• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Kenseth suspended for 2 races

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, was not expecting this at all!!!! I thought fine, points, probation....maybe 1 race suspension but not 2 race. NASCAR making a huge statement, when your not in the Chase.....don't fuck with those who are.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it. Fuck Kenseth, I've never been a fan of him, even when he was driving the Lycos car in the Busch series.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needed to be parked. But in typical NASCAR fashion, they give a lesser penalty to Danica for the exact same bullshit. It never ceases to amaze me the ways NASCAR management can think of up to make themselves look even dumber than before.

Forget what's happened in the past. This was a golden opportunity to finally say from this point on, we're not tolerating any intentional wrecks. They get halfway there before pissing their pants again

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needed to be parked. But in typical NASCAR fashion, they give a lesser penalty to Danica for the exact same bullshit. It never ceases to amaze me the ways NASCAR management can think of up to make themselves look even dumber than before.

Forget what's happened in the past. This was a golden opportunity to finally say from this point on, we're not tolerating any intentional wrecks. They get halfway there before pissing their pants again
Meh, Kenseth affected not only the outcome of the race, but possibly the championship. Danica and Gilliland's fiasco affected the back of the pack.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, Kenseth affected not only the outcome of the race, but possibly the championship. Danica and Gilliland's fiasco affected the back of the pack.

Shouldn't matter and that's why NASCAR gets themselves in trouble. Penalize the action, not the outcome. That way its fair for everyone and there's no confusion or gray areas. The biggest complaint NASCAR gets is over the sanctity of its races and how "NASCAR manipulates outcomes" so they need to do everything they can to preserve a fair outcome of its races. Intentional wrecks violate that outcome and should be punished accordingly. Don't care if its a massive fine/points or parking, but it needs to be the same.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you don't punish Logano for what happened in Kansas it only makes sense that something like this will happen - and should happen.

Nascar created the crap with their bullshit chase format.

Just makes me glad I quit caring about the championship and quit watching during the chase. Maybe next year they'll atleast do that good package full time for the racing quality, but they'll probably fuck that up too.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you don't punish Logano for what happened in Kansas it only makes sense that something like this will happen - and should happen.

Just makes me glad I quit caring about the championship and quit watching during the chase. Maybe next year they'll atleast do that good package full time for the racing quality, but they'll probably fuck that up too.
I just don't see how Logano could be punished for Kansas. What happened at Kansas was more of a racing incident. Could Logano have wrecked Kenseth on purpose? Perhaps, but he used the bumper to move him out of the way and didn't make it look like a take out. Kenseth didn't even try to dump Logano at Martinsville, he just just got to the back of Logano and let the gas pedal do the rest.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how Logano could be punished for Kansas. What happened at Kansas was more of a racing incident. Could Logano have wrecked Kenseth on purpose? Perhaps, but he used the bumper to move him out of the way and didn't make it look like a take out. Kenseth didn't even try to dump Logano at Martinsville, he just just got to the back of Logano and let the gas pedal do the rest.

No way, Kenseth got hit from behind, that was 100% Logano and it was 100% on purpose.

Every driver at every level of racing probably knows it. At best you can say Logano was doing what he had to do because of the Nascar stupid rules, but "doing what you gotta do" is going to leave Matt Kenseth doing what he did.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching NBCSN and then hopped to Fox to watch both Nascar America and Racehub.

There were polls up on both websites, each relatively the same as far as % that showed people not in favor of Nascar's penalty. Conversely, nearly the same agreed that Danica should've been penalized the same.

73% said penalty too stiff.
65% said Danica deserved same penalty.

Fox interestingly at least had the balls to air those results, while NBC didn't even mention them much less show the results.

It shouldn't matter in my view. You have to be consistent or you're showing favoritism or at least the possibility of such and if you don't want that appearance, then you'd best go with consistency.

And this still doesn't address what's supposed to be the rule(s) for the first 20 races before the Chase even begins. Just utter stupidity from Nascar.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way, Kenseth got hit from behind, that was 100% Logano and it was 100% on purpose.

Every driver at every level of racing probably knows it. At best you can say Logano was doing what he had to do because of the Nascar stupid rules, but "doing what you gotta do" is going to leave Matt Kenseth doing what he did.

And why did Matt get hit from behind? Because he was blocking like crazy. I have said it before, blocking is fine but the one doing the blocker has to realize it comes with risks.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why did Matt get hit from behind? Because he was blocking like crazy. I have said it before, blocking is fine but the one doing the blocker has to realize it comes with risks.

It was not a block that caused the wreck though. He blocked before the wreck, the bottom line was open and Logano spun him.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not a block that caused the wreck though. He blocked before the wreck, the bottom line was open and Logano spun him.

Logano Knew what he was doing, when he hit him he turned to the right just a bit to intentionally wreck Matt.
This whole thing is just B.S. It was a pay back and the fans loved it.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well agree to disagree. But if I was in Logano's shoes and Kenseth ran me into the wall twice.......

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What Logano did in Kansas was fair racing. Kenseth blocked him too many times to count.
He was using his car as a sheild and the sheild took a hit.
Kenseth could not out drive him or out run him, it was nothing Earnhardt would not have done, without being blocked.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have a winner folks.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why was the bottom open? Because Matt had just blocked him high.
Why did Joey go high? because Matt had just blocked him low.
Why was Joey trying to go low...? mabe because he had just been blocked high.
And so on and so on and........

Matt Kenseth deserved it.
And I have alot of Kenseth memorabilia from his Roush days.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Logano did in Kansas was fair racing. Kenseth blocked him too many times to count.
He was using his car as a sheild and the sheild took a hit.
Kenseth could not out drive him or out run him, it was nothing Earnhardt would not have done, without being blocked.

You're wrong and every driver at almost every level of the sport knows it.

Logano got what he deserved and had coming.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was the bottom open? Because Matt had just blocked him high.
Why did Joey go high? because Matt had just blocked him low.
Why was Joey trying to go low...? mabe because he had just been blocked high.
And so on and so on and........

Matt Kenseth deserved it.
And I have alot of Kenseth memorabilia from his Roush days.

Problem is you are full of shit. Matt didn't change lines after the front straight. He wasn't blocking when he was wrecked.