• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Louisville Cupcakes concerned with playing in Papa Johns stadium

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just have Papa Johns locations close for one afternoon for sensitivity training and be done with it.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was having some kind of conversation about speaking to or about customers and said something along the lines of "Colonel Sanders called black people ******'s and he's still on the logo".

The call was arranged between Papa John’s executives and marketing agency Laundry Service. It was designed as a role-playing exercise for Schnatter in an effort to prevent future public-relations snafus. Schnatter caused an uproar in November 2017 when he waded into the debate over national anthem protests in the NFL and partly blamed the league for slowing sales at Papa John’s.

On the May call, Schnatter was asked how he would distance himself from racist groups online. He responded by downplaying the significance of his NFL statement. “Colonel Sanders called blacks n-----s,” Schnatter said, before complaining that Sanders never faced public backlash.

Schnatter also reflected on his early life in Indiana, where, he said, people used to drag African-Americans from trucks until they died. He apparently intended for the remarks to convey his antipathy to racism, but multiple individuals on the call found them to be offensive, a source familiar with the matter said. After learning about the incident, Laundry Service owner Casey Wasserman moved to terminate the company’s contract with Papa John’s.
So what we've learned is that it's only acceptable for some people to openly talk about their experiences. And remember, don't try to relate to anyone.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what we've learned is that it's only acceptable for some people to openly talk about their experiences. And remember, don't try to relate to anyone.

It also shows that you may want to think twice about working with that PR firm if you speak in terms that are not p.c. They obviously leaked the conversation

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also shows that you may want to think twice about working with that PR firm if you speak in terms that are not p.c. They obviously leaked the conversation
Indeed. What bothers me is that our country as a whole seems to deliberately ignore the context of any given situation if the participants are of certain demographics.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. What bothers me is that our country as a whole seems to deliberately ignore the context of any given situation if the participants are of certain demographics.

There's a Civil Rights business that needs to be funded and news that needs to be watched and racism, even when there actually isn't any, sells. However, he really should have known better than to use the word or act so matter of factly about people being dragged behind cars. When you're that high profile you should know whatever you say on the phone, in a boardroom or in a text will get out there

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Papa John, they tried blackmailing him for the tune of $6 million.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've lived in Georgia my entire life, and we're not exactly known for great pizza, but the best pizza I have ever had is the Philly cheese steak pizza from Dominos.
That shit if fucking great.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Papa John, they tried blackmailing him for the tune of $6 million.

Really? Wow, that should be looked into and their clients should be very wary. I don't feel bad for Papa John in the slightest but this does not bode feel for that firm

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a Civil Rights business that needs to be funded and news that needs to be watched and racism, even when there actually isn't any, sells. However, he really should have known better than to use the word or act so matter of factly about people being dragged behind cars. When you're that high profile you should know whatever you say on the phone, in a boardroom or in a text will get out there
I get that. But I don't think 'Merica will ever get past its issues if people can't speak frankly without fear of being labeled something they aren't. Intention is what should be considered more than nomenclature and I think this is a decent example of that.