• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn Lynch under investigation for assault

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Seahawks fan with half a brain said anything on the Kaepernick issue. The only hilarious thing was the fact he was with a Seattle WR (former maybe? can't remember) and some of the jokes on it.

I even personally said on these forums it was a non-story and the stupid chick was just looking to get paid.

I made a point to stop by the 49ers board to say I thought the whole r*pe allegation was a non-story before coming here to the general board and ruthlessly mocking Kaepernick. I guess they don't understand that we were joking.:noidea:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When going Beast Mode goes wrong.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep didn't r*pe but I'm sure he smoked weed and nothing came of that

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep didn't r*pe but I'm sure he smoked weed and nothing came of that

Writing that you're "sure" doesn't mean that you are. I'll go with the league's testing policy, the results of which have led to numerous player suspensions.

aka50

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, if anything at all is found to be true in the story, then he will get some suspension time.

He has a history of "stuff" happening to him since his rookie year. The guns in the car in California, the guilty plea to a hit and run in Buffalo at 3:30 in the morning in the bar district of the city, the DUI last year and now this. Goodell will not let this pass.

He just happens to be a heck of a player, so the Seahawks will say all the right things and that will be that. Nothing new there. all teams do it.

I really don't think he is a bad guy, he just cannot stop himself from doing stupid stuff.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Writing that you're "sure" doesn't mean that you are. I'll go with the league's testing policy, the results of which have led to numerous player suspensions.

come on dude you know the league's policy is diddly doo. Sure a little penalty here and there but they only make major so called examples of small time guys if at all. If the media doesn't leak about an incident,they don't care.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, if anything at all is found to be true in the story, then he will get some suspension time.

He has a history of "stuff" happening to him since his rookie year. The guns in the car in California, the guilty plea to a hit and run in Buffalo at 3:30 in the morning in the bar district of the city, the DUI last year and now this. Goodell will not let this pass.

He just happens to be a heck of a player, so the Seahawks will say all the right things and that will be that. Nothing new there. all teams do it.

I really don't think he is a bad guy, he just cannot stop himself from doing stupid stuff.

LOL

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on dude you know the league's policy is diddly doo. Sure a little penalty here and there but they only make major so called examples of small time guys if at all. If the media doesn't leak about an incident,they don't care.

So Von Miller was a little guy after finishing runner-up for DPOY?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it turns out he punched some ole broad in the face im gonna lose my shit.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Von Miller was a little guy after finishing runner-up for DPOY?

missing 6 games doesn't mean crap.
and I mean that in a real world sense. Dont give me the 'its so important in a football season' speech. They still made the SB didn't they ?

something just leaked and they handled it. He wont stop smoking and nothing further will happen to him.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. That's why Darryl Washington, one of the top linebackers in the league, got suspended for a year. Keep reaching dude.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. That's why Darryl Washington, one of the top linebackers in the league, got suspended for a year. Keep reaching dude.

The suspension is for a violation of the league’s substance abuse policy, the same reason Washington was suspended last year, and unrelated to Washington’s recent plea bargain for an assault charge. The suspension begins immediately

unrelated to an assault charge ? well that ups the anti and I don't know if they are just talking about weed or other drugs ?

LOL that said you aren't seeing the larger picture.
they are weakening the NFC west on purpose.

Seattle defenders wont be allowed to push people around.
-they might suspend Lynch for a while
-SF = Aldon Smith
-Cardinals=Daryl Washington

they are setting it up so when these teams don't do well youll balme these actions.

But they have to make sure Seattle isn't strong. They wont let the Cards be in a home field super bowl.
Got to keep SF from having a defensive advantage and making it easier for the Giants to beat these teams.

interestingly enough, the Saints only play SF this year and not Seattle

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks call assault accusation involving Marshawn Lynch 'bogus' - ESPN
RENTON, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks sent out a one-sentence statement Tuesday saying they believe the alleged assault accusation involving running back Marshawn Lynch is "bogus."

The Seahawks said they believe the alleged assault accusation involving Marshawn Lynch is "bogus."
"While we maintain the utmost respect for the investigative process, after speaking with Marshawn, we are comfortable these accusations are bogus," the statement read.

/endthread

No way the Seahawks front office releases such a statement before the investigation is over unless they are pretty damned sure Lynch is not going to be charged with anything.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no shit, they aren't going to stop looking into something because of the Seahawks, but they wouldn't put that out if they didn't seriously believe nothing was there. They wouldn't risk the egg on their faces.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams have tried in the past to support the player and it back fired. Last year the Broncos had Von Miller's back and kept saying they thought he would be cleared of his suspension to only find out he had tampered with the sample and was looking at possibly being suspended for the year not just the 6 games he got.

I would say though most of these stories have more smoke than actual fire so I doubt much happens.

aka50

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks call assault accusation involving Marshawn Lynch 'bogus' - ESPN

/endthread

No way the Seahawks front office releases such a statement before the investigation is over unless they are pretty damned sure Lynch is not going to be charged with anything.
Maybe. They said the assault charge was bogus. That is what I took from it. The damaged property thing? That could still be out there.

He beat the DUI rap by pleading guilty to reckless driving which kept him from a league suspension for substance abuse. But I would not rule something out just yet.

The NFL is not looking to start the season with the image of our guys can get away with anything. Right or wrong, that's the way it is.

aka50

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams have tried in the past to support the player and it back fired. Last year the Broncos had Von Miller's back and kept saying they thought he would be cleared of his suspension to only find out he had tampered with the sample and was looking at possibly being suspended for the year not just the 6 games he got.

I would say though most of these stories have more smoke than actual fire so I doubt much happens.
Teams support players that THEY NEED because they are that good.

The league is not about reforming anybody, it is about is the reward worth the risk. If you are worth the risk, then they think of things to say that make it sound like they are interested in the players welfare.

That stuff is truly " All Bogus."

aka50

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never forget a players contract is a big part of it all. How much have you paid a guy already, and how much do you still owe him in guaranteed money if you were to cut him?

Lynch could commit at least three felonies right now and the team would weave their way through it all. It is a business and that new contract buys a lot of " family care" from any team.