And teams continue to fall for that BS.

Arm talent matters, but it is not nearly as important as decision making skills which I question for both Rosen and Darnold.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And teams continue to fall for that BS.

Arm talent matters, but it is not nearly as important as decision making skills which I question for both Rosen and Darnold.

Thats because he could just as easily be Favre, Cam, or Stafford all great arm talents with questionable decision making skills. The Browns played it safe the last few seasons and passed on some great QBs. This is the best(by far) QB crop since Luck and RG3 if the Browns pass on these guys they deserve their fate.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds a lot like the quarterback debate last year. But now that you've seen them play actual NFL football, would you rather have the guy with the big arm that looks more like a quarterback and had a great combine and pro day (Mitchell Trubisky), or would you rather have the guy that was just better at actual football but whose combine numbers, arm strength, and questionable decision making made him the 3rd quarterback drafted (Deshaun Watson).

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds a lot like the quarterback debate last year. But now that you've seen them play actual NFL football, would you rather have the guy with the big arm that looks more like a quarterback and had a great combine and pro day (Mitchell Trubisky), or would you rather have the guy that was just better at actual football but whose combine numbers, arm strength, and questionable decision making made him the 3rd quarterback drafted (Deshaun Watson).

I would be happy with either guy both the Bears and the Texans needed a QB and their GMs didn't pussyfoot(Like the Browns GM has the last 2 seasons). Anyways its pretty hard to tell who is going to be better after a partial season. Things can change fast in year 2 look at Goff(bust to star) and Dak(star to exposed). The top 3 picks should all be QBs this year and Mayfield should go top 10 too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats because he could just as easily be Favre, Cam, or Stafford all great arm talents with questionable decision making skills. The Browns played it safe the last few seasons and passed on some great QBs. This is the best(by far) QB crop since Luck and RG3 if the Browns pass on these guys they deserve their fate.

That is just it though.

The evidence is there for those who take the time to look objectively. Darnold has a lot of red flags, yet teams continue to ignore them because all they see is upside. I am not saying he can't possibly develop into a good QB, but locking him into #1 overall is beyond foolish. He isn't that good at reading defenses and making decisions under pressure which literally embodies everything a QB needs to do.

Can he learn? Maybe. But I want a sure thing at 1.1 and Darnold ain't it. Neither was Trubisky last year.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good conversation guys.
T mentioned "upside"... pretty sure that is the ficus of most fantasy owners too.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just it though.

The evidence is there for those who take the time to look objectively. Darnold has a lot of red flags, yet teams continue to ignore them because all they see is upside. I am not saying he can't possibly develop into a good QB, but locking him into #1 overall is beyond foolish. He isn't that good at reading defenses and making decisions under pressure which literally embodies everything a QB needs to do.

Can he learn? Maybe. But I want a sure thing at 1.1 and Darnold ain't it. Neither was Trubisky last year.

Personally i think Rosen is as clear a 1.1 guy as it gets, but no one is a sure thing. Foolish is Cleveland continuing to make the same mistake over and over again

Since 2004(1st year without Tim Couch the last QB they used their first pick on) 1st round QBs they've passed on with their first pick to trade back or take a "safer position"
Big Ben
Aaron Rodgers
Jason Campbell
Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Tim Tebow
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Ryan Tannehill
EJ Manuel
Teddy Bridgewater
Carson Wentz
Mark Trubisky
Patrick Mahomes
Deshaun Watson

Instead they got these safer picks
Kellen Winslow II
Braylon Edwards
Alex Mack
Joe Haden
Phil Taylor
Trent Richardson
Barkevious Mingo
Justin Gilbert
Corey Coleman
Myles Garrett

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally i think Rosen is as clear a 1.1 guy as it gets, but no one is a sure thing. Foolish is Cleveland continuing to make the same mistake over and over again

Since 2004(1st year without Tim Couch the last QB they used their first pick on) 1st round QBs they've passed on with their first pick to trade back or take a "safer position"
Big Ben
Aaron Rodgers
Jason Campbell
Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Tim Tebow
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Ryan Tannehill
EJ Manuel
Teddy Bridgewater
Carson Wentz
Mark Trubisky
Patrick Mahomes
Deshaun Watson

Kellen Winslow II
Braylon Edwards
Alex Mack
Joe Haden
Phil Taylor
Trent Richardson
Barkevious Mingo
Justin Gilbert
Corey Coleman
Myles Garrett

The difference is that they actually have a solid veteran QB on their roster right now. Taylor is a game manager capable of winning games and getting them to the playoffs with the right pieces and scheme around him.

If they trade out of 1 and grab the best players available while stockpiling picks they will be a playoff team this year. If they draft Darnold at 1 and he busts, they will probably have to wait another 5 years.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big Ben
Aaron Rodgers
Jason Campbell
Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Tim Tebow
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Ryan Tannehill
EJ Manuel
Teddy Bridgewater
Carson Wentz
Mark Trubisky
Patrick Mahomes
Deshaun Watson

Kellen Winslow II
Braylon Edwards
Alex Mack
Joe Haden
Phil Taylor
Trent Richardson
Barkevious Mingo
Justin Gilbert
Corey Coleman
Myles Garrett

Rosen might not be the 5th best QB in this class. Darnold could be good, but he is high risk. Rosen is going to bust. I would be willing to bet on that.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The speculation on who gets Barkley and what CLE does is looking more and more like the mocks (which are all over the place) .... I'll say NE takes Barkley - just to give them a vote. ..... can't be anymore wrong than anyone else that picks incorrectly. .... :noidea:
I'm more interested in how NE gets high enough to get him, that would have to be a big trade

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more interested in how NE gets high enough to get him, that would have to be a big trade

Nah.

The other 30 teams in front of them will all trade up to take QBs.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Id take Trubiski.

No offense to Watson, but him getting seriously hurt was only a when, to me.

I'd never draft a QB who wins with legs. Not Wilson, not RG3, not Johnny Football. I never take them in Fantasy either. Cam is different. He's huge. But I never take him either.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd never draft a QB who wins with legs. Not Wilson, not RG3, not Johnny Football. I never take them in Fantasy either. Cam is different. He's huge. But I never take him either.

Yes I get that he uses his legs when he has to, but the guy threw 19 touchdowns in 7 games and got hurt on a non-contact injury in practice, so I don't really think him being a running quarterback had much to do with it. I agree with you about not wanting to draft running quarterbacks because I generally don't do that, but I consider Watson a passer that happens to run also, kind of like Aaron Rodgers. Yes I compared him to Aaron Rodgers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Give me Maholmes over both.

But definitely Watson over Trubisky. Even with injury risk factored in.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I get that he uses his legs when he has to, but the guy threw 19 touchdowns in 7 games and got hurt on a non-contact injury in practice, so I don't really think him being a running quarterback had much to do with it. I agree with you about not wanting to draft running quarterbacks because I generally don't do that, but I consider Watson a passer that happens to run also, kind of like Aaron Rodgers. Yes I compared him to Aaron Rodgers.

You are right. Watson is nothing like RG3. Manziel was a pretty obvious bust candidate for reasons that had nothing to do with football and Wilson has turned out pretty dang good.

I actually think Watson is about halfway between Wilson and Rodgers on the running QB spectrum.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have identical opinions on this.