• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are just freaking hilarious. Isn't there some work somewhere for you guys to do? :)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for the singular MBBRL thread for both A & B.... Makes a lot of sense. Because I too once thought this thread was ONLY for the A-leaguers so I rarely participated in the discussions.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the rest of the madness... It's been really difficult to keep up with everything that has been happening these past few weeks, especially when the discussions are scattered through 3-4 different threads. For those of us that are too busy to keep up, we will wait for the dust to settle. But from what I can tell, the issues are settled and everyone knows whats right from wrong moving forward. Looks like Lefty, Treff, & Tlance are working on getting new rules written into the "MBBRL commandments" to resolve any future debates over it.

Hopefully once we can put all this in the rearview mirror all of the MBBRL members resurface. Would hate to see anybody leave over all this, especially when this league has been so much FUN for all of you for many years.

:suds:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the rest of the madness... It's been really difficult to keep up with everything that has been happening these past few weeks, especially when the discussions are scattered through 3-4 different threads. For those of us that are too busy to keep up, we will wait for the dust to settle. But from what I can tell, the issues are settled and everyone knows whats right from wrong moving forward. Looks like Lefty, Treff, & Tlance are working on getting new rules written into the "MBBRL commandments" to resolve any future debates over it.

Hopefully once we can put all this in the rearview mirror all of the MBBRL members resurface. Would hate to see anybody leave over all this, especially when this league has been so much FUN for all of you for many years.

We've got at least 3 biggies yet go, including oblivion, and finding a new commish...but we're getting there

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got at least 3 biggies yet go, including oblivion, and finding a new commish...but we're getting there
Oblivion... Are we talking about changes to it? Or just who gets voted in to fill the vacancies?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I truly am hoping the compilation of all rules, etc into one grand document will put 95% of the issues behind us. Yes, it took a number of hours going through the various thread to extract what seemed to be adequately addressed with no real objections. Actually when you take out all the back and forth stuff, it wasn't all that much to absorb. Painful but in some twisted way entertaining.
Appreciate you hanging in there. .....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this going down the way it has has really depressed me.
I feel burned out.
I hope @Chef99 just needs to step away for a few days. (It helped me a little.)

I know this wasn't a problem in the past, but putting an actual number on it makes sense now.
At this point, I think putting a number on it is overkill. Especially since we just look at a SportsHoopla profile to see when they posted.
Just expressing my view. I'm not opposed.​

Another thing along the lines of no douchey play. ...and it is such an easy fix (change the maximum number of bench players to 5) before next season.
Two things.
1) ESPN does have a FAIR PLAY AND CONDUCT POLICY. Maybe we can just agree to include these bullet points in our constitution? They include collusion, roster dumping, and inactivity.
2) I'm fairly certain that you cannot impose a limit on the bench in ESPN. The bench already has a limit - it's 5. The problem is when a waiver add is made, the new player gets added to the bench. It essentially creates a illegal roster - another thing that ESPN does not police. See the the picture below.​

Example: I added Barkley and dropped starter Rivers for him. Instead of inserting Barkley as the starter, ESPN put him on the bench. And while the bench limit is 5, I now have 6 players on my bench.

15822784_1340944305970179_4180238283447348314_n.jpg

Sadly, perhaps something else that needs to be added to the "rules" which I never thought would be a problem before....

Some sort of affirmation, or agreement, that when someone is voted in to join the MBBRL, that member understands and agrees to abide by the league settings and established bylaws.

In case someone chooses not to follow the link I provided above, here is the unedited version of ESPN's policy on Fair Play and Conduct including their blurb at the bottom:

Fair Play and Conduct

While fantasy football is usually an extremely competitive endeavor, it is important to remember that enjoyment of the game is predicated on a certain level of sportsmanship displayed by the participants. Occasionally, some team owners intentionally or unknowingly cross the line.

FREE STANDARD AND CUSTOM LEAGUE RULES

A: More than one team in the same league

One person can't control more than one team in the same league. If two or more teams in the same league are under the same account, they must be controlled by different people sharing that account, but not sharing the teams. Violation of this will lead to cancellation of the teams and expulsion from the game.

B: Collusive transactions

Collusion occurs when one team makes moves to benefit another team, without trying to improve its own position. One-sided trades are an obvious example of this. Another example is when a player drop is made so another team can pick up that player. Teams found in violation of this policy will be cancelled and their owners prohibited from participating in future ESPN Fantasy Games.

NOTE: Free Standard League members are expected to veto/protest any and all unfair or collusive trades throughout the season. At least 4 votes to protest are needed in a Free Standard League for a trade to be denied.

C: Impeding other owners

Certain transactions made solely to impede other owners is not allowed. Tanking games for the sole purpose of denying another player's chance to make the playoffs is against the rules. In particular, cycling through players in free agency to put them on waivers and make them unavailable to other teams in your league is strictly prohibited and is grounds for expulsion from the game.

D: Roster Dumping

Owners that are found to have dumped their players to the player pool in an attempt to undermine the league may be subject to expulsion from the game. If you are giving up on the season, we ask that you maintain league strength by providing the other owners with the most competitive team you are able to field.

E: Owner interaction

Owners should always be polite and gracious when dealing with one another. Threats and obscenities are not only against the Rules, they are illegal in many jurisdictions. Owners that are found to have sent threatening email to another owner will be warned and/or kicked out of the game completely. This extends to message board posts as well.

F: Offensive posts, league or team names

Any posts (including league and team names) of a derogatory nature are strictly prohibited, whether it is in a chat room, message board or on a league's bulletin board. This includes personal attacks and sexist or racist remarks. There will be a zero tolerance level.

G: Inactivity

In order to maintain the integrity of the league, the commissioner may contact owners of teams that remain inactive for extended periods of time. The commissioner will send notification to the email of record. Shortly thereafter, if the team remains inactive, the commissioner reserves the right to reassign ownership of the inactive team.

REMEMBER:
The game is for fun! Creating confrontation in your league inevitably leads to a bad game experience for all involved. Play hard, but play fair!

Last edited:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) I'm fairly certain that you cannot impose a limit on the bench in ESPN. The bench already has a limit - it's 5. The problem is when a waiver add is made, the new player gets added to the bench. It essentially creates a illegal roster - another thing that ESPN does not police. See the the picture below.​

Joe is correct. I just went into my league that I am the commissioner in and you can't put a maximum on bench limit. So, I guess we will just have to say that you must have someone at each position in your starting lineup. I feel like it's ridiculous that I even have to type this by the way.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thread to rule them all, one thread to find them, one thread to bring them all, and in the darkness, bind them
We must know where to destroy it then if it is this powerful

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we all have to ask if the drama is worth the enjoyment of these leagues. But we also have to remember that sometimes the drama is needed to fix things.
bingo, i got enough drama right now to even step into this

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we all have to ask if the drama is worth the enjoyment of these leagues. But we also have to remember that sometimes the drama is needed to fix things.
This was the first explosion in 6 seasons.
It will get worked out.