• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Magic Johnson on First Take

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if the Pelicans are patient - there will be another elite player wanting to be traded that will make it equitable. They don't have to take the first deal - that's where Indiana went wrong - they traded off Paul George to quick when if they had waited, they could have had Irving
I don't see how that played out poorly for Indiana - I'd rather have healthy Oladipo than Kyrie.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mirotic is a 15 and 7 per night player - Not the same as AD - Mirotic is a solid role player - Pelicans have plenty of those, they want better - New York doesn't have better to offer

Barrett is 18 and Knox is 19. They might not be the players everyone thinks but they are still young and have A LOT of time to prove and possibly high ceilings. Comparing them to Mirotic, a 23rd overall pick that came into the league at 23 isn't helping your argument.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barrett is 18 and Knox is 19. They might not be the players everyone thinks but they are still young and have A LOT of time to prove and possibly high ceilings. Comparing them to Mirotic, a 23rd overall pick that came into the league at 23 isn't helping your argument.
David Griffin has a LOt of assets to play with down there in New Orleans.

Within a couple years that is going to be an interesting team that is for sure.

Holliday has really established himself as one of the better players in the league. It would be hard for me to not have him in a top 25-30 players in the entire league right now.

I gotta think them getting Zion means Randle is likely gone since Randle is pretty much a poor poor man's Zion in a lot of ways.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holliday has really established himself as one of the better players in the league. It would be hard for me to not have him in a top 25-30 players in the entire league right now.

I gotta think them getting Zion means Randle is likely gone since Randle is pretty much a poor poor man's Zion in a lot of ways.
It's very possible Zion ends up about the same level as Randle

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Randle is better than Zion today. How long that continues for, who knows?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be true, but they neither one can come even close to producing what Davis does every night and the Pelicans can do better. Just because the Knicks fans suddenly has decided this deal works for them and the Pelicans can do this - does not mean it works for the Pelicans. It doesn't - They can do better. They can at the minimum get a play in the 15 to 20 points per game range along with rebounds in the neighborhood of 6 to 12 rebounds. They don't have to replace their best player for two solid role players. No disrespect for the Knicks players, but they were way down at the bottom of the standings - that tells you the players are not that great

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough comparison because Randle is ready to be a contributor and is a developed player. I know everyone is high on Zion, but lets get real - the dude isn't ready yet and is not developed. He has to grow up first.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very possible Zion ends up about the same level as Randle
That's possible - but we won't know that for at least one to three years. He isn't on the same level as Randle yet and has a lot to learn first

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how that played out poorly for Indiana - I'd rather have healthy Oladipo than Kyrie.
It really did, but they might have done better - they didn't have to do a trade that quick. I would play it out win or lose

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wh
That's possible - but we won't know that for at least one to three years. He isn't on the same level as Randle yet and has a lot to learn first
Which is why the Pelicans are not in win now mode like you keep saying. They want guys who will ripen along with Zion. The Knicks offer is probably best if they can't convince AD to stay

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be true, but they neither one can come even close to producing what Davis does every night and the Pelicans can do better. Just because the Knicks fans suddenly has decided this deal works for them and the Pelicans can do this - does not mean it works for the Pelicans. It doesn't - They can do better. They can at the minimum get a play in the 15 to 20 points per game range along with rebounds in the neighborhood of 6 to 12 rebounds. They don't have to replace their best player for two solid role players. No disrespect for the Knicks players, but they were way down at the bottom of the standings - that tells you the players are not that great

Right now, of course but this isn't about replacing him now, it's in the future. If you get a combo of young players and depth on this team it would help them going forward. I am not a fan of R.J. but what if he does become a James Harden type of player or Knox becomes a nice wing like Middleton. You never know, we just know they are young and both have potential.

I mean it's not like the Lakers players have improved that much. Kuzma might be the best of the bunch. Lonzo hasn't improved and is injured. Ingram is still immature, improved a little but for the #2 pick has been somewhat of disappointment so far.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The L.A. Trainwrecks.:heh:

tenor.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way the dysfunction of the Lakers could get any funnier is if Jeanie's sleeping w/ Pelinka.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zion is SUCH a better athlete though its not even close. Zion will be a much much better defensive player as long as he puts in the required effort.

I see him as a mix of Draymond and Randle but much more explosive than either.

WindyCityCoug

Fat Stacks Bitches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic has his favorite rainbro ..... bros' for life,

magic-johnson-isiah-thomas-kiss-1.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

magic-johnson-isiah-thomas.jpg

1988-Magic-Johnson-Isiah-Thomas-Jame-Worthy-Bill-Laimbeer.jpg

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if the Pelicans are patient - there will be another elite player wanting to be traded that will make it equitable. They don't have to take the first deal - that's where Indiana went wrong - they traded off Paul George to quick when if they had waited, they could have had Irving
Seems more likely Cavs backed out of this deal when Lebron would not commit to stay.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, of course but this isn't about replacing him now, it's in the future. If you get a combo of young players and depth on this team it would help them going forward. I am not a fan of R.J. but what if he does become a James Harden type of player or Knox becomes a nice wing like Middleton. You never know, we just know they are young and both have potential.

I mean it's not like the Lakers players have improved that much. Kuzma might be the best of the bunch. Lonzo hasn't improved and is injured. Ingram is still immature, improved a little but for the #2 pick has been somewhat of disappointment so far.

To be clear, I have said from the start I am not sold on R.J. might be exaggerating a bit about him failing and Knox hasn't proved shit so I am not a fan of both. Really just depends on what Griffin loves and if he is even in full control of this deal/decision.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why the Pelicans are not in win now mode like you keep saying. They want guys who will ripen along with Zion. The Knicks offer is probably best if they can't convince AD to stay

There are rumors that the Bulls are interested in Lonzo (if the Pels aren't) and could offer up the #7 pick. #4, #7, Ingram and Kuzma sounds like strong value to me. 4 and 7 could get a PG (Garland/White) and a wing (Culver/Hunter/Reddish), or maybe Jaxson Hayes if they are so inclined. They could have a very raw, but very talented young team with a ton of upside. Of course, the Knicks could put together a very good offer as well, depends on who the Pels prefer in terms of prospects (and who they prefer to trade with if the values are comparable).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zion is SUCH a better athlete though its not even close. Zion will be a much much better defensive player as long as he puts in the required effort.

I see him as a mix of Draymond and Randle but much more explosive than either.

I agree. He is a better athlete than both. If he has the fundamentals of Draymond over time he can become a great defender and much better offensively than both. Still though, same body type as those two guys, his game is different but not too different at this point....he is just a much better athlete.