• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Magic speaks out against J.Buss

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
makes valid points and the part about Phil being shot down by Doc Buss puts the notion that it was only Jim behind the decision not to rehire PJ....it's obvious to some logical posters here that there isn't just one reason/person to blame for the past two years' seasons.

Then there are those haters that will paint their own version...

Y! SPORTS

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valid points, but he is flip-flopping worse than a politician. Kevin Ding hit on that perfectly today. Here's Magic in August 2012:

"I love it. Jim, you look like your father; I’m proud of you. He’s definitely the guy now to win the NBA executive-of-the-year award.

This is also so good for Coach Mike Brown. He knows defense so well and Dwight is going to erase those shots coming down the lane, and Mike will know just how to use him. The Lakers’ tradition of great centers continues. It's just great."

This is Magic yesterday:

"This is what happens when you make the wrong decisions, two coaching wrong decisions, giving Steve Nash that deal, it’s backfired.

You’ve got to have someone helping Jim. He’s got to quit trying to prove a point to everybody that he can do it on his own, get his ego out of it, and just say, "Let me get someone beside me to help achieve the goals I want."

Easy to criticize well after the fact.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i told you all, it's obvious to most that major changes are needed, starting with ownership.
Too many boneheaded moves
La will be back on top , but its may take time.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i told you all, it's obvious to most that major changes are needed, starting with ownership.
Too many boneheaded moves
La will be back on top , but its may take time.

I hate when you say you told us, because we had a problem with Jim Buss the moment he took over. Stop trying to take credit.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buss's fault is that he gave over $9 million a season to a guy who will turn 40 next month, and committed $48 million over 2 years to a 35 year old coming off a major injury. There is a reason most NBA players retire in their mid to late 30's. They can not stay healthy and get slower. Buss should have known Nash and Kobe would likely get injured, and that is on him. Most of all hiring Dumbtoni over Phil Jackson was the dumbest shit he could of done, and let's no forget before that hiring Mike Brown was also another comedy show. :L

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Kobe had nothing to do with rings. If anything it was more of a way to add to the tanking effort for the next 2 years and by then hopefully when Kobe retires they will have a young core to build around and sell tickets.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc Buss gave the thumbs up to hire Dumbtoni -- if he were still with us and running things he would have to answer to all the critics for this hire.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its good to see reality starting to set in with Laker posters. In about two to three years the rebuild will begin. By then I expect short buss will remove himself, a new GM will be hired, and a smart coach who appreciates defense will also come forward.

I still think you give the reigns to Phil. Any more asset depletion moves will truly deepen the gorge

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its good to see reality starting to set in with Laker posters. In about two to three years the rebuild will begin. By then I expect short buss will remove himself, a new GM will be hired, and a smart coach who appreciates defense will also come forward.

I still think you give the reigns to Phil. Any more asset depletion moves will truly deepen the gorge

Here you go again! Who are these Laker fans that couldn't see reality with Jim Buss? Our arguments with you used to be over mitch, and we still feel the same way that mitch is a better GM than you give him credit for. What reality are you talking about?