• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Gruden's gonna take off the training wheels on the O

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Self-Reflecting Jay Gruden Offers "Something Has To Change" When Bengals Have The Lead - Cincy Jungle

During a day of honesty from Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden on Wednesday, who idly hinted that the Bengals may pull running back Cedric Benson if he hasn't resolved his recent fumbling issues, Gruden is offering more hints that the play-calling could change when Cincinnati is sporting a lead.

"You got to take a long look at yourself as a play-caller and make sure you are putting the quarterback in a position where he's not taking major risks but he's got a chance to move the ball."

Cincinnati has been entirely too conservative when holding onto a lead, often turning into a group that changes the meaning of offensive to truly being offensive that's doing just enough not to turn the football over (which didn't work against the Cardinals), even though three-play possessions only take roughly a minute and a half off the clock.

The self-reflecting Gruden acknowledges that when Cincinnati has a lead, they've rarely gone for the jugular.

"Something has to change. Basically when we get the lead, we have to keep the pedal to the metal. I have to come up with ways to make first downs. If you have to throw it, you have to throw it."

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe it when I see it.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw the damned ball down the field.....they need to come out chuckin' it, and just keep on chuckin' it...........they can own the Ravens corners if they just try......throw to whatever side of the field Reed isn't on, and they'll be fine......

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals need to get the best of both worlds, passing and running, the only player on this offense that is a true stud is Green.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a very ugly game of turnovers if the teams start throwing it around. The wind will be gusting up to 42MPH, which means, whichever teams runs the ball best, will win this game or get the big INT's.

Does not bode well for us in my opinion.