• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LSU & FSU are embarrassed of their stadiums

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because. . .

0*fbL1BZNfNE2K7ay1.gif
Umpteen dumbass Urban Meyer threads on here and you have to fvk with my thread? gtfo

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually what it tells you is that whether the game is played
at the Home of the Jags or whether the game is played at the
home of the Saints or whether it is played in FSU's Home stadium
or whether it is played in LSU's home stadium...in all four
instances it will be played in a stadium that has more seats
than anything you could find in the entire state of Washington.
Is a third party supplementing the funding for these two games like a lot of those one time neutral site games?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm missing something here.

Tiger Stadium 102,000+
Mercedes Benz Dome 72,000+

Doak Campbell Stadium - 82,000+
Orlando Camping World Stadium - 65,000

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm missing something here.

Tiger Stadium 102,000+
Mercedes Benz Dome 72,000+

Doak Campbell Stadium - 82,000+
Orlando Camping World Stadium - 65,000
fewer seats = higher ticket prices

plus, both teams get half the gate both years, rather than all of the gate minus a fee in one of the two years.

(All speculation - I have no ifriggindea)

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umpteen dumbass Urban Meyer threads on here and you have to fvk with my thread? gtfo

fuck you, i'll do what the fuck i want. "my thread", he says. You don't OWN the thread, AG.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

plus, both teams get half the gate both years, rather than all of the gate minus a fee in one of the two years.

These neutral site games also garner "sponsorships" which allow both schools to get a much bigger take. That to me is the inherent problem. If I am Taco Bell and I say, "I would love to see a home and home between schools X and Y. Let me offer them 10 million to and be the title sponsor." Maybe that would cause issues with whatever channel the game appears on, but to me that is more intriguing than these neutral site games with sponsors in environments that no one cares about.

The bottom line is neutral site games allow a guaranteed bigger cut of the revenue. This is also ostracizing season ticket holders that are stuck watching their favorite team play teams from the SWAC instead of giving them quality football games, basically saying, "Screw you, if you want to see a good non-conference game go buy another ticket". Neutral site games are part of the problem in terms of hurting the home field experience. People aren't showing up to games across the country, and it is a major problem. Why you ask? Because no one wants to see crap football.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck you, i'll do what the fuck i want. "my thread", he says. You don't OWN the thread, AG.
'I don't like your thread so I'm going to call in the head honcho to shut it down ... '

tenor.gif

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why I was wondering if a third party was supplementing the games to get them. From what I understand, teams make a shitpot amount of money playing those one time games in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, etc because some business or something is kicking in some kind of incentive.

Last edited:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These neutral site games also garner "sponsorships" which allow both schools to get a much bigger take. That to me is the inherent problem. If I am Taco Bell and I say, "I would love to see a home and home between schools X and Y. Let me offer them 10 million to and be the title sponsor." Maybe that would cause issues with whatever channel the game appears on, but to me that is more intriguing than these neutral site games with sponsors in environments that no one cares about.

The bottom line is neutral site games allow a guaranteed bigger cut of the revenue. This is also ostracizing season ticket holders that are stuck watching their favorite team play teams from the SWAC instead of giving them quality football games, basically saying, "Screw you, if you want to see a good non-conference game go buy another ticket". Neutral site games are part of the problem in terms of hurting the home field experience. People aren't showing up to games across the country, and it is a major problem. Why you ask? Because no one wants to see crap football.
nailed-it.jpg

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'I don't like your thread so I'm going to call in the head honcho to shut it down ... '

tenor.gif

i'm a snowflake because i just told you i'll do what i please, regardless of who "owns" a thread? lol ok. meanwhile, you want to cry like a bitch because of a simple bill o'reilly gif and a little good-natured ribbing about "your" thread. what the fuck does that make you? a snowflake's bitch?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm a snowflake because i just told you i'll do what i please, regardless of who "owns" a thread? lol ok. meanwhile, you want to cry like a bitch because of a simple bill o'reilly gif and a little good-natured ribbing about "your" thread. what the fuck does that make you? a snowflake's bitch?
urban-meyer-breaking.jpg

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it seems like season ticket holders are getting the short end of the stick. But, it must not make any difference to these teams or they wouldn't do what you describe.

I was under the impression that the big names wanted to have 7-8 home games every year if they can swing it...and as such pay several teams each year like my Miners to come in for the slaughter. This seems like they are giving up a home game but still have an away return game...even if it isn't at the other team's home stadium.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I was wondering if a third party was supplementing the games to get them. From what I understand, teams make a shitpot amount of money playing those games one time games in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, etc because some business or something is kicking in some kind of incentive.
Could also be tied to bowl games in those stadia - as in "You want to see this game? you have to buy bowl tickets too!"

That was the case when Notre Dame played in Yankee Stadium. If I wanted to buy a ticket, I had to buy one for the Pinstripe Bowl as well. (I think it was true of the ND/Navy Game in Sandy Eggo as well - just not for the Pinstripe Bowl.)

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't even have to open this to know it was an AG thread.

Hey didn't Washington play a 2 game neutral series with fuckin Illinois not too long ago?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't even have to open this to know it was an AG thread.

Hey didn't Washington play a 2 game neutral series with fuckin Illinois not too long ago?
Husky Stadium was closed for renovations during that time. Washington played two seasons at the Seahawks stadium during renovations.

webHuskyStadiumAerial-600x400.jpg

6930695255_5f4a0498cf_b.jpg

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it seems like season ticket holders are getting the short end of the stick. But, it must not make any difference to these teams or they wouldn't do what you describe.

I was under the impression that the big names wanted to have 7-8 home games every year if they can swing it...and as such pay several teams each year like my Miners to come in for the slaughter. This seems like they are giving up a home game but still have an away return game...even if it isn't at the other team's home stadium.
When a school like LSU has an incompetent AD that tries to nickel and dime every single thing. Then he cheapens the Game Day experience by making it corporate crapfest. Then he hires Ed Oregeron. Then the fans get screwed out of watching the big time games as part of their season ticket package, it is like a ticking time bomb. My parents go to every game in Dallas and Houston, even made the trip up to Wisconsin a few years back. Are they still making these trips to watch an Ed O team get skull drug? For LSU there is a mountain of issues waiting to erupt sometime over the course of the next 2 years.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen so many wet panties over a few LSU FSU games not for a few years.

Must really suck being irrevelent

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could also be tied to bowl games in those stadia - as in "You want to see this game? you have to buy bowl tickets too!"

That was the case when Notre Dame played in Yankee Stadium. If I wanted to buy a ticket, I had to buy one for the Pinstripe Bowl as well. (I think it was true of the ND/Navy Game in Sandy Eggo as well - just not for the Pinstripe Bowl.)
Seriously? The ones at Jerryworld aren't like that.