• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Mavericks vs Suns

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was weak as fuck.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I'm concerned Booker should be playing significant minutes. More than Goodwin.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough of Booker earning minutes. He earned them. He's confident and makes shots. Play the man

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see maybe 47-48 win team that is improved on defense. Markief still worries me he might go off the rails at some point if he isn't traded. I expect Tucker to be traded. We have better players who need those minutes.

Even though the Suns reached that level two years ago, that win total seems high to me. That said, I certainly believe that Phoenix can make the playoffs as the eighth seed. If healthy, the top seven clubs should all be easily superior, but with Dallas and Portland having appeared to take a step back this year, the West does not seem quite as deep as in the past.

Of course, tonight's result was not encouraging and the Suns may need a month or two to gel.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the black alternates, they look sharp.

I'm not optimistic on this season either, I said 41-41 yesterday on a different site.

Tucker picks up 2 quick fouls

... that's how I'm leaning as well, but 41-41 could give Phoenix a realistic shot at the eighth seed this year.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see no way they make the playoffs. Who do you think they knock off that was a top 8 seed last year? OKC is going to be in, so pick two.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely embarrassing effort

And once again, I actually blame the coaching.....at what point does it dawn on anyone that maybe Hornacek isn't the guy

Took all of one game and I'm like, did they even have preseason games? Once again, no one knows when they are going to play, how long they are going to play. Coaching staff still has no fucking clue it seems

Markieff Morris, is he a fucking douchebag? yep. But is he the Suns best post player? yep

and he gets 11 minutes....so either trade him now, or fucking play him 30+ minutes

Why not start Chandler, Morris, Warren, Bledsoe.....AND BOOKER. Booker might be their best player right, he is clearly their best perimeter shooter and its not even close

go with that starting 5, and if you suck, so be it, but atleast you're giving yourself a chance

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has no identity. Bunch of random players that do not fit together and a coach that has no clue. Hornacek might have been a great player but I do not think he knows what he is doing now. Two point guards? So stupid. Neither is an all star anyway. I would be fully on board with dismantling the team and trading everyone but the young players and going for the number one pick in the draft. What do they have to lose? The current team is terrible.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has no identity. Bunch of random players that do not fit together and a coach that has no clue. Hornacek might have been a great player but I do not think he knows what he is doing now. Two point guards? So stupid. Neither is an all star anyway. I would be fully on board with dismantling the team and trading everyone but the young players and going for the number one pick in the draft. What do they have to lose? The current team is terrible.

you can actually make an argument that this team has ZERO point guards, atleast not in the traditional sense. And if you don't have a true PG that can dish the ball around and make everyone better, than your scoring PG has to be someone that can just go off for 30+ a night like a Westbrook type

Bledsoe and Knight aren't point guards, they are both undersized combo guards. On some nights, they will get their assists, but neither of them quite frankly make anyone else better on the floor