• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread Maui Invitational

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad we didn't have 18 turnovers like we did vs Tennessee. We won't win vs elite competition if we do that again.

Why does Town keep their coach if he's that bad?

1) Because he's a legacy of the man who founded G'town.

2) For the same reason Calipari is still coaching at UK. He can't coach but he can recruit.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Because he's a legacy of the man who founded G'town.

2) For the same reason Calipari is still coaching at UK. He can't coach but he can recruit.

He also brought Gtown back from the dead after the other guy took over for his dad.

and he did have some chops before getting the Gtown gig.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong thread but lol Indiana.

North Carolina is legitimate. I know we aren't elite by any means but our backcourt is salty and Underwood has instilled a sense of discipline that has been missing for years. But we are getting schooled right now

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong thread but lol Indiana.

North Carolina is legitimate. I know we aren't elite by any means but our backcourt is salty and Underwood has instilled a sense of discipline that has been missing for years. But we are getting schooled right now

OK st state seems like a one man show. A really good one man show.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G'town sucks but Wisconsin can only beat who is in front of them. Notched Badgers fault Oregon shit the bed

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK st state seems like a one man show. A really good one man show.

Evans is a stud, but Hammonds and Forte are solid, and I think Waters and McGriff will be good once they adjust to the college game. Aside from Kansas this is the best team we will face-that kind of talent and they are all Jr/Sr with a big inside prescience is tough to beat.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans is a stud, but Hammonds and Forte are solid, and I think Waters and McGriff will be good once they adjust to the college game. Aside from Kansas this is the best team we will face-that kind of talent and they are all Jr/Sr with a big inside prescience is tough to beat.
OK ST can score it so they'll win some games but they seem to need some work on the defensive end. If they can tighten that up they'll be a solid squad

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's GO WISCONSIN!

We have no chance. We're giving up like 16 turnovers a game and shooting 23% beyond the arc this year. Plus when teams double down low the badgers shit their pants. For some stupid reason Town decided not to double which is why we dominated. The only way we win is by being monsters on the boards but that can only happen vs the lesser opponents and not UNC. We should lose this by 15+.

BOOKED

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no chance. We're giving up like 16 turnovers a game and shooting 23% beyond the arc this year. Plus when teams double down low the badgers shit their pants. For some stupid reason Town decided not to double which is why we dominated. The only way we win is by being monsters on the boards but that can only happen vs the lesser opponents and not UNC. We should lose this by 15+.

BOOKED
The good thing is UNC probably won't double the post

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not are they stupid? Happ will destroy them if they don't.
I'd think UNC believes they've got the big to handle Happ. Doesn't mean they're right but I'd be surprised if they double

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think UNC believes they've got the big to handle Happ. Doesn't mean they're right but I'd be surprised if they double

Well GTown made that mistake. For me I would double every single time in the paint and force them to throw it back out side to anyone except Bronson. I still have no idea why Gard hasn't put in the 7 footer Van Vilet. I was watching him make 20 3 point jumpers in a row but no. We have to watch Vito Brown drop basic passes or the worst basketball player in the NCAA in #25 Alex miss every fucking wide open shot. I wish I went to this tournament, I would have a big sign saying PLEASE PLAY VAN.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well GTown made that mistake. For me I would double every single time in the paint and force them to throw it back out side to anyone except Bronson. I still have no idea why Gard hasn't put in the 7 footer Van Vilet. I was watching him make 20 3 point jumpers in a row but no. We have to watch Vito Brown drop basic passes or the worst basketball player in the NCAA in #25 Alex miss every fucking wide open shot. I wish I went to this tournament, I would have a big sign saying PLEASE PLAY VAN.
Well UNCS bigs are far better than Gtowns so I don't think it's crazy to try and single Happ. That said I'm sure if he starts to handle his business they'll probably double him. I can't imagine they start the game that way though unless th r you think they're going to get a lot of turnovers which usually I'd say no way but the Badgers have been wayyy looser with the ball than normal this year

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well UNCS bigs are far better than Gtowns so I don't think it's crazy to try and single Happ. That said I'm sure if he starts to handle his business they'll probably double him. I can't imagine they start the game that way though unless th r you think they're going to get a lot of turnovers which usually I'd say no way but the Badgers have been wayyy looser with the ball than normal this year

I think their coach is smart enough to make the double team adjustments if necessary. If we have 18 TO's like we did vs Creighton and Tennessee we lose this by 20+.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think their coach is smart enough to make the double team adjustments if necessary. If we have 18 TO's like we did vs Creighton and Tennessee we lose this by 20+.

This will be a tight game. The tar holes have size and are a -4 favorite. I expect that it will be within 7-8 points in regulation.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill shut up about Oregons new found attitude and just admit UCONN being hot garbage is a huge part of why Oregon looks unstoppable right now.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill shut up about Oregons new found attitude and just admit UCONN being hot garbage is a huge part of why Oregon looks unstoppable right now.
He has always been a mediocre color guy.