• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now you peaked my curiosity Chef. Why should just the worst record be relegated instead of factoring in record, points, and breakdown. Is just plain record a better indicator to you of the worst teams in the league or do you just not think the two worst teams should be the ones relegated?

In a head to head setting, record should be the barometer. Injuries and other factors are all part of the deal.

Is there such a thing as roto football? Maybe we should try that.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Rammy, you're off to a good start. No singing about Amari this week. ;)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Joe, that particular "epic" rule is bullshit, imo.

However, that is just my opinion. ;)
But sucks in the standings is a somewhat relative term. which standings are we talking about? Cuz, if it's points scored, Joe is better than 5 other teams, and if he outscores TKO by 2 measly points, make it 6.

I truly feel the power rankings are by far and way the fairest way to determine the best to worst teams...mitigating the effects of a bad luck schedule or a good luck schedule, taking into account consistency all year with total points,all while not destroying the impact of actual wins and losses.
And if there were ever a serous discussion to change it, I'd push a lot harder for total points to be used rather than record

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a head to head setting, record should be the barometer. Injuries and other factors are all part of the deal.

Is there such a thing as roto football? Maybe we should try that.
There is, its based on total points...usually

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the balance of all three to determine who moves up or down. The league itself comes down to H2H, and the ultimate goal is to win the championship determined by H2H. When discussing who moves up and down why should a team that got lucky or unlucky all year with their schedule be rewarded or punished for something out of their control.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win/Loss record, Treff. That's all that counts.

I'm not trying to make a thing about this. Wouldn't even have paid attention to it except for Milk's comment.

I'm just sayin', head to head, mano a mano. No participation trophies.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the balance of all three to determine who moves up or down. The league itself comes down to H2H, and the ultimate goal is to win the championship determined by H2H. When discussing who moves up and down why should a team that got lucky or unlucky all year with their schedule be rewarded or punished for something out of their control.

So the schedule is the cause of all woes? No one can take control of their team and do what they can to change something "out of their control"?

Nope. I don't buy it.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the schedule is the cause of all woes? No one can take control of their team and do what they can to change something "out of their control"?

Nope. I don't buy it.

There is no defense in FF. If player A loses 132-137 and player B wins 82-79, I look at it as player A was unlucky in the schedule. You want the best team moving up and the worst teams moving down, so a combination of W/L, total points and power gives you the best team. But you also have the team in B that wins the championship moving up. And the ultimate goal in season is not moving up or down it is to win as many games as you can.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no defense in FF. If player A loses 132-137 and player B wins 82-79, I look at it as player A was unlucky in the schedule. You want the best team moving up and the worst teams moving down, so a combination of W/L, total points and power gives you the best team. But you also have the team in B that wins the championship moving up. And the ultimate goal in season is not moving up or down it is to win as many games as you can.

Perfect response!

If I were actually playing against you head to head and could impact your performance, than win/loss record would be sufficient. Since nothing I can do will make your score better or worse, than win/loss record is almost arbitrary. A quick glance at the standings proves that.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Chef99
I was only joking when I said "How dare you, sir."
Guys, Chef is entitled to his opinion.
I'm sure he realizes this is the way the league is run.
He is the most generous giver of "cake" among us.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear ESPN,

Your fantasy scoring is terrible. Tyreek Hill fumbled while on special teams. Yet he gets -2 for the fumble. However, Tyreek Hill also scored a TD while on special teams. Bupkis in the fantasy scoring column.

If a player fumbles on special teams, then penalize the special teams unit. Not the player.

Or if you want to penalize the player for what he does on special teams (fumbling), then you should reward said player when he scores.

Idiots.

Hence why I like IDP over DST. .... then it is always an individual's performance - good or bad.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Chef99 alot of game left... trying to finish this season off with a W