• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marlins and Rangers go at it July 24-26

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Beltre goes into any of the weekend games needing just 1 hit for 3K, I've decided I'm going to that game.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of cheap tickets next year!

I'm not sure about cheap. But the availability is going up for sure.

The Ticket just reported the Rangers have decided to trade Darvish if the right deal is offered.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad truth is the Rangers HAVE to trade Yu Darvish. He is the best free agent pitcher the Rangers have ever signed, the closest thing this team has had to a true ace in the JD era with some of the best stuff you'll ever see (sure he walks too many batters but nobody's perfect), and has been a financial and publicity boon to this franchise.

But this pitching starved franchise has bungled so many deals of late and put such a putrid anemic offense on the field that business sense says he has to be traded.

I hope JD reverses his recent course and does some real magic with the return we will get on Darvish.

Having said that, the day he is traded will be a very sad day for the Rangers. He likely would not have re-signed here anyway due to obvious reasons (contract demands, mismanaged personnel, chances of winning a WS), but I for one will really miss having Yu Darvish on my team. Overall it is a massive organizational failure.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad truth is the Rangers HAVE to trade Yu Darvish. He is the best free agent pitcher the Rangers have ever signed, the closest thing this team has had to a true ace in the JD era with some of the best stuff you'll ever see (sure he walks too many batters but nobody's perfect), and has been a financial and publicity boon to this franchise.

But this pitching starved franchise has bungled so many deals of late and put such a putrid anemic offense on the field that business sense says he has to be traded.

I hope JD reverses his recent course and does some real magic with the return we will get on Darvish.

Well stated.

SI's Dan Szymbroski feels the same as you and I.

i
Texas Rangers: While the O's are heading toward what will necessarily be a full rebuild, the Rangers face a strong argument for some kind of retooling due to off-the-field factors. With Yu Darvish a free agent after the season and his return to Texas uncertain, it's hard to argue that the team should hang on to him in a market in which he'll attract a lot of interest -- and some potentially excellent offers. The Houston Astros have essentially already eliminated Texas' path to the playoffs in the division, so while a team like the Royals also can get to the playoffs by winning the division or nabbing a wild-card spot, the Rangers can only realistically go for the less valuable wild card. Does a one-and-done postseason really rate against the potential payoff from trading Darvish or some of their other veterans? No, it does not.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops.....Actually Szymbroski is with ESPN.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Beltre goes into any of the weekend games needing just 1 hit for 3K, I've decided I'm going to that game.

That's a good goal. Hope it works out for ya.

Take your son (s). It'll be something for all of ya to remember for the rest of days.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good goal. Hope it works out for ya.

Take your son (s). It'll be something for all of ya to remember for the rest of days.

Don't have kids :suds:

Would have loved the chance to take my old man, as Beltre was his favorite player.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joey is in LF.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the DMN.

The Rangers are starting to notify more teams they are willing to discuss potential trades for their veteran players, a major league source said Tuesday.

It is not a dramatic change from the club's posture over the past 10 days, but could pave the way for the Rangers to trade Yu Darvish ahead of Monday's trade deadline. Darvish is scheduled to start again Wednesday for the Rangers against Miami.

The Rangers, according to league sources, have been willing to listen when teams have called, but have had more of a wait-and-see approach, particularly with veteran position players who can be free agents at the end of the year. The group includes Mike Napoli, Jonathan Lucroy and Carlos Gomez. While there is interest in those players, they are not expected to bring a windfall of talent.

The group of available veterans does not, however, include Adrian Beltre. The Rangers have given clubs no impression that they will trade him. Due to service time rules, Beltre also would have the ability to veto any trade. In order for the Rangers to even consider dealing him, he would likely have to indicate a willingness to be traded.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have kids :suds:

Would have loved the chance to take my old man, as Beltre was his favorite player.
Wow what a great thing to say honoring your dad. Made me feel good.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the DMN.

The Rangers are starting to notify more teams they are willing to discuss potential trades for their veteran players, a major league source said Tuesday.

It is not a dramatic change from the club's posture over the past 10 days, but could pave the way for the Rangers to trade Yu Darvish ahead of Monday's trade deadline. Darvish is scheduled to start again Wednesday for the Rangers against Miami.

The Rangers, according to league sources, have been willing to listen when teams have called, but have had more of a wait-and-see approach, particularly with veteran position players who can be free agents at the end of the year. The group includes Mike Napoli, Jonathan Lucroy and Carlos Gomez. While there is interest in those players, they are not expected to bring a windfall of talent.

The group of available veterans does not, however, include Adrian Beltre. The Rangers have given clubs no impression that they will trade him. Due to service time rules, Beltre also would have the ability to veto any trade. In order for the Rangers to even consider dealing him, he would likely have to indicate a willingness to be traded.
Wish we hear some names bandied about from the other side so we kinda know what we'll expect coming back. But this will come down till the last second from the last hour.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish we hear some names bandied about from the other side so we kinda know what we'll expect coming back. But this will come down till the last second from the last hour.
The Dodgers rumor had some names and looking at those guys that possibility sounded pretty good.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers rumor had some names and looking at those guys that possibility sounded pretty good.
I'd settle on just Buellar and Verbugo if Dodgers were willing to part with those. Either way it may come down to the Dodgers and Cubs, Yankees look like to get Gray.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd settle on just Buellar and Verbugo if Dodgers were willing to part with those. Either way it may come down to the Dodgers and Cubs, Yankees look like to get Gray.
I know very little about prospects but I do know HOF'ers were once prospects. I'll go with what we get and hope for the best.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cordell with an OPS of .855 at AAA so far this year along with 9 SB. Good to see that he is doing so well.