• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Bama fans may have been right about Nuss

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote from Saban

I’ve been begging the offensive coordinators around here to open it up ever since I’ve been here,” Saban said. “Jimbo Fisher was the best offensive coordinator I ever had that did what I wanted to do, and everybody wants to run the ball. Now, we always had a very good team to run the ball, and we had a very good defense, and it was really smart to play the way we played. Now, we have more skill players that are good perimeter players, and I think we are doing what we need to do on offense to take advantage of that. Lane does a really, really good job of taking advantage of what players can do."

Saban: 'I've been begging to open it up since I've been here'

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to judge a guy off of a few months and a few games....especially when this has been a problem for us the last 4-8 seasons (depending on how you look at it). I'm willing to bet the problem is more Hoke than anything.

I will say this, I like his play calling much much better than Borges. Gardner just can't hit wide open WRs for some reason -- probably because he's locked on the 1 WR double covered and still attempts to throw to him anyway.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to judge a guy off of a few months and a few games....especially when this has been a problem for us the last 4-8 seasons (depending on how you look at it). I'm willing to bet the problem is more Hoke than anything.

I will say this, I like his play calling much much better than Borges. Gardner just can't hit wide open WRs for some reason -- probably because he's locked on the 1 WR double covered and still attempts to throw to him anyway.

He'll put up like 500 yards on us again I bet...

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my biggest gripe with Nuss, we would run the ball to the red zone, once in the red zone we would throw 3 passes then attempt a 40+ yard field goal. Everyone here knows how great we are at making 40+ yard field goals.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my biggest gripe with Nuss, we would run the ball to the red zone, once in the red zone we would throw 3 passes then attempt a 40+ yard field goal. Everyone here knows how great we are at making 40+ yard field goals.

I'll always contend he cost Bama the 2012 A&M game. Late in the 1st half, 1st and goal from about the 7, 2 handoffs to Lacy, TD. Same scenario late in the 4th, he calls 3 pass plays, interception, ballgame.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll always contend he cost Bama the 2012 A&M game. Late in the 1st half, 1st and goal from about the 7, 2 handoffs to Lacy, TD. Same scenario late in the 4th, he calls 3 pass plays, interception, ballgame.

I agree 100%, aTm 2012, the barn and Oklahoma last year are three losses that can be blamed on Nuss and his dumb play calling.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hope that our defense would get a mention...:noidea:

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hope that our defense would get a mention...:noidea:

I'm not knocking Oklahoma, you guys played great and beat Bama. I just believe if we wouldn't have abandoned the run (that was getting ridiculous yards per attempt) we win that game between 6 - 8 points

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not knocking Oklahoma, you guys played great and beat Bama. I just believe if we wouldn't have abandoned the run (that was getting ridiculous yards per attempt) we win that game between 6 - 8 points

I was gobsmacked that Henry didn't get every carry, every play.

I would have done that until they could have stopped him.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see how it hasnt been readily apparent that Nuss was the issue at Bama and most likely is part of the issue at Michigan. Kiffin has this offense humming with a first time starter(fifth year player) and some new oline players. He is making the playcalling by many past OC's look sad in comparison. In my opinion, good riddance to Nuss and his inept game skills as an OC.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama always has top talent all around. They can play any style the OC chooses but it would seem to make sense to no be so conservative. Why run the ball a majority of the time when you can like they are now and get big plays on a regular basis. Or if you do and it works for big yardage like the OK game, stick to what is working until they stop it.