• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lucas's Week 5 Pac-12 Preview

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pac12.png

Week 5 Preview

pSAzO5K.jpg

Friday, September 30, 2016

9:00 PM ET on ESPN
Line: Washington -3.5

The premier game in the Pac is on a Friday, which will give both teams the media attention that they have both wanted and needed. Two top 10 teams facing off this early in the season is really going to get football fans excited, and this is a match up the Pac fans have been waiting for since the schedules were released.

Everyone knows Stanford and Coach Shaw and McCaffrey and crew, but few people know who Jake Browning is (he's the Washington QB, btw).

The thing to look for in the game, is defense. Both have solid defenses, and while UW's defense looked shaky against Arizona, I think the majority of that goes to the fact that Arizona has a mobile QB, and if you haven't seen Hogan's replacement at Stanford, Burns is definitely not a mobile QB. Look for UW to do what UCLA did against the Cardinal, which is cover McCaffrey to the max and make Burns beat them.

The game being in Washington gives the Huskies a major advantage, but what worries me the most about Washington is that no one knows much about them. They have played the easiest OOC schedule you could imagine, and then struggled against AZ in their first Pac-12 game of the year.

At the end of the day though, I'm going to go with the team that has been there, proved to belong, and has the best player on the field. Stanford squeaks it out in the end.

My Prediction: Stanford 27 - 21 Washington

Mupdezv.jpg

Saturday, October 1, 2016
2:30 PM ET on PAC12
Line: Colorado -18
No reason to spend a ton of time on this game. One team is looking really good, while the other is struggling big time. Colorado's big win against Oregon last week gave them national recognition, and so having watched Colorado this year closely, I'll say that if you haven't seen them yet, you should check out this game. I would take Colorado and the 18 points and run to the bank.

Colorado is my current favorite to win the Pac-12 South division, and on Saturday, I believe they will put on a clinic.

My Prediction: Oregon State 17 - 52 Colorado

O2bgpyg.jpg

6:00 PM ET on PAC12
Line: California -1.5
Another game with a line that surprises me. Davis Webb is a one heck of a QB, and Hansen is likely the best WR you have never heard of, and if you haven't I ask you read his story, it's impossible not to like the kid.

The game is in Berkley which usually gives them 3 points for being the home team, but still, Cal has yet to face a defense that is anything like what Utah brings. I'm constantly surprised how many people don't seem to respect what Utah brings on the defensive side of the ball.

My thought is, if my beloved ASU and their horrid defense can hold Cal's offense to 17 points in second half of last week game, than Utah can hold them to 7 or less.

My Prediction: Utah 31 - California 21

lVbPDTm.jpg

8:30 PM ET on FOX
Line: USC -10

As most of you remember, I became an ASU this year (I graduated from Alabama in 2008), and so this whole, 'having a team in the Pac-12' thing is new to me. But I know the conference, and I have fallen into a deep love with the Sun Devils.

USC is a trainwreck. Rumors of Helton being on the hot seat, JuJu is not happy, and they don't seem to have a QB.

ASU on the other hand has faced two top QB's in college football already, and has won both games. We are gelling well, and playing as a unit. We are dominating the second half of games, and if we could put in a full 60 minute performance, we minute kill somebody. We have a great WR crew of Harry, White, Kohl, and Harvey. We also have two RB's that may be the best duo in the conference with Ballage and Richard.

I don't think Arizona State will blow them out, but I think we will win.

My Prediction: Arizona State 42 - USC 20 *

*Helton does not get fired the week after either*

71aBQXP.jpg

9:30 PM ET on PAC12
Line: Oregon -1.5

What in the world happened to this Washington State defense that was supposed to be so improved? In my power rankings of the Pac-12 teams, I still have the Cougs 2nd from the bottom, and while Oregon is obviously still unable to find a Mariotta replacement, or anything close, as well as tackle on the first try, the truth is talent wise they are way beyond Wazzu.

Oregon's game against the Buffs didn't surprise me, but a loss here would. Oregon is better than this, and needs to be able to remember that they are. A loss here definitely means that the Ducks will be looking for a new coach soon.

This is the Non-Defense Game of the Week, and I would be think this game is one that will be won by the team that scores 50 points first, and the Ducks need to get their swag back, and be offended about how downhill things have gone.

My Prediction: Oregon 55 - Washington State 41

To2I0tw.jpg

10:30 PM ET on ESPN
Line: UCLA -13

Putting my feelings towards the pussy----I mean Wildcats aside, I don't like their chances in this game. UCLA is coming off a huge game against Stanford where they played their best football. And while you could say the same for 'Zona, I just don't think Rich Rod's talent level is on par with UCLA at this moment.

I think this game is dominated by Rosen, as he finally has the game that we have all been expecting. I will be watching as much as possible since what impressed me about AZ the most was Dawkins ability to move the ball on a talented Washington defense. I think UCLA wins, but it's closer than Vegas expects.

My Prediction: Arizona 31- 35 UCLA