• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Sanchez appreciation thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway acquires Sanchez to prove to the 9ers he is not desperate for a QB. What does he get?>- a QB with the same rating last year and for his career as the Legendary Brock Osweiler. He is sweating the 9ers out - IMO.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway acquires Sanchez to prove to the 9ers he is not desperate for a QB. What does he get?>- a QB with the same rating last year and for his career as the Legendary Brock Osweiler. He is sweating the 9ers out - IMO.
And a QB that the HC of the 9ers once traded for...

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I`ll bet ya DT and Sanders and company did back flips when they heard this news!!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I`ll bet ya DT and Sanders and company did back flips when they heard this news!!!

Now you should have to wipe the beer off my computer screen.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell ya what - I am fine with this move ..

Two years ago when Nick Foles went down, Sanchez played fantastic and led the Eagles into the playoffs - just what a good back up does ...

Going back to his stint with the Jets : two NFC championship games in successive seasons and that was with the pedestrian Brian Schottenheimer as OC ( ... not a fan of Schottenheimer )

Whether Sanchez is here as a back up or as trade bait for Kap, we cannot judge this move until things become more clear ..

I also think over the course of his career Sanchez has been somewhat unfairly bashed because of his borderline celebrity status - I know the GQ magazine pics and the headbands did not go over well here in NJ with fans and the media ..

He's a great back up, and if need be, under Kubiak, he'll be a good guy to start some games

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't thought about Sanchez as trade bait back to the 9ers, but it makes some sense to me.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez has gone into Indy vs Manning and Foxboro vs Brady in the playoffs and won

Everyone has an opinion, but if you know anything about the NFL, you can see that Sanchez has a chance to be very productive in Kubiak's system ..

( edit - you've got to go to youtube to watch this )

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting story - never heard this before, but it paints the picture of how much - or how little - we should believe:

The Broncos have some history with Sanchez. About a week prior to the 2009 NFL Draft, Broncos' freshly hired head coach Josh McDaniels arranged to visit with Sanchez on the USC, sparking speculation he would select the quarterback with his No. 12 overall draft pick. McDaniels wound up falling ill and couldn't attend the visit and instead sent general manager Brian Xanders and offensive coordinator Mike McCoy.

McDaniels might have found a way to make it had he actually had intention of taking Sanchez. The visit, as it turned out, was a smokescreen that worked as the New York Jets jumped from No. 17 to No. 5 to take the Trojan quarterback. McDaniels selected running back Knowshon Moreno at No. 12. Then Tampa Bay jumped over the Broncos from No. 19 to No. 17 to take quarterback Josh Freeman.

Again, the Broncos weren't taking a quarterback. Content with Kyle Orton, the Broncos took defensive end Robert Ayers at No. 18.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez will be a stop gap if he starts. There is worse, but not exciting by any means. He did win 2 playoffs games for the Jets with a similar team as we have in Denver right now. (Trying to stay positive here)

4 actually... Won 2 each year. Both times got them to the AFC championship game. If you want the one good thing on him that is it. The D was why they were a playoff team, but his play in those two post-seasons is a big reason why they won games when they got there. Really small sample size of games, but he was really good and really clutch there. Like a switch flipped or something...

Put it this way, he has the highest post-season QB rating ever by an AFC QB with at least 100 pass attempts. Not Ben, Marino, Manning, Brady, Flacco, Elway etc... Sanchez...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty clear to me that we are looking to draft a QB early in the draft this year.

We aren't willing to give up a high pick for Kapernick and Mike Glennon another QB who we have been linked to would apparently cost us a 3rd rd pick according to Tampa Bay. We aren't willing to give up a high pick for a QB because A. That could be the pick we use on a QB B. Why give up a top 3 round pick to just end up drafting a QB anyway?

Be ready!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty clear to me that we are looking to draft a QB early in the draft this year.

We aren't willing to give up a high pick for Kapernick and Mike Glennon another QB who we have been linked to would apparently cost us a 3rd rd pick according to Tampa Bay. We aren't willing to give up a high pick for a QB because A. That could be the pick we use on a QB B. Why give up a top 3 round pick to just end up drafting a QB anyway?

Be ready!

I think certainly - the Broncos would rather have Kap -than draft a QB with a top pick. You are the world champions - who won a title with the number 30 QB efficiency in the league. This team doesn't have the need to pay a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady in their prime to play on it. It needs a QB that functions like a point guard on the basketball court. He hands off, he's a threat to run and can hit short passes with a high accuracy rate - and for a cherry on top - has the arm and accuracy to throw the bomb and make a big play.

I'm guessing from Elway's point of view too - the top QBs in the draft this year are not Andrew Lucks, or Peyton Mannings - IMO they are guys who will have to spend just as much time training as the raw skilled mid- round guy with athleticism.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say trading for butt fumble is showing you are somewhat desperate.
I wonder how sanchises first 7 games compared to oz. (Here it is: 5 TD 12 INT 4-3 record) .

You're assuming Brock has hit his ceiling I don't think you can say that right now. Dirty is on his 3rd team.
I think ppl are trying hard to rationalize the QB situation which "right now maybe better tomorrow" is a dumpster fire.

Plus if you have 3 nicknames that's probably not good.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,966.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an interesting pic on FB of a Grizzly Adams-ish Brett Favre:

Caption: Hey, Denver.....all ya gotta do is call me!!!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,966.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sanchez was acquired to be a backup and that's a safe bet considering you only gave up a 7th rounder to get him....that's okay. But, who are they getting to start?

Fitzpatrick is going to want more now knowing their situation and he's a serious downgrade to either Manning or Osweiler. Fitz is a game manager and he throws a lot of INT's for a game manager.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,966.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you have Fitz and Sanchez as your main QB's they'd go 10-6 or so and 1st round exit. Even with that defense.

10-6 means my Raiders would be right there with y'all for the AFC West title. We're gonna be a lot better and super excited for the season. Good pickups so far and we still have a little cash to spend and the draft to look forward to.