• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Management shopping RG3. Ownership resisting.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if my comment was interpreted as trolling. My old KFFL cohorts know this was mild by my standards but I will keep it to the trash talk thread henceforth.
Yeah I should explain most of his shots were directed at me. What's up Iggy?

But seriously Iggy if Danny was still in charge would Griffin been benched last season? If he was in charge would they be making this move today? Again the reports that Snyder was blocking the move have been shot down repeatedly.

But yeah, as the last surviving Griffin defender here I have been saying all along that he could do wonders in the right offense with the right protection, and yeah I said Philly a number of times. But you can't make your roster based on other teams and right about now I'm not too worried that this clown will ever get it. I'm like a scorned lover when it comes to Griffin and I really don't care anymore, time to move on.

papaskin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, trade Robert to Philly for a cheesesteak.
If Chip can make him worth a quarter of what Shanny paid, kudos to him.
I'm with DGF and so many others.....time to move on...tired of the drama.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this settles the claims Danny doesn't meddle anymore, and that these new coaches and front office people have total control.

Um, no.

PS. I can already see Chip picking this dude off the trash heap and rehabilitating him next season.

Yeah, me to. After Bradford gets busted up in that kill the QB system Kelly employs. He'll scoop up Griff's ass and get him busted all up in the system.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take for what it is worth is that Danny is like an alcoholic who knows he has a problem but can't check himself forever. He knows he should not meddle, probably does avoid meddling for a long time--then he butts in, has a bender of sorts where he gets loose and drinks a half a bottle of vodka, errr tells his GM he can't cut RGIII.

But I have no proof of that, just the speculation that is out there from the media.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take for what it is worth is that Danny is like an alcoholic who knows he has a problem but can't check himself forever. He knows he should not meddle, probably does avoid meddling for a long time--then he butts in, has a bender of sorts where he gets loose and drinks a half a bottle of vodka, errr tells his GM he can't cut RGIII.

But I have no proof of that, just the speculation that is out there from the media.
That's as good a theory as many I've seen floated.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 16M a year, I gotta believe most owners are tuned into what's going on. He wants to be a pocket passer, he's not good enough, lacks basics, has a poor attitude, unpopular in the locker room ...I'd trade him for a seventh round pick. Doubt they'd get it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 16M a year, I gotta believe most owners are tuned into what's going on. He wants to be a pocket passer, he's not good enough, lacks basics, has a poor attitude, unpopular in the locker room ...I'd trade him for a seventh round pick. Doubt they'd get it.

Almost seems like RG3 & his agent would have to negotiate a lesser contract for any type of trade to even occur. Even in that situation - it is tough to pull this off at this time of the year. This story is ever changing so who knows what will happen in the next 2-3 weeks. I would at least hope that this inspires the team to play decently since they have to be tired of being the center of attention & only being viewed in a negative manner.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if my comment was interpreted as trolling. My old KFFL cohorts know this was mild by my standards but I will keep it to the trash talk thread henceforth.

dont worry about it iggy , i saw no trolling going on just because you go against an established opinion here doesnt mean you are trolling . saying chip would pick him up is a legit thing to say

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost seems like RG3 & his agent would have to negotiate a lesser contract for any type of trade to even occur. Even in that situation - it is tough to pull this off at this time of the year. This story is ever changing so who knows what will happen in the next 2-3 weeks. I would at least hope that this inspires the team to play decently since they have to be tired of being the center of attention & only being viewed in a negative manner.

Can his agent and Griffin do this? I've seen this chatter.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's as good a theory as many I've seen floated.

Yeah that's a pretty damn good analogy Iggy. You are always welcome here my old friend. Just leave that dipshit Avelek on your board OK?

And now I see Papaskin, an old OLD KFFLer, is here now too.

Welcome to Hell boys.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do get troll-like at times, I won't front. So I will try to keep it in check.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait until Lebron season rolls around. Iggy is in top form then :D

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan McNabb in high-tops...

lebron-flop-3.gif

BronFlop.gif

Bron.gif

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man Melo messed him up on that play! lol :D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, what if you're all wrong and the decision to deactivate Griffin for the season is what's intended? Do what they should have from the beginning, then bring him back a more polished, competent, and able QB? They would have their long term answer and it wouldn't cost them anything in draft picks and whatever his new contract calls for? IJS!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, what if you're all wrong and the decision to deactivate Griffin for the season is what's intended? Do what they should have from the beginning, then bring him back a more polished, competent, and able QB? They would have their long term answer and it wouldn't cost them anything in draft picks and whatever his new contract calls for? IJS!

This would actually be an optimum solution. But would also depend on how Kirk does in the offense as well. Because if Kirk does well, but they also see RG3 progressing behind the scenes, that might put us in another tight spot as i doubt his agent is going to go for a rework of the $16.1 million simply to remain a backup behind Cousins. And Kirks agent isnt going to let him sign here on the cheap if he does a good job for us this year. So honestly at the end of the season I see one or both as being gone from DC. This move has not set us up for the future so much as bought us time to evaluate Gruden as a HC and the players that SMGM has brought in. Kirk was named the starter because he gives us the best chance to win, should quiet SOME of the noise, and allows an honest assessment of Griffin outside the spotlight for once.