• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think just sharing the link gives anyone visible access to every piece of the league, they just can't make any moves. Many people have posted leagues for ESPN on here and CBS boards and I've always been able to check all the teams, league settings, scoring, whatever

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Blast from the Past - The Golden Mountain Saga .....

Preface: Before reading, some background is required for those unfamiliar with the MBBRL history. The MBBRL was the brain-child of Wilwhite following the coming together of a number of fantasy football nuts on the now defunct CBS message board. We basically never let a season end by continually posting and offering advise to anyone who would listen year-round - much like now on SportsHoopla. Anyway, early on, a brash young man making bold and off the wall predictions joined in the discussions, often inferring that he knew all and to disagree or counterpoint was futile. To his credit, in recent years, he has toned it down considerably and now is a valued member. Anyway, this was generated at the peak of his self-proclaimed greatness several years ago. ........

The Golden Mountain saga - Part 1 started by Wilwhite ......

Ah, yes, I remember - we were just a rag-tag bunch of young good-for-nothings united by the common call... let us brave the elements and try to reach the monastery, in the clouded and awe-inspiring heights of the Golden Mountain, there - if worthy - to spend years sleeping on stone floors and eating nothing but wild grass, to bend our whole being into the singular pursuit of knowledge, to be permitted to kneel at the throne of The Foot and hear his terrible and mystifying koans. I remember young Lefty daring to say, "But Master, is it not better to have a mighty QB whose path is known, and who will surely score more points?" and Foot fixing his milky gaze upon the trembling Lefty and saying, "Your words betray everything you have still not understood, young acolyte. Is not one handful of oats lost in the recesses of an abandoned farmhouse worth more than a thousand sacks of gold in your grasp?"

And after these many years, we are still blind, o Foot, blind to your brilliance, and uncomprehending of your rankings.

---------------------
And the saga continued .... by Leftypower.

And it came to pass, that young Lefty, stunned by the sharp words, descended from the Golden Mountain, where Master Foot sits upon his throne amusing himself with delusions of grandeur. It was along the forbidden trail, that a bewildered Lefty came upon 10 great men who were governors, each of their own fantasy kingdoms. After much discussion and sharing of thoughts, they asked him to join them in an alliance of knowledge, one to be known far and wide as Keepers of the Flame. Among the great men were; Wil of White, Sam of Sports, Fuzzy of Yellow, Doug of Beer, Dub of Cheese, Scape of Goat. There was also a well-bread and learned commoner, known simply as Joe the Average who knew of all things mathematical in the fantasy world.
During their quest for greater knowledge, the 11 came upon 4 learned Barbarians who were seeking safe haven on the Golden Mountain. They are known as; Ram the Tuff, Hawk the Prophet, Smoker of Monkeys, and Dog of Strange Avatar. The 11 were taken aback by the opinions and thoughts of the 4, and made offer for them to join in their quest.

The 11 and 4 then wondered through internet valleys, printed words, and the teaching of rival Masters. They came to stay with the Masters known as Dave & Jamey, Rotoworld, Yoda (John of Paulsen), Bruno of Boys, and several others, in a secret cave near the base of the mountain. It was there that they drank spirits, ate, and discussed all things fantasy for 40 days and 40 nights in secret rituals. It is believed that the meetings went unbeknown to Master Foot, as he was performing his own ritual writing “I am a fantasy God - I know all and see all” over and over for the same 40 days and nights.
Having learned many things during their stay with the rival Masters, the 11 and 4 went forth to assemble their armies for battle. On the day of reckoning, the 11 and 4 did assembled great armies, using the knowledge of the rival Masters and their new forged alliance. Lo, Master Foot was not impressed as the 11 allowed Sir Joe of Flacco to join his allegiance in the 2nd round, and Journeyman Ryan of Tannehill later on the same day. But alas, Master Foot was blinded by his own glow, and could not see that although the two possess golden arms, there was no one worthy to receive their gifts.

It then came to pass, on the 5th day of the 9th month, the 11 began their assent to the top of the Golden Mountain. The 4 went on to wage their own battle with other barbarians seeking to ascend from the low lands to a rocky cliff on the mountain. The 11 fought long and hard among themselves in preparation for the given week when they would be face to face with Master Foot. 12 epic battles raged on different fronts for 16 full weeks, and then peace settled over the lands for a brief period. Master Foot was conquered and banished from the mountain.
It is said, the once proud Master Foot has been seen in tattered "I am the greatest" clothing, making effort to lord over Barbarians in a desert far south of the majestic Golden Mountain. His kingdom has since dwindled to a few family members and several local podiatrists. Episode IV - The End.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we need a commissioner for both leagues, or just the B league? In any event, if Treff is not going to be involved, I nominate Bandit.

Absolutely outstanding work ethic, knowledge and dedication, imo.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bow my head in modesty, and shame!

I would like to add just two things if I may.

First, it's not a great excuse but an excuse none the less. Prior to the year this was taking place I had only played fantasy football for three years and each year I had amazing success destroying the league that I played all three years in a row winning two titles and just missing a third by like 2 points.

Looking back it could have very well just been dumb luck but I made some crazy calls and everything always seemed to go my way. Still not a great excuse for acting a fool, but it gave me a huge head, which has since been leveled after meeting and playing against what I consider the best fantasy football minds ever assembled. The so called REAL payed experts can't hold your guys jock straps.

The old phrase act like you have been there before should have come to mind when looking back at my behavior. Still I received a great chuckle after reading this what is really a great talent possessed by both the legendary Lefty and Wil. Actually all you guys can flat out write!!

Second, I feel that I played a major role in starting and building what we now know as the MBBRL and I am very proud that. I thoroughly enjoy talking with you all and even though none of us have met face to face except for maybe treff and fuzzy I think if I ever were to see one of you guys I'd first give you a big hug and it wouldn't matter what you look like, I'd still consider you a brother, and that goes for all of you.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea, Chef! Except that his work ethic, knowledge and dedication carried him into the A league.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bow my head in modesty, and shame!

I would like to add just two things if I may.

First, it's not a great excuse but an excuse none the less. Prior to the year this was taking place I had only played fantasy football for three years and each year I had amazing success destroying the league that I played all three years in a row winning two titles and just missing a third by like 2 points.

Looking back it could have very well just been dumb luck but I made some crazy calls and everything always seemed to go my way. Still not a great excuse for acting a fool, but it gave me a huge head, which has since been leveled after meeting and playing against what I consider the best fantasy football minds ever assembled. The so called REAL payed experts can't hold your guys jock straps.

The old phrase act like you have been there before should have come to mind when looking back at my behavior. Still I received a great chuckle after reading this what is really a great talent possessed by both the legendary Lefty and Wil. Actually all you guys can flat out write!!

Second, I feel that I played a major role in starting and building what we now know as the MBBRL and I am very proud that. I thoroughly enjoy talking with you all and even though none of us have met face to face except for maybe treff and fuzzy I think if I ever were to see one of you guys I'd first give you a big hug and it wouldn't matter what you look like, I'd still consider you a brother, and that goes for all of you.

I ain't hugging you quite yet..but you've gotten much much better..have a beer instead:suds:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea, Chef! Except that his work ethic, knowledge and dedication carried him into the A league.

Ha, understood. I was referring to overall commissioner, as Treff has alluded to me that he may not be taking the mantle. You could always end the speculation and just resume control yourself, y'know...Just sayin'. :whistle:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized..and this is after I've read that awesome passage more than a few times..I'm not mentioned in once. Guess that could be a good thing, least I'm not spoken of in the way that Foot is :yahoo:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, understood. I was referring to overall commissioner, as Treff has alluded to me that he may not be taking the mantle. You could always end the speculation and just resume control yourself, y'know...Just sayin'. :whistle:

yea, like I mentioned, I'm fine if I happen to be charged with that duty, I'll do it with pleasure. But I guess my feeling is that if there is to be no drone, there's really no reason for someone "outside" the league, as in not one of the 12 owners, to be the guy in charge of it. So I leave it to you guys, and by all means keep me in mind as an option.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized..and this is after I've read that awesome passage more than a few times..I'm not mentioned in once.

Lol, you're lucky Treff that you were not mentioned not once, how do you think i feel the whole darn thing is about me!! Well, at least my narcissistic side is happy even though it's not a compliment, lol!

A beer would be great as long as I could pay for it. Maybe once a got a few beers in you I could finally get that hug, lol.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you defecting? Add one for Barilko!

Anyway, the changes to the A League should be:

- Bandit and Barilko move up

- Monkey and Duff would have moved down but are saved by the departures of Scape and ww.

- So in practice, Bandit and Barilko replace Scape and ww.

The B League still has:
Micro
JDM
HaroldSeattle
Foot
Chef
Milk
Sox
dblake
TK

I don't think a drone will be necessary, so there are three slots available in the B league. Possibly more: dblake and TK left their teams to the wind a little last year, which is kind of a no-no, so replacing them with more dedicated participants could be on the table.

I suggest one of the B teams (Milk?) make an A league owner a co-owner of his team, and vice versa, so at least somebody can see across leagues. Then there's really no need for a drone.

And thanks for the props, guys.

Besides dblake and Tk, a few more questions...JDM? Sox? You guys out there?

Harold, I know you are...don't know if I missed a post, are you still in?

I'm sure you are aware that is a plethora of players champing at the bit to become...

...a Barbarian! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Blast from the Past - The Golden Mountain Saga .....

Preface: Before reading, some background is required for those unfamiliar with the MBBRL history. The MBBRL was the brain-child of Wilwhite following the coming together of a number of fantasy football nuts on the now defunct CBS message board. We basically never let a season end by continually posting and offering advise to anyone who would listen year-round - much like now on SportsHoopla. Anyway, early on, a brash young man making bold and off the wall predictions joined in the discussions, often inferring that he knew all and to disagree or counterpoint was futile. To his credit, in recent years, he has toned it down considerably and now is a valued member. Anyway, this was generated at the peak of his self-proclaimed greatness several years ago. ........

The Golden Mountain saga - Part 1 started by Wilwhite ......

Ah, yes, I remember - we were just a rag-tag bunch of young good-for-nothings united by the common call... let us brave the elements and try to reach the monastery, in the clouded and awe-inspiring heights of the Golden Mountain, there - if worthy - to spend years sleeping on stone floors and eating nothing but wild grass, to bend our whole being into the singular pursuit of knowledge, to be permitted to kneel at the throne of The Foot and hear his terrible and mystifying koans. I remember young Lefty daring to say, "But Master, is it not better to have a mighty QB whose path is known, and who will surely score more points?" and Foot fixing his milky gaze upon the trembling Lefty and saying, "Your words betray everything you have still not understood, young acolyte. Is not one handful of oats lost in the recesses of an abandoned farmhouse worth more than a thousand sacks of gold in your grasp?"

And after these many years, we are still blind, o Foot, blind to your brilliance, and uncomprehending of your rankings.

---------------------
And the saga continued .... by Leftypower.

And it came to pass, that young Lefty, stunned by the sharp words, descended from the Golden Mountain, where Master Foot sits upon his throne amusing himself with delusions of grandeur. It was along the forbidden trail, that a bewildered Lefty came upon 10 great men who were governors, each of their own fantasy kingdoms. After much discussion and sharing of thoughts, they asked him to join them in an alliance of knowledge, one to be known far and wide as Keepers of the Flame. Among the great men were; Wil of White, Sam of Sports, Fuzzy of Yellow, Doug of Beer, Dub of Cheese, Scape of Goat. There was also a well-bread and learned commoner, known simply as Joe the Average who knew of all things mathematical in the fantasy world.
During their quest for greater knowledge, the 11 came upon 4 learned Barbarians who were seeking safe haven on the Golden Mountain. They are known as; Ram the Tuff, Hawk the Prophet, Smoker of Monkeys, and Dog of Strange Avatar. The 11 were taken aback by the opinions and thoughts of the 4, and made offer for them to join in their quest.

The 11 and 4 then wondered through internet valleys, printed words, and the teaching of rival Masters. They came to stay with the Masters known as Dave & Jamey, Rotoworld, Yoda (John of Paulsen), Bruno of Boys, and several others, in a secret cave near the base of the mountain. It was there that they drank spirits, ate, and discussed all things fantasy for 40 days and 40 nights in secret rituals. It is believed that the meetings went unbeknown to Master Foot, as he was performing his own ritual writing “I am a fantasy God - I know all and see all” over and over for the same 40 days and nights.
Having learned many things during their stay with the rival Masters, the 11 and 4 went forth to assemble their armies for battle. On the day of reckoning, the 11 and 4 did assembled great armies, using the knowledge of the rival Masters and their new forged alliance. Lo, Master Foot was not impressed as the 11 allowed Sir Joe of Flacco to join his allegiance in the 2nd round, and Journeyman Ryan of Tannehill later on the same day. But alas, Master Foot was blinded by his own glow, and could not see that although the two possess golden arms, there was no one worthy to receive their gifts.

It then came to pass, on the 5th day of the 9th month, the 11 began their assent to the top of the Golden Mountain. The 4 went on to wage their own battle with other barbarians seeking to ascend from the low lands to a rocky cliff on the mountain. The 11 fought long and hard among themselves in preparation for the given week when they would be face to face with Master Foot. 12 epic battles raged on different fronts for 16 full weeks, and then peace settled over the lands for a brief period. Master Foot was conquered and banished from the mountain.
It is said, the once proud Master Foot has been seen in tattered "I am the greatest" clothing, making effort to lord over Barbarians in a desert far south of the majestic Golden Mountain. His kingdom has since dwindled to a few family members and several local podiatrists. Episode IV - The End.

Everytime I read this this is who comes to mind..................

pai-mei1.jpg

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here he is training with Foot................."When picking at the back end of a 12 teamer, you must always defend yourself, Foothopper".

images

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what made me laugh more..Foothopper, or the subtle insinuation that Foot is a chick. BTW, Uma Thurman is easily better looking

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Treff, Sam sees me as the Trainer so in essence I guess he is calling Wil the chick.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh wait I just read what he said I guess he is calling me the chick.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3