• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariota combine thread

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to throw!

He did interviews and to no surprise he totally owned it. Many saying he did better than Russell Wilson.

Can't wait to see him tear it up!

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best of luck to him....and please, not to the jets

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/20/sports/football/marcus-mariota-goes-under-microscope-at-nfl-combine.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid==tw-nytsports&_r=0

Inside a luxurious lounge that had been transformed into an area filled with cameras, laptops and seemingly endless ropes of cable cords at Lucas Oil Stadium, Marcus Mariota faced a line of questioning that ended with his being asked whether he possessed the skills to succeed in the N.F.L.

“Any player would stand in front of you and tell you they’re confident in their abilities, and I’m no different,” Mariota said Thursday. “What I’ve been able to do at the University of Oregon and what I’ve learned has prepared me for this.”

Mariota, who guided Oregon to a 36-5 record over three seasons, said, “All it takes is one team to believe in me and to give me an opportunity.”
He added, “There’s a purpose of why I’m here and why I’m standing in front of you, and that’s because I love the game, I want to be part of this game, I want to be part of this game for a long time.”
“My motivation isn’t to prove anybody wrong,” he continued. “My motivation is to make a dream come true for me.”

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs two seasns to be gradually worked into a system. One minimum. He is a hard worker and quite smart so he will figure out the NFL quick.

Nowadays though, it's rare to get even one year to learn. Kinda sink or swim in rookie season with QBs

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs two seasns to be gradually worked into a system. One minimum. He is a hard worker and quite smart so he will figure out the NFL quick.

Nowadays though, it's rare to get even one year to learn. Kinda sink or swim in rookie season with QBs
I'm listening to Tiki Barber on the radio right now. I can't remember who he was talking to but he said that Marcus went into an interview with one team and they outlined one of their teams plays at the start of the interview, with the assignments of every player in the play and then went on with the interview. When the interview was about done, about 10 minutes later, they asked him to outline the play and he did it perfectly.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But OD is the Mariota expert and he claims he'd instantly turn the Raiders into "contenders." :noidea:

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But OD is the Mariota expert and he claims he'd instantly turn the Raiders into "contenders." :noidea:
He will....when he drops to #4 and the Raiders become the benefactors of a bidding war by teams wanting to move up to draft him. ;)

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love more than anything to see him end up drafted by Rams and be their qb when they go to LA.

Carr is perfect for Oakland. If they don't mess up this draft in 2-3 years they are ready to contend for AFC West.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will....when he drops to #4 and the Raiders become the benefactors of a bidding war by teams wanting to move up to draft him. ;)
I have heard that is actually close to reality. If/when he destroys the combine, Oakland may be looking at a trade for teams looking to trade up.

This could be Oakland's best draft class in decades. Just please don't f it up.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard that is actually close to reality. If/when he destroys the combine, Oakland may be looking at a trade for teams looking to trade up.

This could be Oakland's best draft class in decades. Just please don't f it up.
I've been hearing that a lot too. And it could be a great class. I will be holding my breath in the first two rounds though.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing that a lot too. And it could be a great class. I will be holding my breath in the first two rounds though.
I guess Cooper is their target.

Meh, I would prefer a trade down and go after that WR Missou kid.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Cooper is their target.

Meh, I would prefer a trade down and go after that WR Missou kid.
I would like the trade down option as well. If they can get two first rounders (Cleveleand), I could see them taking Danny Shelton at #12 and a WR (DGB or Jalon Strong) at #20

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like the trade down option as well. If they can get two first rounders (Cleveleand), I could see them taking Danny Shelton at #12 and a WR (DGB or Jalon Strong) at #20
Strong would be great.

They say he needs to sharpen route skills, something the Missou guy and Cooper already have down.

But Oakland isn't trying to win SB In 2015. When they are ready to compete in playoffs Strong would be more than ready.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba, you might be on to something. Mariota paired with Jeff Fisher in LA? That could be pure gold.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something just struck me about all of this and I think the parallel between Derek Carr and Marcus Mariota is something that I haven't seen or heard talked about anywhere.

Oakland hired Bill Musgrave to be their OC and he said that he would be implementing aspects of the Up-tempo, no huddle offense to the Raiders. Derek Carr came out and said that he was excited about that because that is the type of offense that he ran in college.

Looking at Carr and Mariota, there are some similarities. Mariota is definitely more athletic and Carr has a better arm, but I think that both are equally adept in their football IQ's. With that said, I think that you could look at DC's rookie season to see what type of production may be expected from MM in his rookie year.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota is just TEARING it up at the combine. He may be going to Tampa folks.