• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Malkin to Sharks ?

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be ok with that. We'd probably have to trade multiple players to land him but the Sharks are pretty much in a state of flux as it is. I'd prefer to keep Couture and Pavelski.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
no reason to trade youth for malkin. Adding him doesnt make the sharks D any better and it doesnt transform the team into a cup contender. The young assets and picks needed to get him would bankrupt an already bleak future. Makes no sense, unless you wanted to go for the cup next year. I cant see that happening...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he can be had for Thornton, Marleau, Niemis rights, an early rnd draft pick then yes, otherwise as nice as it would be. no cause is would gut the team even more

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it is tempting, I think the Sharks are going to be in this 'glacial rebuild' cycle until Patty and Joe's contracts come up. Joe has some trade value, and while mostly everyone is down on him - I think he is the far more valuable of the two. If he had a power forward (Burns.. lol) like Ovechkin that could make plays and hits the sh!t out of everything along with a speedy grit-like guy with some hands (like a John LeClair or maybe Drury) I think it would give him a lot more space and time to do the things he's good at. I am not sure what you surround Patty with to make him more consistent.

Patty is the big problem. He's really streaky, and not leader material in the least. If they could trade Malkin for Marleau straight across that would be awesome.. but they have TV in Pittsburgh and that wont happen. I suspect we would have to give up a lot and it would leave more holes than filling them. I think a discussion with the Red Wings could be more interesting. Dats has had some complimentary things to say in the past about Patty and on that kind of team he would do well. The Wings have some good talent that might work out.

Still - our biggest need is on D, and I am not sure if there is a deal that gets Patty somewhere else and some top 4 D men back our direction.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
While it is tempting, I think the Sharks are going to be in this 'glacial rebuild' cycle until Patty and Joe's contracts come up. Joe has some trade value, and while mostly everyone is down on him - I think he is the far more valuable of the two. If he had a power forward (Burns.. lol) like Ovechkin that could make plays and hits the sh!t out of everything along with a speedy grit-like guy with some hands (like a John LeClair or maybe Drury) I think it would give him a lot more space and time to do the things he's good at.

Oh you mean a line like Hertl/Thornton/Burns.... I think we tried that once and it was a huge success, so we stopped using it lol

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it is tempting, I think the Sharks are going to be in this 'glacial rebuild' cycle until Patty and Joe's contracts come up. Joe has some trade value, and while mostly everyone is down on him - I think he is the far more valuable of the two. If he had a power forward (Burns.. lol) like Ovechkin that could make plays and hits the sh!t out of everything along with a speedy grit-like guy with some hands (like a John LeClair or maybe Drury) I think it would give him a lot more space and time to do the things he's good at. I am not sure what you surround Patty with to make him more consistent.

Patty is the big problem. He's really streaky, and not leader material in the least. If they could trade Malkin for Marleau straight across that would be awesome.. but they have TV in Pittsburgh and that wont happen. I suspect we would have to give up a lot and it would leave more holes than filling them. I think a discussion with the Red Wings could be more interesting. Dats has had some complimentary things to say in the past about Patty and on that kind of team he would do well. The Wings have some good talent that might work out.

Still - our biggest need is on D, and I am not sure if there is a deal that gets Patty somewhere else and some top 4 D men back our direction.

I dont see much value for Pittsburgh in a straight trade there. Marleau has maybe 1-2 serviceable years left in his career (2 years is being extremely generous) if that while Malkin at 28 has a lot of potential upside despite his disappointing playoff performance.

Malkin for Thornton and Marleau? I'd pull the trigger on that deal in a heartbeat.
Joe wants out and Patty is useless. Dream deal AFAIC.

We can deal with our D needs separately. Fact is, the sharks are weak at every position.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Joe say he wanted to leave?

All I've heard is Couture wants out.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor from someone within the organization who made some assumptions on how Couture presented himself during his final weeks.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Where did you hear Couture wants out?

Im curious bout that too, but it wouldnt surpize me one bit.... If I was stuck on a team ran as bad as SJ while still young, id wanna GTFO of there too...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Korky, what is your take on Cam Talbot off the Rangers?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Korky, what is your take on Cam Talbot off the Rangers?
I haven't seen to much of him, but what I have seen I really like. Technically superior butterfly goalie, tight lateral movement. Pretty good glove, stick handles better then Nemo and king henrick but no Stalock. Very athletic battles hard for pucks in scrambles. I think he's very similar Marc Andre fleury. But maybe more athletic, and I really like how big he plays, he is 6'3 but sometimes he looks like his Ben bishop in net because he takes up so much space.

He'd be the ideal pick up for the Sharks, him or Lehner. Only issue really is he's played behind a good rangers defense there's no book on him yet (I don't think he has any glaring holes like Howard and Crawford) if they could get him on a 2 year deal they should do it

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh yeah rebound control could use some work but that comes with more starts

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh yeah rebound control could use some work but that comes with more starts

It only took Nemo 4 years to improve his rebound control lmao... I dont wanna go through that shit again...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It only took Nemo 4 years to improve his rebound control lmao... I dont wanna go through that shit again...
Wait Nemo has rebound control? When the fuck did this happen lol let me rephrase though lol talbots rebound control isn't shitty like Nemos but not Carey price good where he's controlling where it goes every time

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wait Nemo has rebound control? When the fuck did this happen lol let me rephrase though lol talbots rebound control isn't shitty like Nemos but not Carey price good where he's controlling where it goes every time

LMAO, improved doesnt mean its good, but hes not punting pucks into the slot on every single shot as often as he used to