• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like we got another RB

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrisonburg RB Michael Holmes. Anybody know much about this kid?

The Daily News Record: BREAKING NEWS NEWS

Wow, what timing. I just posted on the other thread and this kid's name came up. He is a stud. A bit undersized ( I think 6 foot is pushing it), and under-recruited, a diamond in the rough prospect. He will likely end up being the AA Div. 4 player of the year in VA. Good pickup, especially considering Evans and/or Williams will be leaving. I don't know much on his stats, but I heard on the radio not long ago that he rushed for 300-400 yards and like 5-6touchdowns in one game this year. I think he has some gaudy stats.

saltrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He put up unbelievable stats his junior and senior years. The reason he wasn't recruited more is that he plays against pretty weak competition and he has very good blocking (Landon Turner). And like sparks said, he is a little undersized. I think if we give him 2-3 years to develop he could become a good RB.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're definitely keeping a pretty good stable for Hite to work with. A former student of mine is hoping to get a chance for some PT, but as a walkon, it's hard to break through with the backfield we have.

Sadly, his first action was part of the blown blocking assignment leading to BSU's punt block :(. He is a great kid though that always says 'yes sir' and 'thank you sir'. Plus, he excells in the classroom.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He put up unbelievable stats his junior and senior years. The reason he wasn't recruited more is that he plays against pretty weak competition and he has very good blocking (Landon Turner). And like sparks said, he is a little undersized. I think if we give him 2-3 years to develop he could become a good RB.

Those 2-3 years are the key. Holmes is a good RB but he wont be like DW DE RW or even Tony Gregory, he is going to need a few years to play @ this level. i'd say a RS and a year of special teams play (or riding bench) @ least. Dont get me wrong though im glad to have him and with time think he'll contribute.

- i know a lot of people think we are losing either/both RW and DE but everything i'm hearing says there is a chance both of them stay. DE really wants to finish his degree and says " people keep talking about how ima leave because of james and my wife, but we eatn good every night" RW knows that he would prob be a higher pick next year, and going this year could cost him millions.

- i almost hope one of them go. i know its a nice prob to have but there just seems to be a log jam back there.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 2-3 years are the key. Holmes is a good RB but he wont be like DW DE RW or even Tony Gregory, he is going to need a few years to play @ this level. i'd say a RS and a year of special teams play (or riding bench) @ least. Dont get me wrong though im glad to have him and with time think he'll contribute.

- i know a lot of people think we are losing either/both RW and DE but everything i'm hearing says there is a chance both of them stay. DE really wants to finish his degree and says " people keep talking about how ima leave because of james and my wife, but we eatn good every night" RW knows that he would prob be a higher pick next year, and going this year could cost him millions.

- i almost hope one of them go. i know its a nice prob to have but there just seems to be a log jam back there.

Not sure that is a bad problem to have. It doesn't let one individual RB to get in a groove but it keeps at least one or two, if not all healthy and may end up getting them another year or two in the NFL. Most of the sites I have looked at project RW as a late first/early second rounder. If he stays he may be the #1 RB taken next year, barring someone else having a breakout year or injury. I think RW goes if that projection is correct (it would be great if he was a redskin!!). What you say about DE is interesting. I think he is projected as a mid-late round pick, so I think there is definetely a possibility he stays if he boosts his stock, but I believe I read somewhere that he only has 2 or 3 classes to take for his degree so..we will see on him.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lest we forget this guy.....

FedEx+Orange+Bowl+draW2cHhIFBl.jpg

He knows how to break a head or two as well.....

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
yeah actually if we do lose RW and DE, i think Josh O and DW will be one hell of a combo next year. JO is a guy who is usually just an after-thought but every time he's in the game he seems to impress.

BTW: here are some notes on the DE/RW situation. (just scroll through all the basketball play by play)
Kyle Tucker (kyletuckerVP) on Twitter

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i know that people can change their mind @ the drop of a hat especially when you place large sum's of $ in front of them, but everything on DE's twitter seems to point to him coming back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know that people can change their mind @ the drop of a hat especially when you place large sum's of $ in front of them, but everything on DE's twitter seems to point to him coming back.

What is his new twitter? I still have the old one that got turned off, djevans32.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
32de32

look @ the last thing he says on dec 7th and then the thing about "eatn good" on the
10th.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lest we forget this guy.....

FedEx+Orange+Bowl+draW2cHhIFBl.jpg

He knows how to break a head or two as well.....

Oglesby is a solid RB. IF RW/DE left he could pick up some of the slack. Gregory has shown some promise in practice and mop up, but he needs to add some weight or he won't make it through an entire season.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i had my doubts about holmes @ first, but i've been watching video of him today and was really suprised about him. He has a lot of "twitch" which makes him elusive, his vision seems to be his biggest attribute, he also looks to be strong enough to break through arm tackles.

I think "initial burst" will be the point of emphasis for mike gentry and co. it just seems like it takes him an extra step or two to hit full speed.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, the only reason that Holmes only had offers from UVA, VT and JMU is because he flat out blocked his out of state recruiting. He did not say he wanted to stay in state. He said, I will ONLY play in-state. Hence the lack of offers from elsewhere. He looks like a good one. I see a bit of JO or maybe evan DE in him.

(Also, Beamer is about to be on CFBLive)

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, the only reason that Holmes only had offers from UVA, VT and JMU is because he flat out blocked his out of state recruiting. He did not say he wanted to stay in state. He said, I will ONLY play in-state. Hence the lack of offers from elsewhere. He looks like a good one. I see a bit of JO or maybe evan DE in him.

(Also, Beamer is about to be on CFBLive)

Found some more stats on Holmes. He scored 8, that's right 8 TD's in the FIRST half of one of his games this year.