• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Loving my Xbox One

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connected my DirecTV to it, and of course, netflix/amazon instant video.

I love how quickly it switches back and forth between features/apps. Also loving the voice control with the Kinect. It's imperfect, but I'm betting updates will improve it constantly. The only thing voice cannot do is use the DVR function. But that's not big deal for me.

The only game I've played is Forza 5, and it's pretty awesome. Great graphics. Feels like playing real life players even when it's just against the computer.

I haven't used the controller a whole lot, but I like its ergonomics and mechanics. It feels really cheap and flimsy, though, and the battery flap sucks. Really not a fan of the headphone plugin either.

Mine runs nice and cool and virtually noise free. I don't blame people who got units with problems for being less than pleased.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my son ordered his straight from microsoft, DOA. You would think Microsoft would have all the good machines, or at least double check them. Who knows when we get the replacement.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my son ordered his straight from microsoft, DOA. You would think Microsoft would have all the good machines, or at least double check them. Who knows when we get the replacement.

Yeah, that would suck. Sorry.

I got mine from Amazon (Day One Edition/Black Box) and it was delivered Friday at 2 pm. No problems I can detect. Hope you get a replacement soon.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBTE?

Neither system has impressed me with its launch. I just got my hands on GTAV and thatll be enough to get me through the Xmas season

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBTE?

Neither system has impressed me with its launch. I just got my hands on GTAV and thatll be enough to get me through the Xmas season

I actually took a few seconds to see what "CBTE" meant....and found that it's a gamer that frequents another board. If you were asking whether or not I was that person, the answer is no.

I don't even play a lot of games, and when I do, it's pretty much only socially/online.

I may rue getting the One, but right now, I doubt it. Since I'm less into games and more into the idea of an entertainment console, the PS4 would'be been a complete waste for me.

It's nice to be able to just walk in after a long day at work and Say "xbox on" and "watch ESPN" or "go to amazon instant video" or "go to netflix" or "play insert name of song here" and have it just go.

Same with switching back and forth between all the different media pretty efficiently and with use of voice and/or controller.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we got the PS4 from amazon, it was here at 9am. We got dicked out of line with best buy using a debit card for the presale, they charged the bank every 6 days to make sure the funds were there and then cancelled at midnite in october. never go that route again. Thought microsoft might have the good ones, now I know it does not matter.

FsuNole1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pre-ordered mine about from Amazon, little did I know I would be in Afghanistan for the release. I'm jealous, have fun.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disappointed in the game selection. Normally XBOX has "must have" exclusives with their new console. I just don't see any of those yet.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^Forza & Ryse. (though i'm iffy on Ryse)
Soon will be TitanFall & Halo amongst others.

I, too, love my Xbox One. Havent really messed with the "snap" feature much though (IE... play a game and watch tv/skype/whatever at the same time)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually took a few seconds to see what "CBTE" meant....and found that it's a gamer that frequents another board. If you were asking whether or not I was that person, the answer is no.

I don't even play a lot of games, and when I do, it's pretty much only socially/online.

I may rue getting the One, but right now, I doubt it. Since I'm less into games and more into the idea of an entertainment console, the PS4 would'be been a complete waste for me.

It's nice to be able to just walk in after a long day at work and Say "xbox on" and "watch ESPN" or "go to amazon instant video" or "go to netflix" or "play insert name of song here" and have it just go.

Same with switching back and forth between all the different media pretty efficiently and with use of voice and/or controller.
Until you get into an argument or are talking to someone and say something like "All i want to do is sit down and play battlefield" and it starts up :laugh3:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably got with PS4 if they allow backwards compatibility. If not, will have to think. My PS3 still works (knocks on wood), so if I could branch out that would be fine. If nothing between the 3 and 4 crossover, that is.

Really don't see a lot of reason to upgrade to either yet though. The voice thing sounds cool though. Figure I'll wait for a game that I really want to come out on one of the new systems before I'm forced to upgrade.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's an expensive entertainment system to not play games on.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems that both the PS4 and Xbox are having problems with some being shipped basically bricked. I guess it's to be expected with a major launch of any console like this. Some people just get unlucky. I hope neither has the problem like the Red Ring of Death.

Also, you're a bastard and I want an xbox one. I've been trying to find one in stock and can't ever seem to be at the right website at the right time.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an expensive entertainment system to not play games on.

I'll play some games on it, but it's not the reason I bought it. I would've gotten a PS4 if that's what I wanted.

It's what I used my 360 for as well for the past 6 years, and it wasn't really that expensive as far as use value goes. It will be the same with the One. It runs nice and cool and noise free, even when playing games, and is pretty seemless with transitions...I'm expecting it to get better with updates over the next 5-6 years as well.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^Forza & Ryse. (though i'm iffy on Ryse)
Soon will be TitanFall & Halo amongst others.

I, too, love my Xbox One. Havent really messed with the "snap" feature much though (IE... play a game and watch tv/skype/whatever at the same time)

Ryse looks like it has cool graphics but pretty much just a button masher. I'm not a big racing fan but Forza is pretty popular with a lot of people. Titanfall looks incredible and so does Quantum Break (another exclusive) but we're a long ways away from either being released.

I got my XBOX on Saturday and haven't bought a game for it yet. I'm going to wait until Black Friday to pick up a few while I can get them cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably got with PS4 if they allow backwards compatibility. If not, will have to think. My PS3 still works (knocks on wood), so if I could branch out that would be fine. If nothing between the 3 and 4 crossover, that is.

Really don't see a lot of reason to upgrade to either yet though. The voice thing sounds cool though. Figure I'll wait for a game that I really want to come out on one of the new systems before I'm forced to upgrade.

No backwards compatibility. You're probably better off selling the PS3 while it still holds value and upgrading later whenever you want a newer console. I might trade my PS3 into Amazon for credit so I basically get a couple games for free.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty cool how you get P90X, Insanity, and a bunch of other fitness DVDs for free if you have XBOX Live Gold.