• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Sanchez appreciation thread

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say 50/50 he get's cut . Lynch's numbers tell me he is not ready . I say we keep him short of the right QB available in FA..

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,766.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas will probably swoop in and pick him up if Denver releases him.....they need a veteran backup behind the rookie.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Broncos keep Sanchez on the bench in fear of him getting nicked/injured - which would have created a financial issue when he is released ??

Yes

He's as good as gone IMHO, which is unfortunate, as he gave it all he had

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Broncos keep Sanchez on the bench in fear of him getting nicked/injured - which would have created a financial issue when he is released ??

Yes

He's as good as gone IMHO, which is unfortunate, as he gave it all he had

That is something I heard discussed of why they kept him on the bench. If you are planning on trading/cutting a player then no reason to play them and all of a sudden they fake an injury and in Sanchez's case he would get the entire $4.5 million.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Lucas has a good point to why he never played. It makes full sense to me.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who backs up Paxton Lynch in the last pre-season game? The new QB ought to be in by then.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw one post stating Lynch would play all 4 qtrs ? That would be huge mistake imo. Denver is in kind of a Qb quandary here.You have big game in what, 13 days? You don't want to risk any injuries to starters or your potential franchise Qb and don't want to risk trade value/ injury to Sanchez either. Wonder if they can find way to have game forfeited ! ;) This is a preseason game that has potential ugly written all over it in Denver's situation.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw one post stating Lynch would play all 4 qtrs ? That would be huge mistake imo. Denver is in kind of a Qb quandary here.You have big game in what, 13 days? You don't want to risk any injuries to starters or your potential franchise Qb and don't want to risk trade value/ injury to Sanchez either. Wonder if they can find way to have game forfeited ! ;) This is a preseason game that has potential ugly written all over it in Denver's situation.
PS...I would sign fa qb, anyone. Play him, cut him and then cut Sanchez and grab a vet after that. :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch needs all the game time action he can right now for real life experience. I tink it is the chance you have to take to get him the experience.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch needs all the game time action he can right now for real life experience. I tink it is the chance you have to take to get him the experience.
Right. Risk your back up/ potential starter if Simian fails or gets hurt while putting guys protecting him that many might not make final roster just to give him experience in a very meaningless game. Ok. Got it. Thanks DC. :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion. Looks like the coaching staff agrees with it. Which is very typical for a rookie QB to get the last PS game to pick up as much real time game knowledge he can.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning the Super Bowl last year and knowing eventually that J.D.R. wasn't the answer as defensive coordinator and Fox wasn't the coach needed to put the Broncos over the top gives me more then enough faith in the Broncos coaching staff and front office in there decision of who plays QB in there final preseason game. Injuries can happen in practice as well but they still have to practice. Can't be scared. GL to Lynch. Hopefully he plays well. Peace.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion. Looks like the coaching staff agrees with it. Which is very typical for a rookie QB to get the last PS game to pick up as much real time game knowledge he can.
True. If your rookie qb isn't in position to have to be your starter wks 2. Look, I know Denver is in a pickle here in this preseason game and doesn't really have a lot of options at this point so odds are he has to but don't think it's because they want to give him "extra" game time experience, they don't have much option and I believe they don't like it either.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is... They need to get a good look. They need to know what they have if Siemian struggles or goes down. The way Lynch plays in this final PS game could determine how short the leash is on Siemian. Or what route we go with a backup QB. Gotta do it.

If Lynch suffers a gut wrenching injury then we won't be cutting Dirty Sanchez. It really isn't a bad situation to play him the entire game. As an organization you have to do it.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is... They need to get a good look. They need to know what they have if Siemian struggles or goes down. The way Lynch plays in this final PS game could determine how short the leash is on Siemian. Or what route we go with a backup QB. Gotta do it.

If Lynch suffers a gut wrenching injury then we won't be cutting Dirty Sanchez. It really isn't a bad situation to play him the entire game. As an organization you have to do it.
I understand your point IF he was getting reps with the ones at least for a qtr or two , but if my memory serves me, very sceptical, that Kubes said he was not playing starters. BUT...... maybe because of this dilemma, he changes his mind at least on O side of ball to give Lynch some quality reps with those guys against what's sure to be a scaled down Arizona D. I could understand and appreciate that more.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak was quoted saying

"Lynch will play QB for all 4 quarters this week. He needs as many reps as he can get"

Sounds to me like he seems Lynch as a possibility early in the season if Siemian struggles and thinks every rep he gets will only prepare him for the challenge if it occurs. Don't blame him one bit. I'd do the same thing.

We contacted Dallas about Sanchez. They have no interest without a paycut.