• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maui Invitation Tip Off Tournament

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego State has a defense that could win them any tournament game, but an offense that could lose them almost any tournament game.

If they can work on the offense they will be scary good

Not too worried about the offense, Kell is emerging as the pg this team needed to go with capable scorers in Shepard, Polee, and JJ. This team will go as far as their ft shooting takes them, if they shoot 70-75% from the line in March they can make the ff.....but it's a big if.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego State has a defense that could win them any tournament game, but an offense that could lose them almost any tournament game.

If they can work on the offense they will be scary good

And if they don't improve their offense, maybe they can all get on the same crew laying bricks after college. Lord knows they have experience.......

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone gives SDSU defense so much credit when ours at the very least is equal and most likely better. This game should not have been as close as it was. Refs like to make their presence known in Arizona games.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardiac type game for me. The one thing that pleased me very much.....83% free throws. Getting better all the time.

GO CATS! BEAR DOWN!

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone gives SDSU defense so much credit when ours at the very least is equal and most likely better. This game should not have been as close as it was. Refs like to make their presence known in Arizona games.

Pretty sure everyone knows Arizona has a great defense, they get the credit they deserve. Also, I get bad calls were made especially in the first half but bad calls happen in every game. You can't just say that without those calls AZ would have won easily.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure everyone knows Arizona has a great defense, they get the credit they deserve. Also, I get bad calls were made especially in the first half but bad calls happen in every game. You can't just say that without those calls AZ would have won easily.

We really don't like to complain about them refs. That's not our style but there were definately some bad calls in the first half and it changed the way we played. I mean both our guards, TJ and Gabe, played sparingly in the first half because of bs calls from the refs as to did our starting center. I get that the refs were trying to call the game tight right off the bat to gain control of the game but t seemed as though they were already calling fouls in their heads before the play even happened. Anyways, it is what it is. I thought it was a good game overall and I give SDSU lots of credit for the way they played. They attacked the basket and played solid D. It's a great west coast rivalry we have with them.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personal fouls were 19- 19. The refs had nothing to do with who won this game.
If SDSU wants to blame their loss on their free throw shooting, so be it. Practice free throws. :doh:

GO CATS! BEAR DOWN!

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the fouls really took some players out of the game. Would rather have seem them let the players play a little instead of calling so many fouls(would have helped us not have to take as many fts). I blame the game on ft shooting and sloppy play in the 2nd half leading to bad turnovers.