• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Suicide League Draft Thread 2014

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more comment.............it seemed like everybody was giving Silver some shit (especially after that first round pick of Luck) but I think his team will compete for awhile until he has no WR's to play when they are on bye. Wow, trade Luck and put DThomas on that team...............

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more comment.............it seemed like everybody was giving Silver some shit (especially after that first round pick of Luck) but I think his team will compete for awhile until he has no WR's to play when they are on bye. Wow, trade Luck and put DThomas on that team...............

I'm not seeing what your seeing Sammy:noidea:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, last year my best WR tore his achilles before the end of the draft. Now, my best player is apparently considering retirement.

That would be amazing.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, last year my best WR tore his achilles before the end of the draft. Now, my best player is apparently considering retirement.

That would be amazing.

SUICIDE

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be amazing.

I saw that story too. Should we put you on suicide watch?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be amazing.

I would say threes no chance of that happening and it's just an attempt at leverage in a new deal. .... but then again, that's what I said about Barry Sanders too...:doh:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say threes no chance of that happening and it's just an attempt at leverage in a new deal. .... but then again, that's what I said about Barry Sanders too...:doh:

How about Jamal Anderson?? just saying... its tough to be Tlance

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a career ending knee blow out.. not a "I'm gonna retire on top" come out of nowhere

Was it?? didnt remember the reason, just remember being surprised he retired... But either way... i feel bad for Tlance!!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Jamal Anderson?? just saying... its tough to be Tlance

It is OK.

This is one league you have to have a good sense of humor. Some very well drafted teams get shredded by injury, off field issues, etc. No sense stressing about it in this format, what is done is done.

At least now I have another owned to commiserate with.

Canes, this one is for Marshawn Lynch! :suds:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is OK.

This is one league you have to have a good sense of humor. Some very well drafted teams get shredded by injury, off field issues, etc. No sense stressing about it in this format, what is done is done.

Let's hope it's just talk. I understand wanting to go out on top, but then announce your retirement after you win the damn Super Bowl, not 5 months later. Right now I'm just really glad I drafted Rashad Jennings and Shane Vereen even though neither one can compare to beast mode. He's probably just pissed off because he ran out of skittles, somebody refill his damn bowl please.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is OK.

Would hate to see Beastmode hang em up but it does make my Cristine Michael pick look a little better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would hate to see Beastmode hang em up but it does make my Cristine Michael pick look a little better.

I heard Michael was going to retire too. Too much wear and tear last year.:lol:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it so pathetic that a year (maybe two) after restructuring his contract already, he wants more. I find it so very, very, very, very pathetic that someone could actually say I don't want top 5 money, I want top 3 money! Gimme a fucking break!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it so pathetic that a year (maybe two) after restructuring his contract already, he wants more. I find it so very, very, very, very pathetic that someone could actually say I don't want top 5 money, I want top 3 money! Gimme a fucking break!!

I agree, but at the same time, given the pounding that Lynch has taken along with his social skills, this could be his last chance to cash in. When his NFL career is over, he does not have a future as a coach or TV analyst, so he needs to make sure he is financially set for life.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more guaranteed money for Lynch in the current contract - or for Flowers, who just got released by the Chiefs, and he won't get his 5.5 million from them. Because contracts aren't guaranteed in the NFL, constant renegotiations are expected, and it's all about getting new guaranteed money. This is no surprise to the owners. It's not like contracts for the rest of the world.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with tlance and wil. This a business and players have to think of themselves first and according to the constitution everyone has a right to charge whatever price they see fit for their goods or services and the buyer has the right - not to buy if he doesn't want it. I think the bigger question here is "Will he play or won't he?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Flowers will get money from someone, and Lynch is in no danger of being cut. I understand the injury risk thing, but it's not like he has a rookie contract...he's getting top five money! It's just really gross to me.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things - Lynch's career earnings if he plays out his contract will be about $50 million, which sounds like a lot. But he will have lost lost about 40% of that in taxes, leaving $30 million. Let's say he's spending somewhat wisely and keeping it around $1 million per year while he's playing (remember he has attorney's fees). So with that, and his agents' cuts, he would end up with around $20 million when his NFL career is over.

I don't think we'll see him coaching or in a broadcasting booth, and there's no reason to think he's a business or financial whiz, so these next couple of years might be essentially it for his income. Spread that $20 million over say the next fifty years of his life, and that gives him about $400,000 a year. Obviously that's enough for a nice life, but it's not obscene, especially considering he'll probably spend those fifty years dealing with pain.

On the other hand, if Michael turns out to be just as effective as Lynch, and Turbin is a solid backup, Lynch could easily be cut after this season and have trouble finding work as an aging, beat-up RB. That would drop his $20 million down to something like $17 million.

This is his last chance to make any significant improvement on those numbers.