• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Look at it this way

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots played 4 games in 18 days. That is an average of a game every 4 1/2 days. Not enough time to heal, not enough time to plan, and not enough time to recover from loss from injuries. These would be excuses if not for the fact we won 3 games in 12 days!
The sky is not falling. A little rest, a little planning, a little practice and getting lineman back.
Crush the cutlet!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I've been sayin' Southie BUT, I hope to see more of this than I did last Thursday:

bears+vs+pats+4.jpg

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer....excellent point. 4 games in 18 days is way over the top. I heard a thing on the TV the other night where one of the commentators said that teams who play Thursday should be on their Bye week the week before playing on Thursday because 3-1/2 days is not enough time to prepare or heal from a game played on the previous Sunday.

If Peyton Manning's team ever had to play 3 games in 12 days or 4 in 18 the league would institute a solid rule forbidding it.......much like all of the defensive rules regarding wide receivers. After all Manning's WRs are always the victims of muggings under the lights.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer....excellent point. 4 games in 18 days is way over the top. I heard a thing on the TV the other night where one of the commentators said that teams who play Thursday should be on their Bye week the week before playing on Thursday because 3-1/2 days is not enough time to prepare or heal from a game played on the previous Sunday.

If Peyton Manning's team ever had to play 3 games in 12 days or 4 in 18 the league would institute a solid rule forbidding it.......much like all of the defensive rules regarding wide receivers. After all Manning's WRs are always the victims of muggings under the lights.

Looks like every team is in this situation of 3 games in 12 days and some have 4 in 18 also it is just not the Pats.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Manning has it also, the broncos are in it now playing oct 5,12,19, and thurs the 23 before getting the long stretch into the Pat game.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After I shot my mouth off, I decided to take a closer lookj at the schedule and the Broncos are taking a nasty shot in the nuts. They have to play the 49ers tonight which is going to be a pretty physical game, then they have take on the Chargers Thursday night, and then fly to New England. Any injuries even minor ones in tonight's game will soften them for the Chargers. What's more interesting, the temps in New England the past few weeks have been mild. Last night the temps dropped 17 degrees over the entire area. They continued to drop after the sun went up this morning. According to the forecasters, we'll get a slight warm up on Monday and Tuesday and then another severe drop could be coming out of Canada. The ski resorts here are already making snow.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After I shot my mouth off, I decided to take a closer lookj at the schedule and the Broncos are taking a nasty shot in the nuts. They have to play the 49ers tonight which is going to be a pretty physical game, then they have take on the Chargers Thursday night, and then fly to New England. Any injuries even minor ones in tonight's game will soften them for the Chargers. What's more interesting, the temps in New England the past few weeks have been mild. Last night the temps dropped 17 degrees over the entire area. They continued to drop after the sun went up this morning. According to the forecasters, we'll get a slight warm up on Monday and Tuesday and then another severe drop could be coming out of Canada. The ski resorts here are already making snow.

Just a tool hoping a team has injuries so they lose. Pathetic! :lame:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SDGuy..............Your the kind of guy who makes remarks about people and hides behind your keyboard. You also have problems with your ability to read.

I wasn't wishing or hoping for injuries. My statement is that the Broncos have a game with a physical opponent. Any injury even minor ones will be extremely difficult to overcome with such a short turnaround before they play again on Thursday night.

Try learning to read and comprehending what you read.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like every team is in this situation of 3 games in 12 days and some have 4 in 18 also it is just not the Pats.

We won 3 of 4 in 18 days. Let's see how everyone else does....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SDGuy..............Your the kind of guy who makes remarks about people and hides behind your keyboard. You also have problems with your ability to read.

I wasn't wishing or hoping for injuries. My statement is that the Broncos have a game with a physical opponent. Any injury even minor ones will be extremely difficult to overcome with such a short turnaround before they play again on Thursday night.

Try learning to read and comprehending what you read.

The Broncos sustained two injuries to special teams guys...all actual starting offensive and defensive players were full participants in practice yesterday so don't think the physicality of the 49ers quite hurt the Broncos like you thought.

On the other side of things though the Chargers look like they will be without Donald Brown, Ryan Matthews, Brandon Flowers, Manti Te'o, Rich Ohmberger, and possibly Jason Verrett. This is why I hate Thursday night games. Teams just don't have the recovery time. I would much rather face the Chargers at full strength or at least as close to that as possible.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos sustained two injuries to special teams guys...all actual starting offensive and defensive players were full participants in practice yesterday so don't think the physicality of the 49ers quite hurt the Broncos like you thought.

On the other side of things though the Chargers look like they will be without Donald Brown, Ryan Matthews, Brandon Flowers, Manti Te'o, Rich Ohmberger, and possibly Jason Verrett. This is why I hate Thursday night games. Teams just don't have the recovery time. I would much rather face the Chargers at full strength or at least as close to that as possible.

I couldn't agree more.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but this shit they don't need.

In New England, the best way to get a day off is to show up late.
But it’s still not regarded as a good thing when Patriots coach Bill Belichick sends a player home for being tardy. After that happened on Tuesday to cornerback Darrelle Revis, Revis was sufficiently contrite that he later returned to the facility to personally apologize to Belichick, via Tom Curran of CSN New England. Revis reportedly overslept. And Belichick has a history of telling guys who fail to arrive on time to take the day off.

Curran also reports that John Geiger, who serves as the cornerback’s business manager, deleted at the request of Revis tweets that criticized the initial report from Ben Volin of the Boston Globe.
There’s no reason to believe that Revis will face any further discipline, especially as the Patriots prepare to face a Bears team that has several talented pass catchers