• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meet the Bag Man

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy that a "bagman" agreed to sit down with this clown and give him all this information. If he truly witness this guy giving cash to a player then he was a witness to the crime of money laundering. Reports can protect sources but they can not witness crimes and not report it because then he becomes an accessory to that crime.

I hope the Feds charge this guy and use this article as evidence and he has to spill the real beans.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy that a "bagman" agreed to sit down with this clown and give him all this information. If he truly witness this guy giving cash to a player then he was a witness to the crime of money laundering. Reports can protect sources but they can not witness crimes and not report it because then he becomes an accessory to that crime.

I hope the Feds charge this guy and use this article as evidence and he has to spill the real beans.
-
Whats the crime? Gave a kid $200. It is against NCAA laws, not Federal. If anything the kid is guilty of tax evasion.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Whats the crime? Gave a kid $200. It is against NCAA laws, not Federal. If anything the kid is guilty of tax evasion.

Not sure, but there are probably laws against it in Alabama.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

Did you read how the guy stated he got the money? Basically it was a serious of unreported transactions where the cash was collected to pay players. Both are guilty for not reporting the transaction in the eyes of the IRS because it was payment for a service.

By skipping reporting transactions and using cash (note some of probably collected from out of state violating interstate commerce laws) that's money laundering and the RICO act would come into effect.

The fact that this guy (as he stated in the article) witnessed one of these transactions he is a witness to a crime at very least and possibly an accessory to a crime.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It reads like the synopsis for a movie script.

That's what I'm thinking this is fiction by a guy tying to make a name for himself and I think the feds (primarily the IRS) should put him under oath and make him spill.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
BTW tax evasion is Fed even in Texas.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW tax evasion is Fed even in Texas.
-
I was wrong there is a crime. Albeit a very small one. It is just too small for the Feds to care. It would only happen if there was public pressure. I do not see that happening. Gov doesnt want to go after small businesses. I dont find the idea that he actually talked to someone to a crazy thought. Making up a complete story with fabricated quotes does happen, but it comes with great career risk. Either way I found the article quite entertaining and I do believe this practice is alive. Whether or not it was sensationalized in this report might be any story.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not tax evasion, unless it can be proven in court.

The guy has already published eye witness testimony that is admissible just put him under oath.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I was wrong there is a crime. Albeit a very small one. It is just too small for the Feds to care. It would only happen if there was public pressure. I do not see that happening. Gov doesnt want to go after small businesses. I dont find the idea that he actually talked to someone to a crazy thought. Making up a complete story with fabricated quotes does happen, but it comes with great career risk. Either way I found the article quite entertaining and I do believe this practice is alive. Whether or not it was sensationalized in this report might be any story.

But see that one transaction was small but in the article he laid out a network of many collaborators, amounts that add up to the hundreds of thousands. All it takes is one guy to fold and once these guys are faced with jail time they will sing like canaries and this thing becomes big time.

The main problem is the guy is full of crap and the article is all fiction.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why anybody would be surprised about this. Been going on for decades.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ancient history at a school that shall remain unnamed: Saw this myself. Players would line up and be admitted into a conference room. Laid out around each edge of the conference table were white envelopes. A player would walk in, pick up an envelope and then walk out after having his name checked off. No favorites; starters, All-Americans and even scrubs all got 1 envelope. That year there was $450 in cash which came from the sale of extra tickets that had been organized by one of the assistant coaches. At the time that was a pretty nice amount of money. Nobody got rich, nobody got special favors and nobody was demanding more. The money was used for dates, car repairs, trips home, eating out, etc. BFD

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ancient history at a school that shall remain unnamed: Saw this myself. Players would line up and be admitted into a conference room. Laid out around each edge of the conference table were white envelopes. A player would walk in, pick up an envelope and then walk out after having his name checked off. No favorites; starters, All-Americans and even scrubs all got 1 envelope. That year there was $450 in cash which came from the sale of extra tickets that had been organized by one of the assistant coaches. At the time that was a pretty nice amount of money. Nobody got rich, nobody got special favors and nobody was demanding more. The money was used for dates, car repairs, trips home, eating out, etc. BFD

I have no problem with that at all. It's when the player and his parents start getting greedy and want more (I.E. Reggie Bush) is where the shit will hit the fan. Or if you're a bunch of dumbasses like the SMU boosters.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with that at all. It's when the player and his parents start getting greedy and want more (I.E. Reggie Bush) is where the shit will hit the fan. Or if you're a bunch of dumbasses like the SMU boosters.

People forget that SMU didn't get busted, because they paid players. They got busted when they stopped paying a player

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish I had a dollar for every person that has claimed to witness players being paid.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I had a dollar for every person that has claimed to witness players being paid.

Would it add up to $180k?:whistle:

Just kidding. :lol:

The way he describes it being done makes sense, but I don't see the motivation behind opening up to this writer since he isn't naming names, including his own.

Last edited by a moderator: