• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lokking ahead to the offseason version 5

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Re-sign Callahan, 6 years - $35.25 million, a cap hit of $5,875 million per year (Dustin Brown money).
Not quite the $6 million he was looking for but close to it and I think he enjoyed his stint down here and knows the future is very bright. Cooper loves, Yzerman recognises his leadership and the fact he added a gritty physical presence upfront which we lacked, he's important piece to the puzzle and I think a deal gets done.
  • Re-Sign pending RFA's, Brown, Sustr, Barberio, also sign pending UFA Tom Pyatt.
Yzerman continues to lock up the youth. Cooper likes Pyatt, he likes his versatility, his grit, his effort among other things. it's a tough call to bring Pyatt back because I Cooper also likes Paquette but Paquette is better suited at Syracuse playing games rather than being a depth forward which will be Pyatt's role.
  • Trade Richard Panik for T.J Galiardi.
Decent deal for both sides, i'm a Panik fan because I like him when he's on his game. I like the fact he can skate and he throws his weight around but he's always been inconsistent plus he'd be a 4th liner and I don't think his game represents 4th line. Galiardi is a 3rd/4th liner, good speed, plays with grit, plays on the PK. I think he's an upgrade over Panik especially given a 4th line role, his game is more suited to it.
  • FA - sign Dan Boyle, 2 years $7 million, a cap hit of $3.5 million per year also sign Chad Johnson, 2 years $2 million, a cap hit of $1 million per year.
Danny Boyle, I just see this happening. I think with need to get a bit more tough and rugged on the blueline but I think Yzerman plan to try and get a puck mover dman who can carry the puck up the ice. He helps the PP and brings a winning pedigree. It seems like Yzerman likes what we have internally with the likes of Sustr, Gudas, Hedman, Barberio, Witkowski, Koekkoek, Blujus, Dotchin. It seems like he wants to let those guys develop rather than acquiring top 4 dman like Shattenkirk and giving up multiple prospects and picks to do so.

Lindback was not qualified by the bolts making him a UFA rather than a RFA on July 1st, so it doesn't seem like he'll be back although Yzerman said his on his "list". The are going to be cheaper on better options out there come July 1st and I think Al Montoya will be the backup of Big Ben next year.

Draft

The bolts have the 19th and 28th overall picks in the upcoming draft. I'm going to say Yzerman pulls a trade to move up to 11 (Nashville) and trade both our 1st round picks to get up to that spot.

• 11th overall pick - Alex Tuch - 6'3"/213lbs, C/RW, USA (NTDP-18), Committed to Boston College
Like everything about this kid. His obviously big hence his size but he's also very slick. Can play Center or Wing, his physical, he likes to hit and can fight. He's got a bomb for a shot, can actually play the point on the PP, his hockey IQ is off the charts and leads by example both on and off the ice. Quite frankly we don't have a player like this in our system, he's not just a power forward but we don't have a power forward in our system.

Team

Palat-Stamkos-Johnson
Killorn-Filppula-Callahan
Purcell-Drouin-Connolly
Galiardi-Thompson-Brown

Pyatt-Crombeen

Hedman-Boyle
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Sustr

Barberio

Bishop
Johnson

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team

Palat-Stamkos-Johnson
Purcell-Drouin-Connolly
Galiardi-Thompson-Brown

Pyatt-Crombeen

Hedman-Boyle
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Sustr

Wheres Kucherov Danny ?

Barberio

Bishop
Johnson[/QUOTE]

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team

Palat-Stamkos-Johnson
Purcell-Drouin-Connolly
Galiardi-Thompson-Brown

Pyatt-Crombeen

Hedman-Boyle
Carle-Gudas
Brewer-Sustr

Wheres Kucherov Danny ?

Barberio

Bishop
Johnson
[/QUOTE]

I don't think Kucherov will make the team out of camp, I think Connolly will beat him out. Not only that but Yzerman wants his prospects not to be rushed and therefore giving Kucherov more time at the AHL level won't hurt him.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palat stamkos Johnson
Killorn flipper Callahan
Drouin Richards kucherov
Crombeen Thompson brown
Panik

Hedman michael stone
Carle gudas
Brewer boyle
Sustr extra barbs

Bishop
Nabokov

This is what i could see purcell and connolly traded for michael stone we get that deal done! Callahan signs 5.5 for 6 year term. Malone gets bought out brad richards signs 4.5 for 3 year term! Dan boyle signs 4.5 for 2 year term. Bolts sign nabokov to one year deal for 1.8 per season! Stevie has shown nabokov interest in past. Math works witn purcell and malone moving out. I think this team makes us a contender next year! We get some vet leaders we really need.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason we go Nabokov is we have to go one year with a goalie because Adam Wilcox gets signed next year to a entry level deal! So vasi or guds are going to battle for the NHL back up job for the 2015 - 2016 season. So I see them having vasi and Wilcox in the ahl after vasi and guds this year.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Math will work we can go 3.6 over the salary cap with ohlund ltir

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kucherov is one of our best players. He will be on our team next year. Also I don't know why you guys don't believe me but Vasi will be our backup to Big Ben next year.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kucherov is one of our best players. He will be on our team next year. Also I don't know why you guys don't believe me but Vasi will be our backup to Big Ben next year.

Yzerman will have vasi in the ahl for two full seasons I have no doubt about that. You can't rush goalies there is no need to rush vasi to the nhl the lightning have Ben bishop. That was lindbacks issue Nashville messed him up badly he needed reps in the ahl rather then being a back up goalie.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deal is really close with ryan callahan and tampa bay looks like this could be done very soon

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Vasi as backup he will get plenty of starts as I don't think they will burn out Big Ben like they did last year. Both will benefit.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yzerman won't rush his prospects. I think Kucherov will start in the AHL, he needs more work on his overall game and giving him top line minutes with Namestinkov in Syracuse won't hurt him. As for Vasilevskiy again, Yzerman won't rush him, he won't rush his prospects especially his goalies because they especially need more time to develop.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Callahan wants to be in tampa for sure! he just wants to get a little more out of steve yzerman which I don't blame him. I'd expect montreal, Islanders, Buffalo and maybe the ducks to make offers. No state taxes in florida we have a advantage! this could drag on till july 4th! who really knows ?