• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McShay and Kiper 3-Round Mock Draft - ESPN Insider

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attached is .pdf of all 3 rounds and analysis.

Mel Kiper and Todd McShay go head-to-head in three-round mock - 2015 NFL draft

Round 1

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Todd McShay's pick: Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State

2. Tennessee Titans
Mel Kiper's pick: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

3. Jacksonville Jaguars
McShay's pick: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama

4. Oakland Raiders
Kiper's pick: Leonard Williams, DE, USC

5. Washington Redskins
McShay's pick: Dante Fowler, DE, Florida

6. New York Jets
Kiper's pick: Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa

7. Chicago Bears
McShay's pick: Kevin White, WR, West Virginia

8. Atlanta Falcons
Kiper's pick: Bud Dupree, OLB, Kentucky

9. New York Giants
McShay's pick: Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia

10. St. Louis Rams
Kiper's pick: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville

11. Minnesota Vikings
McShay's pick: Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State

12. Cleveland Browns
Kiper's pick: Danny Shelton, DT, Washington

13. New Orleans Saints
McShay's pick: Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska

14. Miami Dolphins
Kiper's pick: Breshad Perriman, WR, Central Florida

15. San Francisco 49ers
McShay's pick: Arik Armstead, DE, Oregon

16. Houston Texans
Kiper's pick: Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami

17. San Diego Chargers
McShay's pick: La'el Collins, G, LSU

18. Kansas City Chiefs
Kiper's pick: Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State

19. Cleveland Browns
McShay's pick: Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford

20. Philadelphia Eagles
Kiper's pick: Marcus Peters, CB, Washington

21. Cincinnati Bengals
McShay's pick: Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami (FL)

22. Pittsburgh Steelers
Kiper's pick: Byron Jones, CB, Connecticut

23. Detroit Lions
McShay's pick: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas

24. Arizona Cardinals
Kiper's pick: Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin

25. Carolina Panthers
McShay's pick: D.J. Humphries, OT, Florida

26. Baltimore Ravens
Kiper's pick: Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest

27. Dallas Cowboys
McShay's pick: Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State

28. Denver Broncos
Kiper's pick: Cameron Erving, OL, Florida State

29. Indianapolis Colts
McShay's pick: Shane Ray, OLB, Missouri

30. Green Bay Packers
Kiper's pick: Jalen Collins, CB, LSU

31. New Orleans Saints
McShay's pick: Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State

32. New England Patriots
Kiper's pick: Eric Rowe, S, Utah

Attachments

• mock draft.pdf
    305.1 KB · Views: 43

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perriman at 14. That would be a huge reach IMO.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Niners elect to go a different direction and draft any position that is not WR in the 1st and DGB is on the board in Round 2, the Niners better Prefontaine their asses to the podium with a quickness to draft DGB. That kid, with the guidance of Boldin and Smith, could learn what it requires to be a pro and be a MONSTER for a decade. His talent is worth the risk at Rd 2 IMO.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Niners elect to go a different direction and draft any position that is not WR in the 1st and DGB is on the board in Round 2, the Niners better Prefontaine their asses to the podium with a quickness to draft DGB. That kid, with the guidance of Boldin and Smith, could learn what it requires to be a pro and be a MONSTER for a decade. His talent is worth the risk at Rd 2 IMO.
Holy bat shit. I couldn't disagree more. The dude is over hyped to the max, forget his off the field issues. He's not that good. Lots of screens and short passes, kind of like what the Seahawks were trying to do with Harvin. He hasn't played a whole lot of games in college. I'm baffled at all the hype myself. His combine numbers were not great IMO, in fact some were quite lame, short arms, no jumping ability, no strength. WTF do folks see in this guy..besides all the hype that he's some kind of physical specimen, which he isn't, other then height.

Last edited:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If reports are that he has a bad work ethic, then he can kick rocks, but his talent is there. His admittedly short in-game film shows a great feel for the position and the positioning it requires (like shielding defenders from ball), size, hands, and speed. Is he Desean fast? No. But he is a matchup problem who has 4.4 speed, good hands and contrary to combine numbers has shown the ability to snatch a ball at the highest point with ease, all while being a large human. His upside is remarkable.

I guess we will agree to disagree. :suds:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byron Jones @22? :L

Reach much

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Prefontaine"

Respect, respect! :clap:

Kiper refuses to come off of Mariota to the Titans at #2 even though everyone in the free world knows they're not taking him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Saints get Devin Smith everyone will forget that Kenny Stills even played for the Saints

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the Saints front office is as smart as these guys are and select our OLB, WR, CB, & G position with 4 of first 5 picks in the first 3 rounds

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If reports are that he has a bad work ethic, then he can kick rocks, but his talent is there. His admittedly short in-game film shows a great feel for the position and the positioning it requires (like shielding defenders from ball), size, hands, and speed. Is he Desean fast? No. But he is a matchup problem who has 4.4 speed, good hands and contrary to combine numbers has shown the ability to snatch a ball at the highest point with ease, all while being a large human. His upside is remarkable.

Well here's to the 49ers drafting DGB. :suds: If the Seahawks move up in the draft to pick that bust, I'm going to be pissed off.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Other then the height, he sounds like a good slot receiver, if I was using your scouting report.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Rowe to the Patriots at 32? He can play CB or S. Hmmmm.

I'm always leery of players that just a month ago were considered 4th round prospects that all of a sudden get hyped up right before the draft and climb a few rounds. They never seem to live up to the hype and play closer to the original round people thought of them just a month ago. His big thing is that versatility but the issue with him is he is decent at both but I wouldn't say outstanding at either. So either position you put him at you will get decent play but not great.

As for the Broncos draft I don't mind it. Erving, Marpet, and Anderson are all good players. Anderson actually graded out as the best DL player in all of college football this past season. The Broncos are big on guys who were both productive and have high potential so he fits. Erving and Marpet would stand a good chance of starting year 1 for the Broncos on the OL. I'm not huge on having 2 rookies expected to perform to protect a 39 year old quarterback but those would be two guys in this draft that I wouldn't mind if that had to be what happens.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always leery of players that just a month ago were considered 4th round prospects that all of a sudden get hyped up right before the draft and climb a few rounds. They never seem to live up to the hype and play closer to the original round people thought of them just a month ago. His big thing is that versatility but the issue with him is he is decent at both but I wouldn't say outstanding at either. So either position you put him at you will get decent play but not great.

As for the Broncos draft I don't mind it. Erving, Marpet, and Anderson are all good players. Anderson actually graded out as the best DL player in all of college football this past season. The Broncos are big on guys who were both productive and have high potential so he fits. Erving and Marpet would stand a good chance of starting year 1 for the Broncos on the OL. I'm not huge on having 2 rookies expected to perform to protect a 39 year old quarterback but those would be two guys in this draft that I wouldn't mind if that had to be what happens.
They would perform well 90% of the time. LOL. Peyton won't mind.....

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals can go many different directions with their selection. Corner back, running back, & pass rushing are all areas of need, but I still doubt Arians/Keim will be drafting a RB who will be platooning with Ellington, in the 1st round. With the depth of RB(s) in the draft, I expect them to draft an RB on day 2.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE="cdumler7, post: 6529429, member: 5773"]I'm always leery of players that just a month ago were considered 4th round prospects that all of a sudden get hyped up right before the draft and climb a few rounds. They never seem to live up to the hype and play closer to the original round people thought of them just a month ago. His big thing is that versatility but the issue with him is he is decent at both but I wouldn't say outstanding at either. So either position you put him at you will get decent play but not great.

As for the Broncos draft I don't mind it. Erving, Marpet, and Anderson are all good players. Anderson actually graded out as the best DL player in all of college football this past season. The Broncos are big on guys who were both productive and have high potential so he fits. Erving and Marpet would stand a good chance of starting year 1 for the Broncos on the OL. I'm not huge on having 2 rookies expected to perform to protect a 39 year old quarterback but those would be two guys in this draft that I wouldn't mind if that had to be what happens.[/QUOTE]
That's my feeling as well. I was thinking moving up in round 3 possibly if Rowe was there? Not sure I would use #64 on him? However, BB loves versatility so you never know.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walterfootballs rumors are putting Peats draft range from 6-10

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2