• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners vs Marlins, April 17th-19th

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ump has been awful at calling balls/strikes for both sides...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on board for computerized umpiring, and with umpires set to have negotiations with MLB on a new labor deal in a couple of years, I think MLB will put that on the table. Whether the umpires go for it or not remains to be seen. I read last night or this morning that there's also talk of making MLB replays more like NFL replays by putting a mic on the crew chief so he can announce the replay decision himself and in more detail than we're getting right now. I don't know if that would have to be collectively bargained too, but I assume it would.

I was listening to, I think, Danny, Dave and Moore yesterday too and the topic of CB Bucknor came up because he's a terrible umpire and terrible umpiring by CB Bucknor has been a topic of conversation in multiple places lately. Anyway... one of the guys said that it isn't so much Bucknor's terrible umpiring that makes people hate him as it is his facial expression when a player, coach or manager disagrees with one of this terrible calls. He gets a perma-smirk on his face that I'm sure infuriates a lot of the people who have problems with the calls he misses. He's always had that and it takes him from being a terrible umpire to being a terrible umpire and a dick.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boom.. .Nice to see not only Felix settle down, but to see his team get him back into the game...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go guys'... One series at a time...