• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOOKS LIKE THE ESPN BOARDS ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They must have done it at 12 EST. There was more about that place that I liked than I really didn't, but the final couple of hours was filled by posters that had created screen names today and the past few days. I am convinced that the vast majority of the screen names were generated by just a small handful of trolls, which is probably one of the reason for the boards demise, that was really ridiculous. I actually had one of the senior trolls that made a career of it (rg3superknee was one of his numerous handles probably of allout) call me out!

SportsHoopla is my home for now....unless they can't prove they can somehow controll the mutliple screen name creator trolls. Trolling is ok as far as I am concerned, you can say whatever you want even if I don't like it and I think everyone should have that right, but the mutliple screen name thing is really annoying. If you are going to say something that you know that some people are going to disagree with or think as obnoxious, at least have the gonads to use your regular screen name to do it!:gaah:

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They must have done it at 12 EST. There was more about that place that I liked than I really didn't, but the final couple of hours was filled by posters that had created screen names today and the past few days. I am convinced that the vast majority of the screen names were generated by just a small handful of trolls, which is probably one of the reason for the boards demise, that was really ridiculous. I actually had one of the senior trolls that made a career of it (rg3superknee was one of his numerous handles probably of allout) call me out!

SportsHoopla is my home for now....unless they can't prove they can somehow controll the mutliple screen name creator trolls. Trolling is ok as far as I am concerned, you can say whatever you want even if I don't like it and I think everyone should have that right, but the mutliple screen name thing is really annoying. If you are going to say something that you know that some people are going to disagree with or think as obnoxious, at least have the gonads to use your regular screen name to do it!:gaah:
We have an alt detector that picks up multiple screen name users when they sign in. Check this out: http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/site-announcements-help-suggestions/100350-tofficial-guess-who-using-alt-thread.html

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have an alt detector that picks up multiple screen name users when they sign in. Check this out: http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/site-announcements-help-suggestions/100350-tofficial-guess-who-using-alt-thread.html

What GS said. We will get em if they try.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolling keeps boards entertaining. as long as the troll is creative and funny. There are a lot of lame trolls that are just a waste of time.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so guys can post there still

others cant

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolling keeps boards entertaining. as long as the troll is creative and funny. There are a lot of lame trolls that are just a waste of time.

If the trolling is entertaining and the locals on the team board don't mind, they can stay. But trolling with alternate ID's (alts) is off limits.

I agree, the lame trolls are worthless and shown the door quickly.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they closed the boards due to trolling. I don't really know much about internet based business, but I figure that ESPN's business relationship with Facebook might be the main reason for closing the forums. Perhaps the two are related.

I read and posted over there for about nine years, but this seems like as good a forum. I thought that the trolling was often funny, but I also found it sometimes annoying.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of the trolls were so dumb it was funny. So the multiple SN were all bad but I agree I would have liked more actual discussion then just baiting.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they closed the boards due to trolling. I don't really know much about internet based business, but I figure that ESPN's business relationship with Facebook might be the main reason for closing the forums. Perhaps the two are related.

I read and posted over there for about nine years, but this seems like as good a forum. I thought that the trolling was often funny, but I also found it sometimes annoying.

It was robust it killed the boards that and before robust you can easily access them from ESPN main page after robust they took it down so you had to go searching for it that is why post robust 80 percent of the ESPN community activity was on articles and blogs and not on the message boards. I think they have had this plan in the works for a while.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the trolling is entertaining and the locals on the team board don't mind, they can stay. But trolling with alternate ID's (alts) is off limits.

I agree, the lame trolls are worthless and shown the door quickly.

Yep - I have debated with you in the past on ESPN & you are a pretty good guy. I enjoy those type of debates. I also don't mind a little trolling. However - I take issue with these lame trolls who try to hijack threads & post the same thing about 100 times in one thread. Also - anyone who claims to "Own" you or replies "You Mad bro?" is also very lame.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was robust it killed the boards that and before robust you can easily access them from ESPN main page after robust they took it down so you had to go searching for it that is why post robust 80 percent of the ESPN community activity was on articles and blogs and not on the message boards. I think they have had this plan in the works for a while.

It has Disney written all over it & hopefully will be a compete failure. Kind of reminds me of their TV operation which is also heading in a different direction & is terrible IMO.

alloutanames

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy here is a total mo....

I am alloutanames... this guy is vermin.. was fooled by someone posing as me.. called alloutonames.. and went on a lying binge...

I will say that I have never made a single post under another name

it is posters like this catchbluefish toad that did in the ESPN boards...... even for a Pats fan, this guy reeks

alloutanames

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for catchbluefish

this guy here is a total mo....

I am alloutanames... this guy is vermin.. was fooled by someone posing as me.. called alloutonames.. and went on a lying binge...

I will say that I have never made a single post under another name

it is posters like this catchbluefish toad that did in the ESPN boards...... even for a Pats fan, this guy reeks

nothing worse than liars and spreaders of false info IMO

beware of catchbluefish

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has Disney written all over it & hopefully will be a compete failure. Kind of reminds me of their TV operation which is also heading in a different direction & is terrible IMO.

And I hope Foxsports 1 just kicks ESPN ass because its the same stuff every day on ESPN its old.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, I remember the ESPN Boards like it was only yesterday... Sadly, it is now also the only board I have ever been perma banned from... :doh:

fearthepelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN forums were good for a long time. But it really degenerated at the end with all of the political and race baiting nonsense.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their fantasy boards are still up and running ...and a facebook account is not needed to post there.
Funny thing though...I was over there earlier today and the "Loading ...Please Wait" memo kept appearing once in a while.......lol/smh