• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL D2 Results and Draft

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to hose up all of your hard work Obx....

But a few owners did like my tiebreaker suggestion from that thread:

This seems to be a pet peeve of many fantasy owners when owners do not adjust starters for injured/bye players.
And making it directly impact any tie breakers may deter that.
LUV IT

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to hose up all of your hard work Obx....

But a few owners did like my tiebreaker suggestion from that thread:

This seems to be a pet peeve of many fantasy owners when owners do not adjust starters for injured/bye players.
And making it directly impact any tie breakers may deter that.

you just want more polls.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just want more polls.
I will go back and re read that thread today
Would like to see less polls really.
Just want to say that you're doing an excellent job of organizing this. Your work has not gone unnoticed by me.

But my comment on the tie breaker thread could have been easily missed.
I added my thought late in the thread. And had it not been for the 5 owners who "liked" it or "winner'd" it with their personal rating, I wouldn't have said anything else about it.
Plus, since no one actually commented on my post afterwards, it started to slide down the SportsHoopla thread listing - easy to miss or disregard.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final Rules

ROSTER
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 Flex
1 K Limit 2
1 D/ST Limit 2
10 Bench

Offseason Taxi squad
At the end of the season the WW is locked, but your roster expands to 25 slots. Once you reach 25, for anybody else added to your team you have to drop one.

Our Rookie/FA draft will be shortly after the NFL draft and will be five rounds. If you reach 25 players before the end of the draft, when your turn to pick comes up you can either Pass the pick or drop a player and draft another.

Once the draft is over, the WW will be opened back up for the Summer.

We will then have a one week cut period, where everybody needs to get down to 20 players (should be around the first week of preseason). During this period the WW will be locked again.

Once that is done, all FA will go on a three day waiver. With a revolving WW list, the order to be determined.

Offensive Scoring
2.5 passing yards = .1
1 Rushing/Receiving yard = .1
All TDS =6
2 Point conversion =2
Fumbles = -2
INT = -2
Reception = 1

Kicking Scoring
EP = 1
FG = yardage/10
EPM or FG under 40 M = -1

Defensive Scoring

Sack =1
Forced Fumble =1
Fumble recovery =1
Int =2
Blocked Kick =2
Safety =2
D/ST TD = 6
Scoring

0 = 10
1-6 = 8
7-13 = 6
14-20 = 2
21-27 = 1
35-41 = -2
42+ = -4

Yardage

0-99 = 10
100-199 =6
200-299 = 2
400-449 = -2
450-499 = -3
500-549 =-4
550+ =-5

Waiver Wire is rolling

Tiebreaker order

1 Power/Breakdown Record VS everyone all year

2 Points scored Season most

3 Points allowed Season most

4 Least amount of Non playing players started during season

5 Coinflip. Hope it never gets to this. Because y'all will have to trust me on this one.

Playoffs

6 teams

IR

2 Spots

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like to see less polls really.
Just want to say that you're doing an excellent job of organizing this. Your work has not gone unnoticed by me.

But my comment on the tie breaker thread could have been easily missed.
I added my thought late in the thread. And had it not been for the 5 owners who "liked" it or "winner'd" it with their personal rating, I wouldn't have said anything else about it.
Plus, since no one actually commented on my post afterwards, it started to slide down the SportsHoopla thread listing - easy to miss or disregard.

I adjusted the rules for it.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I adjusted the rules for it.
1 Power/Breakdown Record VS everyone all year
2 Points scored Season most
3 Points allowed Season most
4 Least amount of Non playing players started during season
5 Coinflip. Hope it never gets to this. Because y'all will have to trust me on this one.

Don't want to split hairs here, but we may need to still discuss this?
My interpretation is that the non-players is first tie-breaker.

If 2 teams are tied, why should a team that failed to update their roster for any given week be allowed to win the first tie-breaker?

The idea behind the "non-player" tie-breaker is to ensure active participation regardless of how good a team may be. If I'm alone here then I won't push the issue.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If 2 teams are tied, why should a team that failed to update their roster for any given week be allowed to win the first tie-breaker?

The idea behind the "non-player" tie-breaker is to ensure active participation regardless of how good a team may be. If I'm alone here then I won't push the issue.

I understand your point Joe, but I would have a problem with it being the number one tie breaker. We have a limit of two kickers and two D/ST. Say both of yours have their bye on the same week. Or you have 1 QB injuried and 1 on a bye, all that is left on the WW is Ryan Mallet. I am going with the bye that week.

Both of those cases are extremes, but I could see something like that happening.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe

I was thinking about it, and I have one more against it. If someone is playing a Bye or IR player, we would most likely be looking to replace them anyways. Do you want to harm the replacement owner that much more?

Anyways I will put it up for vote and if nine people vote for it it changes in the by-laws.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well in our other Dynasty league there are 5 teams that only carry 1 TE. The TE's on the waiver wire is pretty bare. I could easily see someone say better to just take the bye week hit rather then lose a valuable player. With 16 teams this is even more likely.

Besides you feel anyone is going to not maintain their team in this league.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your point Joe, but I would have a problem with it being the number one tie breaker. We have a limit of two kickers and two D/ST. Say both of yours have their bye on the same week. Or you have 1 QB injuried and 1 on a bye, all that is left on the WW is Ryan Mallet. I am going with the bye that week.

Both of those cases are extremes, but I could see something like that happening.
That is a good scenario too. Perhaps that's why we need to have a discussion about it?
If an owner is stuck with 2 D/ST with the same bye week (maybe not in 2016, but in following years), it wouldn't be fair to penalize him.
I know too that there are players that may be a "game time decision" as to whether they play or not. If an owner can't get to his lineup in those precious 5-10 minutes before the final decision is made by the team, that could be another exclusion.
Besides you feel anyone is going to not maintain their team in this league.
Well, no. But things do come up.
Maybe I'm being too harsh?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good scenario too. Perhaps that's why we need to have a discussion about it?
If an owner is stuck with 2 D/ST with the same bye week (maybe not in 2016, but in following years), it wouldn't be fair to penalize him.
I know too that there are players that may be a "game time decision" as to whether they play or not. If an owner can't get to his lineup in those precious 5-10 minutes before the final decision is made by the team, that could be another exclusion.

I am not normally up until between 1 and 2, so I do my lineups on Saturday night and have to guess on gameday decisions. I did not think about this on your Tiebreaker. I was figuring just Byes and IR.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too harsh? I call it to worried, yes things come up and if they do, most likely for a very good reason. Hate to see this as the first tie breaker myself.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 16 teams, 20 roster spots. .I can promise you there will be times where it makes more sense to take a zero at kicker or D, or TE..or even flex, then to start tearing apart your roster for some scrub POS just to avoid starting a guy on a bye. I agree wholeheartedly with the principal behind Joe's idea, but not with it being applied in a league like this.