• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maclin, Decker, Talib and McCluster.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to let everyone know, all 32 teams are aware that I'm available for Free Agency this year. My agent has done a good job putting my name oTNut there. That said, anyone care to discuss Free agency even though we dont have any money and Dr. Eviler will be sure to warn us of cap figures? Lol

For a legit #2 Wr, are we only looking to the draft? Jeremy Maclin is often injured, but when healthy, he's pretty good and could be a solid option for the Lions. I doubt Philly will want to part ways with him but theres always that outside chance. Wonder if he is worth the risk considering what the Lions have been through?

What about Decker? Im almost sure Denver will keep him but they have a few contracts to work out so there might be a small chance he leaves. I wonder if he could produce in the D like he is now?

Will N.E offer Talib a lucrative deal? Would the fans consider him here? He played lights out this year but maybe its because it was a contract year and he just wants the big bucks. My opinion? I like the idea if he doesnt command far too much.

Though Ross showed us a little bit of promise, Im not sure if we have our return guy yet. Chiefs wont let go of McCluster but he would definitely be on the radar if he does leave. He's a solid "do it all" player with speed. He would be hard to keep up with in a Lions offense.

Thoughts?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Talib doesn't command too much he's staying here. I think you'd have to overpay to outbid NE and lure him away.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both Decker and Maclin...Sure if we can afford it.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding another threat to Megatron would be huge for the Lions offense. Adding Bush helped, if he can stay healthy next year and reduce the fumbles, they should be a bit better.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclin is the guy that caught my eye last night. I know guys here harp on the injured. He was the one that might come cheaper than others. Decker will cost too much. Just started looking at FA list. Like to see how much a Suh extension frees up?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like at least one guy. I like the safeties that are out and maybe Nicks, but I know they will be pricey.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KICKALICOUS!!!!!! What's wrong with Allen Park?

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lions can afford none of these players. Third-tier guys only, draft, and re-signings. Draft #2cb and WR unless a massive talent falls (LB, S ok too), try to pick up a few pieces.

The Lions are only a Cowher away from being a contender!

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dr. Eviler will be sure to warn us of cap figures?

There is cap room that the Lions can create. I've looked at every active contract and what a Suh extension could realistically save. The Lions should easily be able to create between $18m on the conservative side and $24m on the more aggressive side in cap space.

FA is going to depend a great deal on which of our own FA's we decide to resign and how much that costs.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian Peterson could probably help the Lions, but I doubt if the Vikings will let go of him either.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an article on BR that listed 5 realistic FA's the Lions could target. DRC is the top name on the list and I'm sure we can all agree that would be huge. Tedd Ginn Jr was 2nd on the list. Fred Davis which I dont really care to see happen. Deitrich Smith which could be hilarious. and Graham Gano which anything is better than Akers. They think any of these moves could happen.

5 Free Agents Detroit Must Target | Bleacher Report

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind signing Ginn AFTER the draft if we don't take one of the top 2 wideouts. DRC would take some cap shuffling - cover corners start at $7MM per.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting article. I like all 5 of those guys.

The only one I was figuring we might take a look at is Davis. Since I love the numbers so much I took a look at other contracts around the league to see what type of deals these guys might sign and was quite surprised. I don't think they are really at all that much to sign for "doable" deals. By that I mean ones that aren't just some ridiculously cheap first year deal that balloons into a gigantic upward movement in year two and beyond (the Lions typical way of doing things).

I think a cap hit of between $9-10m in 2014 is entirely reasonable. That article also is indicating that we have about $2m of space now, whereas Spotrac indicates we are $2m over. Big difference depending on who is correct.

I said before I think they can easily create between $18-24m in space. The rookies and practice squad should take up between $6-$6.5m and would be approximately 13 players. Bring the PUC to 50. These five free agents between $9-10m. You certainly should still have some space for the typical one year deals signed for guys like Mulbach and other vets. Certainly not unrealistic that you could have $4-8m, depending on the future of guys like Owens, Hillard, Palmer, etc to resign guys like Bell, Young, and Greenwood.

They arent in great shape with the cap but they can make it work and get some new talent. I wouldnt mind Kenny Britt getting a training camp shot either, especially if that might mean the end of Burleson (which would also free up about $2m more in space). Opens things up a little more in the draft as well. Perhaps Clinton-Dix as the first round target?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see them going after ginn.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm choosing from these 4 then Maclin for sure but none of them are very attractive when you consider the money they'll command and injury history (Talib).

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib hasn't shot at anybody in over two years, kudos to him. He's really growing up. (I wouldn't want that fucker if he were free.)