• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Memorial Cup

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hammer had a goal & an assist. Three of Brandons' goals came from the blueline. Hopefully DeSerres has the game of his life against HALL & his fellow ALL STARS. If not it could be another long night. Hopefully for the Wheat Kings the long layoff will bring some rust to the Spitfires but, I doubt it.

Is Ryan Ellis eligible for the CHL next year? It seems like he's been playing junior hockey for 5 years now.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry bout the Hitmen Dash, I know you were pulling for them. The Hitmen choke in the Cup again, shocker. :rolleyes:

You do gotta feel kind of bad for them though, twice in the Memorial Cup and both times they were eliminated in OT. That hurts.

I'll be rooting hard for the Wheat Kings on Sunday. I'd love to see them upset Windsor and keep the Cup west, or somewhat west anyway. ;)

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In somewhat related news, Gerard Gallant wins CHL coach of the year. I wonder if we'll be seeing him back in the NHL before too long. I personally hope he sticks around in the Q as coach of my Sea Dogs for a few more seasons.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windsor-2, Brandon-0 after 1st period of championship game

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-1 Spitfires after two. This Spits team is even better than the team that won the Cup a year ago, in my opinion.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...9-1 final for the Spitfires. Congrats to Windsor for winning the Mem Cup two years in a row.

/I don't know if Calgary would have defeated Windsor in the final, but I'm pretty sure they would have provided better opposition than Brandon.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how did the Sabres boy Zack Kassian look?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to Windsor on their 2nd consecutive Memorial Cup!

People always talk about how tough it is to repeat a championship in sports. I think that's a combination of a cliche as well as pointing out the obvious. Yeah its tough to repeat but that's because its tough to win in the first place. Once you win once, your chances of winning the next one are as good, if not better, than any other team.

But in junior hockey it really is tough to repeat because of the age restrictions. To win you usually have to have a strong group of 19 year olds and 3 very good 20s. Your 20s can't come back the next year and only 3 of the 19s can. Plus in order to assemble a championship team, you usually have to sell your team's future in a "go for it" year.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely invisible again.
sorry to say.

He scored a goal. I think Kassian is going to be a good player. He's tough to get the puck from & really good in the corners & cycling the puck. The guy I'm not sold on at all is Nemisz. I didn't notice him at all during the entire Memorial Cup.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely congrats to the Spits. Over the last 2 years, Windsor is 5-0 in Memorial Cup games where they could have been eliminated. That is pretty ridiculous. It's so hard just to win the Cup, to win back to backs is something special.

The game itself was a huge disappointment which was too bad. And it left you to wonder just how many goals Windsor would have scored if they went up against a team that actually played some defense. Don't get me wrong, I still think Windsor would have won, I just would have liked a more entertaining game. I don't think we're going to see a team as good as this year's Windsor for quite some time. This team was better than London a few years back, IMO.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He scored a goal. I think Kassian is going to be a good player. He's tough to get the puck from & really good in the corners & cycling the puck. The guy I'm not sold on at all is Nemisz. I didn't notice him at all during the entire Memorial Cup.

Flames drafted another plumber, what a surprise. I agree, the guy has stone hands.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to how the other games I watched went, the championship wasn't that entertaining. Windsor is sick though, how many dominant future NHLers are on that team do you think?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Hall 1st or 2nd overall in 2010 draft
Ryan Ellis 1st round in 2009 Nashville
Cam Fowler will go between 3 & 5 in the 2010 draft
Zach Kassian 1st round in 2009 Buffalo
Greg Nemisz 1st round in 2009 Calgary
Eric Wellwood 6th round Philadelphia Yes he's Kyles' brother
Philipp Grubauer G rated 47th for the 2010 draft by the Hockey News
Jason Shugg is another kid who might have a bright future.
Scott Timmins might as well

Windsor was simply loaded. The Spitfires will have Jack Campbell between the pipes next year. He won the Gold at the World Juniors with Team USA. He's the 13th rated prospect by the Hockey News & the #1 rated North American Goalie available in the 2010 draft.