• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners vs Blue Jays

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto fans really are annoying.
I don't know enough to offer an opinion, but I will say it's pissed me off big time the last few days listening to their fans cheering in our stadium. It's disappointing to me that our fans are not loyal enough to fill up the damn stadium when the team is in a late season playoff chase. (and no, I didn't go to any games in this series but I have gone to 16 games so far this season, and I live 50 miles from the stadium)

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know enough to offer an opinion, but I will say it's pissed me off big time the last few days listening to their fans cheering in our stadium. It's disappointing to me that our fans are not loyal enough to fill up the damn stadium when the team is in a late season playoff chase. (and no, I didn't go to any games in this series but I have gone to 16 games so far this season, and I live 50 miles from the stadium)

I couldn't agree more with this statement. It was embarrassing for the road team to have that much of a home field advantage for an entire series. I know that we tend to attract west coast fans (and even some east coast fans vacationing on the west coast) of teams like Boston, New York and Toronto every year, so I'm never surprised to see their fans at Safeco when those teams are in town, but this Toronto series it was just ridiculously one-sided. These kinds of takeovers are usually due to fan apathy and my guess is that Toronto fans were snatching up every ticket they could get their hands on to see their team play here at a time when Mariners fans were saying "Here we go again. I'm not paying to watch this team play like crap." in August. This is the result of thinking the season is "over" before it's actually over.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't agree more with this statement. It was embarrassing for the road team to have that much of a home field advantage for an entire series. I know that we tend to attract west coast fans (and even some east coast fans vacationing on the west coast) of teams like Boston, New York and Toronto every year, so I'm never surprised to see their fans at Safeco when those teams are in town, but this Toronto series it was just ridiculously one-sided. These kinds of takeovers are usually due to fan apathy and my guess is that Toronto fans were snatching up every ticket they could get their hands on to see their team play here at a time when Mariners fans were saying "Here we go again. I'm not paying to watch this team play like crap." in August. This is the result of thinking the season is "over" before it's actually over.
Yep, math and not fan edict determines when the season is over. Lost track of the number of times it's been falsely declared on this board this season. It's almost like some fans really aren't even interested in talking about the team unless they're losing. Must be a real joy to watch a game with someone like that.

I sorta get the Toronto thing -- Canada's only team and all -- but the part that gets my goat is just the lack of Ms fans in the stands down the stretch here. Get out and support the team! And I actually respect fans who truly travel to see their team, but I've been to 16 games so far this year and it was awfully tough to find any supporting the visitors who were actually from that area. The Cards "fans" were the worst, and those games were similar to what it sounded like vs Toronto.