• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McLellan, Tortorella Coach NHL All-Star Game

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLellan, Tortorella to coach ASG teams - San Jose Sharks - News

With the Florida Panthers earning a 2-1 victory against the Vancouver Canucks at the BankAtlantic Center on Monday night, San Jose Sharks coach Todd McLellan has earned a spot at the 2012 Tim Hortons NHL All-Star Game in Ottawa.

Because the Canucks lost in regulation, McLellan edged out Vancouver coach Alain Vigneault for the final coaching spot in the All-Star Game. McLellan would have also gotten the job had Vancouver lost in overtime.

The spot is determined by which team has the greatest points percentage in the Western Conference through Monday's games. Rangers coach John Tortorella wrapped up the Eastern Conference's spot Friday.

Boston's Claude Julien is guaranteed a spot by virtue of the Bruins winning the Stanley Cup in 2011. Julien will be joined by his assistants in Boston, while Tortorella and McLellan will coach the other team.

Last season, a coin flip decided the team assignments for the coaches.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I swear to tebow's dad, Vigneault threw that Florida game tonight to avoid coaching duties at the ASG.
In the second period, the top two lines did not take a single shot on net.
Dale Weise, with less than 7 minutes ice-time, was the biggest scoring threat in the game.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear to tebow's dad, Vigneault threw that Florida game tonight to avoid coaching duties at the ASG.
In the second period, the top two lines did not take a single shot on net.
Dale Weise, with less than 7 minutes ice-time, was the biggest scoring threat in the game.

Tin foil hat has been adjusted ... He is divorced with young daughters in quebec that he never gets to see so I'm sure he's not crushed missing the asg