• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melo............Landing Spot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Dude just stop. The Lakers are not attractive. They aren't a piece away, and are in worse shape than the Knicks. Melo won't go to the Lakers unless they find a way to land some other big names and they have nothing to offer in a trade.

:L

They have money, cap space, a fairly high draft pick and LA is probably the most desirable NBA city to play/live in.

I suggest you pay a little more attention :rollseyes:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have money, cap space, a fairly high draft pick and LA is probably the most desirable NBA city to play/live in.

I suggest you pay a little more attention :rollseyes:

The Knicks and Lakers are near equal situations right now.
They both 'have money'.
They are both desirable cities.
The Lakers have more cap space this season, but the Knicks will be in a similar position next year.
Neither team is in a position to contend this year ( or more than likely even make the playoffs).
If one or the other is to make the playoffs, it's the Knicks because of playing in the East.
Draft pick for either isn't changing anything this season.

The Knicks can offer him a lot more money, so if his decision were strictly NY vs LA, he will just stay in NY.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its between NY and Chitown. If he wants to win he picks Bulls, if he wants more money he will wick NY. Just imagine the Playoff battles between him and LBJ. Knicks are not close to winning.
Also no reason to go to the West. Just to tough to get to the Finals.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he can go to cleveland with Lebron, poor Lebron needs more help.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Knicks and Lakers are near equal situations right now.
They both 'have money'.
They are both desirable cities.
The Lakers have more cap space this season, but the Knicks will be in a similar position next year.
Neither team is in a position to contend this year ( or more than likely even make the playoffs).
If one or the other is to make the playoffs, it's the Knicks because of playing in the East.
Draft pick for either isn't changing anything this season.

And you know this? Crystal ball coming up with all sorts of stories now is it?

The Lakers basically get a "free" players. And at the 7 spot most likely a very good player. The Knicks have nothing in the draft. Better cap space is a significant factor too. Oh and a healthy Kobe is a factor too.

Hell, if Lebron leaves south beach the Lakers will be more desirable than the heat.

"Equal situations"....

1370.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago has always been the best place for him. Every way you look at it, its perfect for him Their roster is ready made for him. It's a defensive team with a defensive coach, so while Melo isn't great one on one, he's a good enough team defender to fit right in. And guys like Noah and Butler can do the heavy lifting anyway. He also fits in being a big time scorer, something the Bulls definitely need to take the heavy load of Rose. He's big enough to play the 3 or 4, which gives Chicago options for situational line ups. And most importantly,the team is in the East. He says he wants to win rings, well the East is a far easier path. Go to the West, and no matter what team he's on, he's battling between 3 and 5 teams just to make it to the Finals. Put him on Chicago and arguably (depending on Miami's tweaks), they're the favorites in the East.

The Bulls is a great spot for Melo, but imo not the only spot...I think ATL is a great spot...Teague maybe not be Rose, but he's a very good young PG you can rely on, and you get Horford back with Millsap and Korver...add in a proven shooter like Melo...that's not a bad squad...I think they are better than IND, and should give MIA and BRKLN a serious run in the east.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls is a great spot for Melo, but imo not the only spot...I think ATL is a great spot...Teague maybe not be Rose, but he's a very good young PG you can rely on, and you get Horford back with Millsap and Korver...add in a proven shooter like Melo...that's not a bad squad...I think they are better than IND, and should give MIA and BRKLN a serious run in the east.

I don't see him going to Atlanta. The smart move for Melo would stay in the East. Bulls and maybe Wizard would be a nice fit for him. problem Wizard would have to trade one of their young guns.

I really think its between Bulls and Knicks. Winning or money? That will be the decision. Bulls don't have a good track record at winning recruiting wars so as a Bulls fan Im not excited yet. I will wait until he signs to be excited.

Houston would be a nice fit but does he really want to battle every round in the playoffs to make it to the Finals. West is tough. Also I don't know if he would want to play with Howard who is a very up and down player. With the Bulls he has a great passing center in Noah and Rose who can drive and kick. Plus the Defensive players of Noah, Butler and Gibson.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know this? Crystal ball coming up with all sorts of stories now is it?

The Lakers basically get a "free" players. And at the 7 spot most likely a very good player. The Knicks have nothing in the draft. Better cap space is a significant factor too. Oh and a healthy Kobe is a factor too.

Hell, if Lebron leaves south beach the Lakers will be more desirable than the heat.

"Equal situations"....

1370.gif

Here's what I do know.
The Lakers were a bottom feeder in a still loaded conference.
Many, many, bottom feeders have added draft picks starting at 1.....and continue to be bottom feeders for years.
This 7 pick is going to net you what?

I KNOW eventually the Lakers will regroup...but some of you guys IMO are thinking this reversal is coming much quicker than I and a lot of others do.

Question to you... How do you KNOW Kobe will be healthy or what's left in his tank.

I do agree that if James leaves, the Heat could be a very mediocre team.....or maybe not.
Basically Riley would have cap space, be stuck with Wade.. and probably move Bosh.
No way to tell what the roster would look like.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will resign with NY. There are $45 million reasons & a family that likes living in NY.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see him going to Atlanta. The smart move for Melo would stay in the East. Bulls and maybe Wizard would be a nice fit for him. problem Wizard would have to trade one of their young guns.

I really think its between Bulls and Knicks. Winning or money? That will be the decision. Bulls don't have a good track record at winning recruiting wars so as a Bulls fan Im not excited yet. I will wait until he signs to be excited.

Houston would be a nice fit but does he really want to battle every round in the playoffs to make it to the Finals. West is tough. Also I don't know if he would want to play with Howard who is a very up and down player. With the Bulls he has a great passing center in Noah and Rose who can drive and kick. Plus the Defensive players of Noah, Butler and Gibson.

Yeah, I'm not thinking he would come to ATL either but he would be a difference maker on that team which I think is a star player away from being a legit contender. With Melo I think ATL is better than WAS, and CHI...if CHI gets him they are the favorites imo.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bet would be Chicago. Instant title contender.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bet would be Chicago. Instant title contender.

After hearing his interview on June 3rd he really doesn't want to move his family. He talked about his kids and how his kids don't want to leave NY. I think he stays in NY. I would love for the Bulls to land him.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,183.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Melo opting out id say Chicago. has a chance to win a title immediately

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After hearing his interview on June 3rd he really doesn't want to move his family. He talked about his kids and how his kids don't want to leave NY. I think he stays in NY. I would love for the Bulls to land him.

As much as I love Phil, they're building. Chicago is ready now! They play great team defense, so he wont be asked to shut down the best player that night. Rose's ability to drive would get others those open shots including Carmelo.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo still has about 2-3 great years left and then 1-2 good years and then he will fade away.

Melo has more years in him than Lebron. Melo is a better shooter and less reliant on his physical abilities.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not thinking he would come to ATL either but he would be a difference maker on that team which I think is a star player away from being a legit contender. With Melo I think ATL is better than WAS, and CHI...if CHI gets him they are the favorites imo.

Hawks should go hard after Hawes or Hill and Ariza or Deng. Any combination of those 2 would put them as a Top 4 East team.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo has more years in him than Lebron. Melo is a better shooter and less reliant on his physical abilities.

Although you're right on the latter, Melo doesn't keep care of himself the way Lebron does. So you have no idea what would happen to either player 6 years from now.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks should go hard after Hawes or Hill and Ariza or Deng. Any combination of those 2 would put them as a Top 4 East team.

Just don't see it.

The Hawks are NOT a good team......I can't stress this enough. They won what, 30 some odd games in a very BAD eastern conference? They are not a player or two away from contending. Will they be improved? Absolutely......contender? Not so much

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although you're right on the latter, Melo doesn't keep care of himself the way Lebron does. So you have no idea what would happen to either player 6 years from now.

Imagine if Melo got in good shape. I agree LBJ takes care of himself better. I agree we have no idea who will last longer. I do agree Melo is a better shooter.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if Melo got in good shape. I agree LBJ takes care of himself better. I agree we have no idea who will last longer. I do agree Melo is a better shooter.

Can't disagree with you there. Although, Melo can't get to the basket like Lebron does. On some nights, you're shot just isn't going to be there.