• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like UM's Jabril Peppers also had a positive drug test at the combine...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then be upfront and honest about it. Lots of players sat out bowl games this year. No need to lie especially when you have a history of injuries.

It is just my guess. You saw how the media had a field day with the guys who sat out bowl games when healthy. I think they just tried to shield UM from bad press.

Now the one they hid is the bowl game against Florida the year before. I heard he punched out a car window and that is why he missed the game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 'injury' had to do with skipping a meaningless bowl game prior to the draft. After the ND LB the year before and then Jake Butt this year, I have a feeling you will see more and more high profile guys sitting out.

Unless you are playing in the CFP, the other bowls are nothing more than money grabs anyway

So you think the Orange Bowl is meaningless? I call bullshit! Had meeeechegan won the Orange Bowl last season you'd still be bragging about it.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't test positive for anything. His pee basically came back diluted, meaning there wasn't enough substance in it to actually do the test. It can fail like this simply by drinking too much water before the test.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't test positive for anything. His pee basically came back diluted, meaning there wasn't enough substance in it to actually do the test. It can fail like this simply by drinking too much water before the test.
Same thing with Foster. Doesn't matter as far as the NFL's drug policy is concerned tho, diluted = failed.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing with Foster. Doesn't matter as far as the NFL's drug policy is concerned tho, diluted = failed.
Meh,

According to a CAA spokesman, who works for agency that represents Jabril Peppers:

"Peppers went to the combine. He was sick after flying there from San Diego. He has a history of cramping. Peppers was being pumped with fluids, drinking 8-10 bottles of water before he went to bed, because he was the first guy to work out two days for the LBs and DBs. He had to go through that first day, come back on second day, and that was the fear. So Peppers was pounding water and under the weather. He never failed a drug test in his life, nor tested positive before for any substance."

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh,

According to a CAA spokesman, who works for agency that represents Jabril Peppers:

"Peppers went to the combine. He was sick after flying there from San Diego. He has a history of cramping. Peppers was being pumped with fluids, drinking 8-10 bottles of water before he went to bed, because he was the first guy to work out two days for the LBs and DBs. He had to go through that first day, come back on second day, and that was the fear. So Peppers was pounding water and under the weather. He never failed a drug test in his life, nor tested positive before for any substance."
Foster had a similar story but, from everything I've seen, still doesn't matter. Anything but a straight up negative is a fail as far as the NFL goes. It's not like these dudes wouldn't just make some shit up to get out of it.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster had a similar story but, from everything I've seen, still doesn't matter. Anything but a straight up negative is a fail as far as the NFL goes. It's not like these dudes wouldn't just make some shit up to get out of it.
I just don't see him as a person who would risk it. It's not impossible, but from the character of the person I've seen at Michigan for 3 years, it would be shocking.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see him as a person who would risk it. It's not impossible, but from the character of the person I've seen at Michigan for 3 years, it would be shocking.
You never know. But, unfortunately, the people that matter have to go by the test results.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know. But, unfortunately, the people that matter have to go by the test results.
Ultimately doesn't really bother me, he's no longer at Michigan.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a guy who is dumb enough to punch out car windows, according to @TrustMeIamRight , right before a bowl game and injure himself to keep him out of he game suddenly is smart enough not to risk doing drugs before the combine? You can say the same about a lot of the people who do dumb shit before draft day. You are only defending him because he is a Michigan man

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a guy who is dumb enough to punch out car windows, according to @TrustMeIamRight , right before a bowl game and injure himself to keep him out of he game suddenly is smart enough not to risk doing drugs before the combine? You can say the same about a lot of the people who do dumb shit before draft day. You are only defending him because he is a Michigan man

I'm not defending him. I just said he is as dumb as Foster and every other guy who can't stay clean for the biggest job interview of their life.

Where am I defending him?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red flag for trying to get weed out of his system. Once heard a scout they don't care about the weed as much as that the kid can't stop smoking it for a few weeks. Apparently the whole league smokes, and you gotta be pretty dumb or pretty addicted to fail a weed test. Not good at all.

Could also trigger a first offense from Goodell.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not defending him. I just said he is as dumb as Foster and every other guy who can't stay clean for the biggest job interview of their life.

Where am I defending him?
I wasn't saying you were defending, I'm citing my sources. APA format en sech

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't saying you were defending, He's citing his sources. APA format en sech

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't saying you were defending, He's citing his sources. APA format en sech
Fucking wife burned through 7gigs of data in 5 days and I'm stuck with my work wifi which double posts me a lot. My bad.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys got to use better judgment. You're about to be in the NFL draft and have a chance at earning a massive amount of money. If you want to smoke weed that's fine but not close to the combine.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys got to use better judgment. You're about to be in the NFL draft and have a chance at earning a massive amount of money. If you want to smoke weed that's fine but not close to the combine.
Foster is a definite first round guy even with this happening to him. Peppers is a fringe project who didn't have much in the way of stats, question of whether he could stay healthy or not, and really difficult to find a position that he is suited for in the NFL. He could fall to the third round for something like this. I hope the Lions stay far away from Peppers.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how many finalists do we have for the annual Laremy Tunsil fuck your own agent award