• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayans MC (Sons of Anarchy spin-off)

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially In Script Development.

It looks like the Mayans MC are ready to roll out.

The long-rumored Sons of Anarchy spin-off show featuring the rivals-turned-uneasy allies the Mayans has finally reached the script treatment.

Produced by “Sons” creator Kurt Sutter and Elgin James, with James penning the pilot script, "Mayans" is intended to be a “dark, visceral family drama that takes a new look at the most American of icons, the 1% outlaw, this time reflected through a Latino lens.”

“I wanted to find a strong, unique Latino voice,” said Sutter about James, “Because I didn’t think a white guy from Jersey should be writing about Latin culture and traditions. Elgin is that voice.”

Fans of the series will remember that the Mayans were pivotal characters throughout the run of the show, which ran for seven seasons and is still the highest-rated drama in FX's broadcast history.

Still no word on casting or if Charlie Hunnam will reprise his role as Jax Teller in anyway shape or form.

Mayans MC Officially In Script Development

Great news. Bastards was horrible.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all the stuff said about James at wiki is true. He's led quite the life.

What happened to the prequel story about SOA? When Clay and Gemma and Jax's father were young and formed the SOA?

SHOTGUN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this time reflected through a Latino lens.”

“I wanted to find a strong, unique Latino voice,” said Sutter about James, “Because I didn’t think a white guy from Jersey should be writing about Latin culture and traditions. Elgin is that voice.”

I'll pass.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What happened to the prequel story about SOA? When Clay and Gemma and Jax's father were young and formed the SOA?

I think that would be a better story line instead of the Myans.....

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about this...I feel like its either going to be amazing, or completely awful...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be just so-so...

I don't think so... Being a spin-off of such a successful show, it's going to be judged quite harshly. It's likely to polarize the exhisting audience. They're either going to LOVE it or HATE it...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spiral thought (hijack?)...

Most spin-off are either great or horrible. Have there ever been an OK spin-off?

Frasier - great
Tortellis - horrible

Mork & Mindy - great
Laverne and Shirley - great

NCIS: great
NCIS: LA - OK (although, seeing how long it has lasted, I would guess it would have to be rated as "great")
NCIS: NO - OK (I dont watch, but it gets ratings...)

Lone Gunmen - horrible

Angel - very good

After M.A.S.H. - horrible
Trapper John, M.D. (kinda) - never watched, but it lasted a long time, so... great??

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spiral thought (hijack?)...

Most spin-off are either great or horrible. Have there ever been an OK spin-off?

Frasier - great
Tortellis - horrible

Mork & Mindy - great
Laverne and Shirley - great

NCIS: great
NCIS: LA - OK (although, seeing how long it has lasted, I would guess it would have to be rated as "great")
NCIS: NO - OK (I dont watch, but it gets ratings...)

Lone Gunmen - horrible

Angel - very good

After M.A.S.H. - horrible
Trapper John, M.D. (kinda) - never watched, but it lasted a long time, so... great??

You forget that NCIS was a spin off of JAG.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that would be a better story line instead of the Myans.....

Me to. A Mayans story line may end up as the shit, but it seems like it would trek pretty close to what we've already seen in SOA. Whereas in a prequel we could see how John Teller tried steering the MC down a righteous path and Clay and Gemma did him in.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer they just go 10-15 years ahead with Abel still wearing that ring, going back to put the club back in line after their pussification.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me to. A Mayans story line may end up as the shit, but it seems like it would trek pretty close to what we've already seen in SOA. Whereas in a prequel we could see how John Teller tried steering the MC down a righteous path and Clay and Gemma did him in.

Didn't they pretty much do all of that during SoA? I mean, we pretty much got the entire story.

That having been said, Danny Trejo needs to be involved. Dude is badass.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they pretty much do all of that during SoA? I mean, we pretty much got the entire story.

Heh. I thought the same thing after I posted what I did. No matter what happened or who tried walking the straight and narrow, like Micheal said in GF3. They were always pulled back in. Jax, Opie, Nesto, it didn't make none who it was. I can't front though, I really liked his character and all that, and he was on point when it came to watching your back, but had it been left to me. I would've first degree murdered Trig......a couple times. He was like the absence of gravity when it came to pullin folks into some shit.

That having been said, Danny Trejo needs to be involved. Dude is badass.

I was a gentleman of leisure on the stroll down in Hollywood not to long ago ago and made his acquaintance. We smoked a couple drinks, told some lies to a few hammers and had some laughs. Good times.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1/5: FX has ordered the Sons of Anarchy spinoff Mayans MC to series. It will likely debut this fall.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie did a pretty good job as king Arthur, had so much Jax in that character.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked him in that flick a lot more than I expected I would. Hope there's more roles for him.

I pretty much figured introducing the unfinished table at the end was getting us ready for a sequel. He got Excalibur, now the knights of the round table, then probably a few spinoffs on some popular knights of said round table, I can see 4 more flicks the way hollywood goes.

It was funny, I got a little turned around when I found out he was using an english accent in Sons, but having him in his native accent in this one really fit.

At least he bowed out of the fifty shades movies and can keep this badass thing going.