• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lowering the boom...MLB PED suspension today....

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just abhor the whole thing.

Hitting a baseball might be the most difficult thing in sports. Hitting one out if the park is harder yet. Limitations were surprisingly similar for over a hundred years. It's part of why it's been a great game. Aaron hit 755 homers but could never hit 50 in a season. The parks were bigger, the ball deader, and the pitching was better. If the PGA allowed pro golfers to post scores that didn't count 6 bad shots a game the low net score wouldn't be 59. Par would be 66, not 72. They couldn't make golf courses long enough to limit scores, if players could cheat 8 or 9 shots instead of 6. It changes the game, makes it worth less, making accomplishments easier to a lowered standard, if you will. Grading on the curve doesn't make anyone smarter, it just allows worse doctors to practice, worse engineers building bridges, and worse teachers teaching. Harm is hard to track, but there are casualties downstream.

And it was/is all about money. They call that prostitution or fraud in other criminal occupations.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FINALLY THE JEWISH JUICER IS BUSTED! HAHA Funny how all those Brewer fans were so sure he was on the up and up. ROFLMAO

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you morons who defended Braun, hahahaha.

Did you think you were on the Brewers boards.

That would be spelled with an "M" ... you might start there before looking like a complete bozo, which starts with a "B" ... same as "Boston."

"Didn't mean anybody on this site."

So, why did you post that here?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cincy the Red

It all starts with heart.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say....I don't blame the other players in MLB for being happy with this Braun stuff. Hell, his own team is happy he finally had to come clean. PED inflated stats have led to PED inflated salaries which, in turn, has cost the "pure" players some serious cheddar($), and ability to negotiate better contracts due to the fact they were not performing at that level.

Bring back the purity of the game! I am all for it.....

In addition, PETE ROSE FOR THE HOF!!!!!!!!!!!! A'int nobody touching that hit record....in fact, all records prior to this PED crap should stand as the ones to be broken in my opinion. Screw Bonds, McGuire, Clemens, etc....

Oh yeah, and GO REDS! Hell of a game last night....let's take these two in this evening's double header. :suds:

Cincy the Red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, some have the heart, desire, work ethic, skill......to make it and some don't.

If you can't make it on your own steam.....ya don't belong in MLB........or any professional sport for that matter.

Funny enough, I had aspirations of playing in the "Bigs" as a youngster.....reality set in for me pretty quickly. Made it to the college level and that was it. So is life....

Cincy the Red

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good ol'e Aaron Rodgers needs to pony up on that bet of his about his "good friend" Braun being clean. At least toss some cash to a charity vs. forfeiting his season salary as the wager was I believe.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goes to show you about an old adage we learned back in the days at the newspaper office.
If your mom says she loves you, get a second source.

Last edited by a moderator:

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Braun even lied to his buddy, and allowed him to lose a seasons salary. WOW!

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah...only about 65 games of a 162 game season. Bud is sympathetic to juicers. Always have been. What a deal...Braun gets to keep the rest of his mountain of cash in his contract.