• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn Lynch: Remember him?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans know all too well that Denver is the AFC #1 seed. No question about them being a fine team.
Most of us are confident that Seattle will win this match.
I am confident as well. SF concerned me more than Denver.

I'm sure that is meaningful ... to someone, somewhere!

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it was!

Am pretty sure there are a ton of people out there that consider San Fran a better team the Denver, i guess acting surprised is either a ruse to get fence sitters to think thats crazy, or, you only disagree.

Stop feigning surprise, it only makes you look like a passive aggressive girl.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am pretty sure there are a ton of people out there that consider San Fran a better team the Denver, i guess acting surprised is either a ruse to get fence sitters to think thats crazy, or, you only disagree.

Stop feigning surprise, it only makes you look like a passive agreesive girl.

Stop typing ... it only makes you look like a fucking idiot. LMAO at "a ton of people consider SF better" ... like that means shit!

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop typing ... it only makes you look like a fucking idiot. LMAO at "a ton of people consider SF better" ... like that means shit!

Something you may wish to consider? Their opinion means as much as yours.

:laugh3:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something you may wish to consider? Their opinion means as much as yours.

:laugh3:

What's funny about that? I'm not stupid enough to think that someone's opinion about who will win affects the outcome, nor am I stupid enough to say that the only way one team wins is if the refs favor that team or the other team comes out flat. I'm also not stupid enough to think that offensive or defensive rankings will determine which team wins. Rather,as I posted above, I've seen enough of both teams to know that both are good and that I won't be surprised by either team winning.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be advised, Denver hasn't faced a D anything close to what Seattle will bring. We have faced 5 top 8 D's this year. Denver, 1 top 7 IIRC.

Seattle over all didn't face an offense worth a damn either all year. In all honesty I believe their defense is overrated do to the totals and ranks of the teams they played.

they only played 2 quality QBs and offenses all year.

Now, one of the greatest analytical passers has 2 weeks to dissect them....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle over all didn't face an offense worth a damn either all year. In all honesty I believe their defense is overrated do to the totals and ranks of the teams they played.

Weren't you touting the niner offense last week? Or was that midnight?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already acknowledged that both teams are good and that I won't be surprised be either team winning. My post that you quoted is a reply to posts by a Seahawk homer who claimed that a Denver win is only possible if (a) the refs favor Denver or (b) Seattle is flat. :rollseyes:

Yes, and my point was how is that unexpected? Every fan base has fans that believe they cannot be beaten. Comes with the territory and isn't unique to any one team. Hell, we just sent a team full of those packing.

I think it will be a close game and have already said if I had to put my mortgage on it I'd probably lean Denver's way since our team has been making too many unforced errors for my comfort lately, but I have ZERO problems with any of my fellow Seahawk fans thinking this thing is in the bag. Why should that matter to anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and my point was how is that unexpected? Every fan base has fans that believe they cannot be beaten. Comes with the territory and isn't unique to any one team. Hell, we just sent a team full of those packing.

I think it will be a close game and have already said if I had to put my mortgage on it I'd probably lean Denver's way since our team has been making too many unforced errors for my comfort lately, but I have ZERO problems with any of my fellow Seahawk fans thinking this thing is in the bag. Why should that matter to anyone else?

I can't really say that it "should" bother me, but it does offend my sensibility to read that the Broncos can't win unless the refs favor them or Seattle is flat, since blah, blah, blah. Makes me wonder how much football a person who writes such crap has ever even watched.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really say that it "should" bother me, but it does offend my sensibility to read that the Broncos can't win unless the refs favor them or Seattle is flat, since blah, blah, blah. Makes me wonder how much football a person who writes such crap has ever even watched.

Shall I go gather a few quotes of either bronco fans or fans of neither who have assured us there is no possible way Seattle wins it? I can assure you I'm not bothered by it, nor do I take it personally. We are all just fans of teams who play a game. We can be wrong and some can be right, but neither effect the outcome of what happens on the field. Smack talk and chest thumping are natural and are a vital part of the game for many.

You can tell them they are crazy, but no need to take it so personally. If Denver is to win there isn't anything said here that will change that and isn't that all that matters?

Just like it doesn't change things that 90% of the country wants Denver (or really just Manning) to win this game. Being the massive underdog doesn't bother me and in fact means they have less pressure on them and more incentive so why wouldn't I want that?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gawd we had a kush schedule this year. I really appreciate the 5 10am starts. Don't Easterners object and win against that? We got more gifts than anyone thius year. The refs even liked us enough to wave their flags at us more than anyone this year.
That was all real easy stuff to overcome this year.
So the teams we played had no offense worth a damn huh? A lot of that is because we make them look bad.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans know all too well that Denver is the AFC #1 seed. No question about them being a fine team.

Oh no he di'nt! This calls for another wager thread, where we put our avatars on the line.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be advised, Denver hasn't faced a D anything close to what Seattle will bring. We have faced 5 top 8 D's this year. Denver, 1 top 7 IIRC.

So what stat are you going by for this? Total defense because I think most on here really total defense is about one of the worst stats out there for how a defense actually is. Now if we start looking at points Broncos plays 8 games against teams in the top 12 for points allowed. In those games they put up 28 or more points all but this last game against New England where they went into the 4th quarter with a 23-3 lead so they let off the gas. They averaged about 33 points in those games.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also pretty sure many of us Bronco fans felt about the same way after the NE game. They worried me more because of the passing attack they have and being a more balanced team plus throw in having the best coach in football on their side.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what stat are you going by for this? Total defense because I think most on here really total defense is about one of the worst stats out there for how a defense actually is. Now if we start looking at points Broncos plays 8 games against teams in the top 12 for points allowed. In those games they put up 28 or more points all but this last game against New England where they went into the 4th quarter with a 23-3 lead so they let off the gas. They averaged about 33 points in those games.

No, it's about a team that wants to throw 35+ times into the best secondary in the league. The pass rush has been really good lately too and we don't have to worry about Manning breaking contain.

The Broncos haven't played a defense this physical since they played this same defense in the preseason. I seem to remember both teams taking it pretty seriously in the 1st half with the Broncos offense crying when the Seahawks were roughing them up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's about a team that wants to throw 35+ times into the best secondary in the league. The pass rush has been really good lately too and we don't have to worry about Manning breaking contain.

The Broncos haven't played a defense this physical since they played this same defense in the preseason. I seem to remember both teams taking it pretty seriously in the 1st half with the Broncos offense crying when the Seahawks were roughing them up.

Hmmm guess we saw that game completely different. The Broncos after the game talked about how they were trying a few new things to see how they would actually work for the season and decided they weren't going to work. So what they used in that game has been thrown out all season. Kind of what teams like to do in the preseason is try a few new things and see how they will do. Plus if I remember right the Broncos were having some fumbling problems in that game but were having no problem driving down the field.

I agree this will be the best defense this team has faced but as all have been saying this is the best offense the Seahawks will have faced as well. Throw in the team from preseason is not the same one of today. They have a different starting RB (has only fumbled once all year), Welker and J. Thomas have more time with Peyton to build timing, and the style that we run now is completely different than that of the preseason. I can't believe we are talking about preseason right now as a measuring stick for these two teams.

Now when it comes to the rough play quite a few of us were a little upset about the hit on Wolfe. That is the only physical play I remember from that game.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm guess we saw that game completely different. The Broncos after the game talked about how they were trying a few new things to see how they would actually work for the season and decided they weren't going to work. So what they used in that game has been thrown out all season. Kind of what teams like to do in the preseason is try a few new things and see how they will do. Plus if I remember right the Broncos were having some fumbling problems in that game but were having no problem driving down the field.

I agree this will be the best defense this team has faced but as all have been saying this is the best offense the Seahawks will have faced as well. Throw in the team from preseason is not the same one of today. They have a different starting RB (has only fumbled once all year), Welker and J. Thomas have more time with Peyton to build timing, and the style that we run now is completely different than that of the preseason. I can't believe we are talking about preseason right now as a measuring stick for these two teams.

Now when it comes to the rough play quite a few of us were a little upset about the hit on Wolfe. That is the only physical play I remember from that game.

And the same goes for the other side. With the suspensions at our corners/injuries at lber we've had other guys get significant playing time in big games and they've shown that they could start on just about any team in the league.

There's also more to stopping the running game than stopping Lynch. You also have to worry about contain on Wilson and Harvin's going to be playing as well. There's a reason that the Seahawks opened as favorites, and that's because they stack up very well against the Broncos. The one thing that the Broncos actually do better than the Seahawks plays right into the Seahawks biggest strength. Throwing the ball into a defense that lives off of turnovers is a very risky proposition.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the same goes for the other side. With the suspensions at our corners/injuries at lber we've had other guys get significant playing time in big games and they've shown that they could start on just about any team in the league.

There's also more to stopping the running game than stopping Lynch. You also have to worry about contain on Wilson and Harvin's going to be playing as well. There's a reason that the Seahawks opened as favorites, and that's because they stack up very well against the Broncos. The one thing that the Broncos actually do better than the Seahawks plays right into the Seahawks biggest strength. Throwing the ball into a defense that lives off of turnovers is a very risky proposition.

We shall see...there is a reason that line for Seattle lasted only 18 minutes in Vegas. People seem to think Peyton will do just fine against this pass defense. Again I have no clue how it will play out. I'm not one that thinks the Seahawks have no chance. Obviously being a Bronco fan I like the Broncos chances but it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Seattle be successful and win.