• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEEK 13 STANDINGS

2016_MBBRL_WEEK_13.jpg

Notes from the A league

So you guys decided to make it interesting. Things really got turned upside down with the results last week as the only two teams with playoff hopes that won were Tlance and Bandit as Treff lost to Tlance thanks to that awesome performance by Drew Brees. TKO lost on a Monday Night miracle to Milk and both Chef and Steelers lost their games. So as of right now, here is where we sit:

#1 Chef 9-4 Four straight losses and still holding on to the #1 seed
#2 Treff 8-5 Has the division lead right now and holds the breakdown tie-breaker over TKO
#3 TKO 8-5 Has the division tie-breaker over Bandit
#4 Steelers 8-5 Has the breakdown tie-breaker over Bandit
#5 Bandit 8-5
#6 Tlance 7-6

Lefty, Fuzzy, Milk, Joe, Face, and Ram have all been eliminated

Athos division

This one is simple. Treff wins the division with a win or tie or a Tlance loss. Tlance needs to win and have Treff lose to win the division. Because of all the losses last week though, Tlance has another way in. If both Steelers and Bandit lose and Tlance wins, he would be the wild card because of the better breakdown record.

Porthos division

TKO and Bandit are tied but Bandit is one game back in division record which means the only way Bandit can win the division is if TKO loses or ties and he wins. If both lose or both win, TKO wins the division based on division record. If TKO loses the division his wild card prospects are slim because of his deficit in breakdown record to the other contenders. Bandit on the other hand with the strong performance last week in breakdown now has a chance at the wild card even if he doesn't win the division. There are lots of scenarios to get him in, but let's just say if he doesn't win the division he must have the best breakdown record of everybody else.

Aramis division

Chef and Steelers really clouded everything up with their losses last week. Chef is still clinging to his one game lead and the #1 seed. Chef clinches the division with a win or tie. Steelers must win and have Chef lose in order to win the division. Both are still alive for a wild card spot, but one of them could miss the playoffs. Get this, Chef could go from the #1 seed the week before the playoffs start to completely out of the playoffs if he loses, Steelers wins, TKO wins, and Bandit wins but passes him in breakdown which would make Steelers the winner of their division, TKO the winner of the Porthos division, and Bandit the wild card to go along with the winner of the Athos division. I'm not sure I've ever been in a league that a team with the #1 seed the week before the playoffs could be out of the playoffs the next week, but welcome to the MBBRL. Now that is parity (shout out to Joe for correcting that word earlier this year so I know the correct spelling now).

Relegation Station

Lefty power ranking 5.5
Ram power ranking 7.5
Milk power ranking 9.5

It's pretty much between these three at this point. Ram helped his cause with the best score last week and so did Milk with his win. As far as I can tell, Lefty needs to win and outscore Milk by at least 15 points to have a chance to be saved because neither he or Milk are catching anybody else in breakdown or points. Ram can catch some other people in breakdown, but a win would help his cause the most, because I don't think he can catch anybody else in points.

So there you have it. One week before the end of the regular season and nobody has even clinched a playoff birth in the A league as six teams battle it out to the end.

Notes from the B League

The B league is much less complicated as several things were clinched last week. Harold, who has a golden horseshoe up his ass this year clinched the Huns division and either the #1 or the #2 seed with his win last week. Shady clinched the Visogoths division and either the #2 or #3 seed with his win and Monkey's loss. Cheesehead clinched a playoff birth even though he lost but hasn't clinched the division yet. And the wild card will either be OBX or Barilko. This is how we stand right now:

#1 Harold 10-3
#2 Cheesehead 9-4
#3 Shady 8-5
#4 OBX 8-5 better breakdown record than everybody on the planet
#5 Barilko 7-6 2nd best breakdown record on the planet

Monkey, Foot, Smitty, Micro, Sam, BK, and Stomp have all been eliminated.

Visogoths division

With Shady's win last week and Monkey's loss, Shady has clinched the division at 8-5. The last week of games will just be for fun. Shady is tied for 4th in breakdown and has the 4th most points as well.

Ostrogoths division

With Barilko's win over Cheesehead and OBX's win over Micro, all three teams are still alive for a playoff birth. Barilko scored the most points last week which was huge because he gained 3 games in breakdown on OBX to at least give him an outside shot at the breakdown title. Neither OBX or Barilko really deserves to not be in the playoffs but sometimes in fantasy, things just aren't fair. Cheesehead clinches the division with a win or tie against OBX this week. OBX clinches the division if he beat Cheesehead this week, but Cheesehead would be the wild card. If Cheesehead wins and Barilko wins, Barilko would overtake OBX for the wild card but only if he catches him in breakdown.

Huns division

Harold clinched the division with his win last week to move to 10-3 and currently hold the #1 seed. He is 10-3 with a breakdown record of 60-83. Do you guys have any idea how much that defies the odds? For all intensive purposes, he should be either 5-8 or at best 6-7 with that breakdown record and he's at least four games better than that. It's crazy. Regardless, he can clinch the #1 overall seed with a win or a loss by Cheesehead and remember, the #1 seed is important, not only because you get to pick your opponent, but because if the breakdown winner is also the Super Bowl Champion, the #1 seed would move up to the A league with them because they are next in line.

Golden ticket to the A league (Breakdown champion)

OBX 112-30-1
Barilko 106-37

I'm just going to say it now, whichever of these teams doesn't make the playoffs gets my nomination for greatest MBBRL team to not make the playoffs. You have both had unbelievable seasons and it's a shame one of you won't make it. Those breakdown records are ridiculous. Tlance has the best breakdown record in the A league and he would be 19 games behind Barilko. And points wise you guys are 179 points clear of 3rd place in the B league and 76 points clear of Tlance's high point total in the A league.

With that being said, the B league might be the most top heavy league I've ever seen, especially a league with such an overall high quality of fantasy players. There are only four teams with a winning breakdown record (OBX, Barilko, Shady, and Cheesehead) and nobody else is even within 8 games of .500. As a contrast, in the A league 7 teams have a winning breakdown record with one only being one game under .500, which is exactly why nothing has been clinched there yet because it is so close.

Possible oblivion and death

Micro 3.5 power ranking
Stomp 9 power ranking
Smitty 9.5 power ranking

Good luck to everybody this week in all your leagues as I know this league is a lot of fun, but it's also nice to make some money.
I too have a question
We use breakdown for wildcard
But what if I win and OBX looses
I'm ahead of him in the standings via division tiebreak
Thus a 3rd place team would get the wildcard over a second place team.

I know we use breakdown across divisions for wildcard but are we sure we use it inside a division

Hey I have to ask

Or better yet we promote 3 seeing both breakdowns top all of A. :suds:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the first team to 1400 points against in either league!
Do I win anything?

I have fired my defensive coordinator 3 times this season.

One more week, Joe! You know what they say about breaking tradition around the holidays? ...me neither, but there should be something in there about in-laws, or burnt turkey, or some consequence... beyond ending my football life. ;)

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too have a question
We use breakdown for wildcard
But what if I win and OBX looses
I'm ahead of him in the standings via division tiebreak
Thus a 3rd place team would get the wildcard over a second place team.

I know we use breakdown across divisions for wildcard but are we sure we use it inside a division

Hey I have to ask

Or better yet we promote 3 seeing both breakdowns top all of A. :suds:

Yes, we use breakdown record only regardless of whether or not you are in the same division, division record only applies to the division champion, not the wild card. In fact, I will post the official MBBRL playoff team rules so we can all refer back to this if we need to. When I'm done with this I will also post the last official rules that we are currently playing under and add some of the things we tweaked such as the draft order, that way it will all be on one pretty page and easy to refer back to.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff rules

**The three division winners will automatically make the playoffs and the non-division winner with the best record (wild card team). Whoever the #1 overall seed is will have their choice of which of the other playoff teams they wish to play the first week of the playoffs. That decision must be made by Wednesday at 9:00pm the week of the first round of the playoffs. The first week of the playoffs (week 15) the #1 seed plays his choice and the other two teams play against each other with the winners facing each other in the championship game (week 16).

Tie-Breakers

**Winner of the division ties are always broken first and if two teams are tied for the division lead the tiebreaker is division record first (since they play the same schedule), then breakdown record, then points for.

**Wild card ties no matter how many teams are involved and whether or not they are in the same division go by breakdown record first, then points for.

**Ties for the #1 seed in the playoffs will be determined using the same method as the wild card ties. So if there is a tie for the best record, the team with the best breakdown record will be the #1 seed. The #2 and #3 seeds don't really matter since only the #1 seed gets to choose his opponent.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MBBRL Rules
  • First, don't abandon your team
  • Second, keep posting
  • Third, no douchey plays. We're all supposed to be good players beating each other straight-up. If you wonder about a move, ask.
  • Fourth, you must at all times have a full roster that includes at least one quarterback, two running backs, two wide receivers, one flex, one tight end, one kicker, and one team defense. You are allowed to leave a player in that is on bye or injured, but you must always have nine players in your starting lineup with a maximum of five bench players.
Trades are always allowed (well, except draft pick trades).

Relegation

In normal circumstances, two teams will move up from the B league to the A league and two teams will move down from the A league to the B league. Teams moving down will be determined by power rankings. In the event of a tie, head-to-head will be the first tie-breaker (because technically overall record, breakdown, and points are already part of the power rankings), breakdown record will be the second tie-breaker, total points the third tie-breaker, and overall record the fourth tie-breaker.

The two teams moving up from the B League will go according to these criteria:

1. Champion
2. Regular season breakdown leader
3. #1 seed for the playoffs
4. Regular season power rankings leader
5. Regular season points leader

If the B League champion meets all the other criteria, only a single team moves up (and only a single team moves down). Otherwise, the other B League team with the top-most criterion also moves up.

To Spice Things Up

If in the regular season the B league outscores the A league by more than 168 FF points (one point per team per week), FOUR teams move instead of two. If that happens and the B League criteria above doesn't provide four teams, we'll use playoff seeding for the rest.

Oblivion

The bottom two B League Teams according to power rankings followed by the same tie-breakers as relegation will be sent out into Oblivion to make room for some new blood. However, at the beginning of the next season they are free to ask to be nominated to return to the B league along with any other possible new members. A vote of the remaining 22 MBBRL members will be used to determine the last two teams to join the B league

The draft

A random drawing will take place to determine the order that each team gets to pick their draft spot. For instance whoever draws #1 gets to choose what draft spot they would like first. Whoever draws #2 gets to choose what draft spot they would like second, and so on and so forth until whoever draws #12 gets whatever spot is left. Divisions will be determined by the draft spot chosen. Division A will be draft spots #1, #4, #7, and #10. Division B will be draft spots #2, #5, #8, and #11. Division C will be draft spots #3, #6, #9, and #12. No trading of draft spots or draft picks is allowed.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF I added #4 for you to the MBBRL rules sheet for you. Check the rest of this and make sure that it is correct to what we currently have in place. I kind of took three or four different threads to come up with this. The rules come from the ones that Wil posted in 2014, but they are all still pretty much the same. I added the draft part just so it's all in one place.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF I added #4 for you to the MBBRL rules sheet for you. Check the rest of this and make sure that it is correct to what we currently have in place. I kind of took three or four different threads to come up with this. The rules come from the ones that Wil posted in 2014, but they are all still pretty much the same. I added the draft part just so it's all in one place.
All looks good to me bandit,

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:cheer2:

Gimme a B, gimme an A, gimme an N, gimme a D, gimme an I, gimme a T

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - I'll give my spots in 'A' Suicide & Coma to Bandit so you guys can be rid of me completely. .... not sour grapes just kind of feel it's the right thing to do. .... no reason he should be in the Barbarian version of either. Changing of the guard thing. ....

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - I'll give my spots in 'A' Suicide & Coma to Bandit so you guys can be rid of me completely. .... not sour grapes just kind of feel it's the right thing to do. .... no reason he should be in the Barbarian version of either. Changing of the guard thing. ....

Actually that's probably not the best idea because I'm definitely not doing Coma next year and I'm still on the fence of doing the suicide league again. Besides you have like the greatest suicide team ever right now, so you have to defend your crown if you win.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have fired my defensive coordinator 3 times this season.

Joe, it looks like Fangio will be available.

According to the Chicago Tribune's Mike Mulligan, John Fox will return for a third season as the Bears' coach in 2017.

After going 6-10 in his first season with Chicago, Fox has guided the Bears to a 3-9 mark through 12 games this year. The loss of OC Adam Gase has been substantial, and the promotion of QBs coach Dowell Loggains hasn't panned out. But according to Mulligan, word is Bears DC Vic Fangio is the one who won't be back. Fangio is probably the Bears' best coach on their entire staff, and the defensive issues have mostly been due to a lack of talent in the secondary and a rash of injuries in the front-seven. Fox is unlikely to turn this thing around in Chicago.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'know, I just can't help dicking around. If I just stayed the course (my season game plan), I'd be fine.

Haha, I cannot change my stripes. Although, I finally got rid of those nehrus tucked away in the closet. :)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh @SteelersPride , you naughty naughty boy! :nono::nono::nono:

popeye-baby-why-i-oughta.jpg

Going Christmas shopping for a coupla hours, then we shall continue this!

tumblr_lqjzifdg0Y1r28lafo1_500.gif

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Curly reference gets you a Winner. ....