• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

marty gone?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fire & Ice - Brodeur preparing for likely move to new team for what will ?probably? be his final NHL season

i dont get him. i know he wants to play more then 20 games ok fine but you admit this is going to be your final year? you "jip" the jersey fans that have supported you from a legitimate final season "fair well tour" because you want to play more games?

your going to go sign with whoever and when you play your final game you going to go skate around the rink of fans that you've played for for 30 games? thats beyond weak!

even if he does get more starts with another team how many more is it going to be then he in jersey where he would get 22.

just accept the lesser role and accept your not as good as you use to be. other teams would only show remote interest and use him to sell tickets as his "away tour".

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the behind the scenes drama is even remotely true he's playing alimony out the ass. I guess it's possible in contract negotiations he'll make more if he's a starting goaltender as opposed to splitting time or being a backup? I dunno. He could just be too stubborn to accept the backup role, we really don't know.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah right, I'll believe it when I see it; actually, not even then.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the behind the scenes drama is even remotely true he's playing alimony out the ass. I guess it's possible in contract negotiations he'll make more if he's a starting goaltender as opposed to splitting time or being a backup? I dunno. He could just be too stubborn to accept the backup role, we really don't know.

but isn't one of his kids 18? isn't that when that stuff stops? luckily i dont have to worry about that stuff lol

dooobeeee better hope he doesn't sign with the pens

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree with doobeedoobeedoo also one of my favorite nhl commercials lol

thats when commercials were good! little known fact johnny knoxville is in one of those commercials

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the one where the calls were coming from inside the house. Good times.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats when commercials were good! little known fact johnny knoxville is in one of those commercials

Was he really I am going to have to find that one. To be honest the only place I would gave even thought Marty would consider playing other than NJ was Montreal because of his father. But they have put a lot into Price

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota could be a great choice for Marty. Kuemper is good but still young and who knows with Harding when it comes to his MS.

They're really the only playoff team from this year that he could start more then 35-40 times on. Montreal would be ideal but Price is a guy who can start 70.

Just not a lot of contenders out there that would give Marty a lot of playing time. Its not like we have a solid backup that can spell Cory 20 times a year. Is anyone here excited about seeing Kincaid 20 times? Im not.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montreal would be special for him but everyone knows price is starting. Minnesota would be an interesting choice reunited with parise. Colorado may be interesting playing for Patrick Roy and they are not that far off.Calgary would be in interesting one since they passed on him for Kidd. I could see him going for a Canadian team to finish out his career

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but isn't one of his kids 18? isn't that when that stuff stops? luckily i dont have to worry about that stuff lol

dooobeeee better hope he doesn't sign with the pens

Child support ends...alimony never unless she remarries...and why would she?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha those commercials were awesome. Way back when Marty was a youngin. Ahhh memories :suds:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I don't see Marty going anywhere. I can't think of a goalie in NHL history whose legacy is so intertwined with a single franchise. If I'm Marty, I would rather retire than leave the Devils.

BTW I don't see Marty retiring this year either . He'll be back with the Devils, 99.99999% sure of it.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah i agree he would be stupid to leave and i dont think he will leave

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i agree he would be stupid to leave and i dont think he will leave

I hope he stays (and I think he will), it would be a crying shame if he left. Just as impressive as his records is how he's done it all with 1 franchise.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remains to be seen. I could see it either way at this point. I think there is a big part of him that wonders what it would be like to play for another team. It's not like he has another chance to do it this late in his career.

But at the same time, his words to the media about going into free agency and basically all but saying he will leave the Devils could be a ploy to get more money out of Lou. I don't know, and only Marty does.

But Cup, you made a great point about stealing the chance at a farewell season in NJ with the Devils. Not that I promote the stuff that Jeter and Mo did with the Yankees (and I'm a Yankee fan), but they do deserve the recognition. Marty would too. However, he has said before he wasn't interested in having a farewell season like they did, which isn't surprising given the way he has carried himself over the years. That being said, I'm sure he knows that it wouldn't be much of a farewell tour with a team he's been with for one year, and maybe that is his hope.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I heard from an insider that if he doesn't stay with the Devils he's looking at Chi, Pitt, or one of the Florida teams. No clue why he would be interested in baking up Lou in Florida, but that's that I heard.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Remains to be seen. I could see it either way at this point. I think there is a big part of him that wonders what it would be like to play for another team. It's not like he has another chance to do it this late in his career.

But at the same time, his words to the media about going into free agency and basically all but saying he will leave the Devils could be a ploy to get more money out of Lou. I don't know, and only Marty does.

But Cup, you made a great point about stealing the chance at a farewell season in NJ with the Devils. Not that I promote the stuff that Jeter and Mo did with the Yankees (and I'm a Yankee fan), but they do deserve the recognition. Marty would too. However, he has said before he wasn't interested in having a farewell season like they did, which isn't surprising given the way he has carried himself over the years. That being said, I'm sure he knows that it wouldn't be much of a farewell tour with a team he's been with for one year, and maybe that is his hope.

i dont buy that with marty and not wanting a farewell tour. we all know he is crazy about his stats. his final year is mainly because he wants 700 wins and another cup would be nice too to put him on the same level with roy's total. he wants his recognition and everyone of us devil fans knew that this past season wasn't going to be his last. so now to take away a farewell tour is beyond lame on his part.

hell if he wanted that 4th cup so bad maybe he shouldn't have let jeff carter beat him with a weak wrister in game 2 of the cup finals in 2012.