• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

lots of 49er fans on here

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I myself am a huge 49ers fan and I see many of you Domers are Niners fans. Are the rest of you that are grow up during the 49er dynasty? The first actual NFL season I watched was 94 (which I was 10) and of course the Niners were awesome so like most 10 year olds, you like the team that is good. I however stuck with them even when my hometown team is the Bears since I live in Illinois. I get Sunday NFL ticket just so I can watch the Niners every week and it is awesome. It is an awful place to live when the local CBS and FOX affiliates just broadcast the Vikings, Packers, and Bears and whoever they are playing. It has been difficult being a fan from the Jeff Garcia/ TO era until Harbaugh's arrival. It was a long decade of losing. I'm glad they are once again relevant.

How did the rest of you become fans?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in NJ and when I was young my dad made me watch 49ers and ND. He was a big Joe Montana fan so I just followed the teams my Dad like. I been a fan since 7 years old. I will always remember watching Joe Montana playing for ND. He made me watch it 100 times. I was hooked.

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in South Bend and Joe cool was the first memory of football that I had. It was great growing up in the 80s and 90s watching the 9er greats. My dad was a huge Steelers fan so it was always fun talking about the dynasties of each team and arguing who was better. If you are 35-45 years old and an Irish fan, there has to be a part of you that is a 9er fan as well.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, for me it was pretty much the same thing I was 10 in 94 and really started watching football a couple years before that and just like the Niners, everyone loves a winner. The lean years have been tough but I've always stuck by them knowing some day they'll turn things around.